Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watertight, Yes they can often damage the pipe a small amount. As it cuts the olive it often prangs the pipe, but it's not caused me any issues to date.

At least you know where your grips are. I had an idea where I'd left my spanner. I called and was told "I've looked, not here". So I have to kiss em goodbye.

I did once leave the exact same model under a floor, when I dived under to nip up a compression joint. The next day the floor was tiled. Bye bye spanner. (I know about comp joints under the floor, but I didn't fit it, and customer just wanted it nipped up not replaced).

That hurt as I knew where the spanner was, but couldn't get to it!

I found an old pair of footprints under a floor and thought ooh i'll try these nice and oldskool.......Then realised why they invented proper grips...

I found an old pair of footprints under a floor and thought ooh i'll try these nice and oldskool.......Then realised why they invented proper grips...

Ha!! Really? I have some foot print copies (cheap from Toolstation) never used them.

Some people rave about footprints but I hate the things, do you have to have hands like shovels to use them or something?

That reminds me, I've got a small 'frenchman' ( side jaw adjustable, not Carla Bruni's fella whose name escapes me!). An 8 or 10'' one of those would be nice but i haven't even seen them at boot sales or autojumbles

Ah!!

Yeah, it would be handy....
10mm olives are a git to get off, as the soft copper means it's often on there forever!!

If you make a tool that can do them all, put me down for one.
see the 'olivepulloff' tool on eBay or YouTube. One tool for 10,15 & 22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone! Greetings, from the wonderful City of Liverpool! I'm not a qualified plumber - but a joiner of wood. I fell in to the world of...
Replies
Views
R
Ok, so lots of people kindly participated in the great Intergas Poetry competition. See this thread for details. There are two prizes - the main...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
A
Hi everyone, i am posting this on behalf of hoping to find a placement, or some experience alongside someone in the mansfield area. i have...
Replies
Views
andyh1984
A
S
I haven't started a thread for such a long time and I have the urge to write something so here goes: This thread is meant for the people just...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock