Search the forum,

Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, I've got a small 'frenchman' ( side jaw adjustable, not Carla Bruni's fella whose name escapes me!). An 8 or 10'' one of those would be nice but i haven't even seen them at boot sales or autojumbles

Ah!!

Yeah, it would be handy....
10mm olives are a git to get off, as the soft copper means it's often on there forever!!

If you make a tool that can do them all, put me down for one.
see the 'olivepulloff' tool on eBay or YouTube. One tool for 10,15 & 22mm

I wouldn't even attempt to pull or cut off an olive on minibore.

Ive been forced to cut the olive and replace in the past ( micro bore) due to not much available pipe coming out of walls etc, only with a heallthy dose of liquid ptfe all over the new olive due to pipe throttling.

One I'd like especially for push fit towel rad valves are push fits for chrome pipe. It's a pain in the rse having to grind off the chrome.

[DLMURL="http://www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk/Tectite/socialhousing/docs/products/ProductDetails.aspx?Id=14a76b1b-feee-41c8-90cb-d8e1d35e23de&Rid=e0fca590-bb37-4c9e-a9a5-ea802428a640"]Tectite Social Housing Improvement[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery powered solder dispenser. Just press the button and the solder comes out.

Saw this X-Hose on a shopping channel this morning and thought it was pretty good how it expands and shrinks. It'd certainly save some room in the van.

[video=youtube;sw-fmemXDZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-fmemXDZQ[/video]

Saw this X-Hose on a shopping channel this morning and thought it was pretty good how it expands and shrinks. It'd certainly save some room in the van.

Probably not work on low pressure as a drain down hose particularly well either. Seeing it contract about ten foot in the video under mains pressure with the sprinkler on I can see it contracting back to it's original length whilst draining down. Can you imagine the scene as the hose contracts back into the hallway and pours black water all over Mrs Jones new cream shag pile.

Probably not work on low pressure as a drain down hose particularly well either. Seeing it contract about ten foot in the video under mains pressure with the sprinkler on I can see it contracting back to it's original length whilst draining down. Can you imagine the scene as the hose contracts back into the hallway and pours black water all over Mrs Jones new cream shag pile.
That's a very good point.

I once made the mistake of getting a lay flat hose to save room. I must have had my stupid head on that day, whatever made me think I could drain down through it, it wasn't even any good on mains pressure.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/flow%2526pressure/REGR09"]REGR09 - Drain-Down Hose Kit | Regin[/DLMURL]

T

Last edited by a moderator:
A flue gas analyser that doesnt freak after being left in the cold. Maybe an analyser onesie.

A lottery number predictor might be able to buy some new tools if I win the euromillions

Thought of a few today,

1. A tool to tell us where to drill through a joist so that it is straight
2. A clip that holds pipe up while soldering
3. A tool to stop movement on pipes whilst soldering
4. a tool to push pipes so that they dont pull out when soldering
5. some way of cleaning pipes when you take them apart so when you put a different fitting on it is easy to put back on.
6. an app with all the most important regulations on it, cutting joists etc
7. a toolbox that tells you when you are out of flux, glue, solder, wire wool etc
8. a gas bottle that tells you when you are down to 1/4 full

Would be good if they sold experience by the bottle.....

Instead those with the experience end up hitting the bottle!!

I wish they'd pass a law that all washing machines must have wheels.

Jase you will get all this with experience doing it

Thought of a few today,

5. some way of cleaning pipes when you take them apart so when you put a different fitting on it is easy to put back on.
7. a toolbox that tells you when you are out of flux, glue, solder, wire wool etc

Thought of a few today,

2+3. Improvise, use tools, offcuts of pipe etc to make wedges to hold pipes in position when you solder.
4. Assemble the pipe and fitting, then pinch it slightly with a pair of grips, that will hold it in place and stop it falling out.
7. Keep two of everything and replace as soon as you are down to one.
8. You get a feel for how much is left by the weight of the bottle and also see no.7!

I think the point is being missed here, these are things that would be easier with a tool or invention. Everyone is suggesting to make do with grips or wedge or pipe but how much easier would life be if you had a tool to do it instead of making do?

2+3. Improvise, use tools, offcuts of pipe etc to make wedges to hold pipes in position when you solder.
4. Assemble the pipe and fitting, then pinch it slightly with a pair of grips, that will hold it in place and stop it falling out.
7. Keep two of everything and replace as soon as you are down to one.
8. You get a feel for how much is left by the weight of the bottle and also see no.7!
Like a said experience is need it

I can help you with the holes in joists Jase. Ill look out the PDF that I've got and email it to you if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock