Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
one just popped to me today (im sure others will have used it plenty like as its so obvious but hey) when replacing a towel rad or standered rad upstairs and you cant find a drain off without lifting a trap or 2, find a downstairs rad has modern bleed valves you can drain straight into a large flexy tub through the bleed valve nice and easy allthough this wont allways work if all rads have been dropped from above

one just popped to me today (im sure others will have used it plenty like as its so obvious but hey) when replacing a towel rad or standered rad upstairs and you cant find a drain off without lifting a trap or 2, find a downstairs rad has modern bleed valves you can drain straight into a large flexy tub through the bleed valve nice and easy allthough this wont allways work if all rads have been dropped from above

That would take all day and is not the best way to achieve what you did.

Far better to isolate valves and remove vent plug and replace with a compression coupler with a bit of pipe on it then open valves and fill a bucket or stick hose on pipe.

Far better to isolate valves and remove vent plug and replace with a compression coupler with a bit of pipe on it then open valves and fill a bucket or stick hose on pipe.

Isn't that pretty much what the OP is saying?

Keep some Vicks vapour rub in van. When your in a nice fragrant dwelling a small amount of Vicks under you nose will help u feel less dirty.

When fitting push fit to chrome, i literally do one rotation of an old, blunt pipeslice around the end of the pipe about 10mm in. The grab ring will sit in this score and the push fit fitting will never come off !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock