Search the forum,

Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that pretty much what the OP is saying?

Possibly. But it reads to me as though he is trying to 'bleed' the whole upstairs which would take forever

Keep some Vicks vapour rub in van. When your in a nice fragrant dwelling a small amount of Vicks under you nose will help u feel less dirty.

When fitting push fit to chrome, i literally do one rotation of an old, blunt pipeslice around the end of the pipe about 10mm in. The grab ring will sit in this score and the push fit fitting will never come off !

Never trust that the apprentice has turned draincock off on a rad before filling system, check to make sure they haven't turned it fully on!

when our pipe slices get less effective at cutting copper put some flux over night it stiffens them up and they will work better

Physics doesn't even correlate to that making sense oily face, heat activated flux, acid based?

Explain if you would, thanks

or just book a new one out to the next job, and give the crap ones to the apprenticce !!

As cold weather is here never leave any batteries in your van or the cold wont do them any good...even things like digital thermometer...inspection cameras..AA's etc. Also things like silicone in the really freezing nights should be brought it.

when working in a cramped space and you can't find that screwdriver/spanner/tape you were just using, your usually sitting on it.

If you've had a curry the night before and are carrying excess wind, take your hoover into work and boff into that. Dilutes the exhaust a treat.

What on the soil ? Or are the houses really posh? I would say empty all your pockets and get a bucket cut down to move tools around?

A good way to crawl below floorboards is get some good thick cardboard - like what comes with shower doors & boilers. Lay it down on the subfloors (which tend to be covered in rubble often) & you can just slide yourself on it very easily & it can be very comfortable & warm also.
Don't let a blow lamp near it though!

When crawling around underfloors use a little trolley to slide around makes life a lot quicker and easier

Please make a video mate, this is either breakthrough sort of thinking or you are ****ed and robbed a trolly from the supermarket. :hand:

I use transcendental meditation and just hover around. Much kinder on the knees.

I use the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but i suppose that is what i am all about.

No on the oversite

U must strike it lucky. Normally old houses with decent voids have no over site or loads of rubbish under there or new ones har a 200mm void. No trolley will help me in an 200mm void as my middle engine is a little bigger than that!

Keep an old cast wheel head from a gate valve (not the pressed tin ones) in the toolbox. They fit most lock shields aswell as gate valves. Makes rad-work easy :)

Old radiator brackets can be used to strengthen boxing or cupboards if you've pulled them apart, ugly but effective. Also they can be used to support floorboards of you've cut them a touch too short

y5ypedy9.jpg

Sentinel bottles make great drip trays. And look better than Ones with aldi chicken thighs written on them

If you don't know what your doing leave it alone, or if the urge is too strong, at least talk to somebody who does 1st.

With that much inhibitor, how did the rad corrode so bad in the 1st place. Ha ha.

Pair of Moles to help set up your soldering
(Please excuse the coupling, just got that length wrong and didn't have another length within reach :) )
pe3eba5y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock