Search the forum,

Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

We've all come across situations when we wish someone had invented something to help us get that job done easier, quicker and better.I want everyone to post their wishlist that they would like to see in their plumbers arsenal. The best ones I'll contact a few manufacturers I use and who knows you might even make your first million.

I'll start the ball rolling. One thing I want is for someone to invent realistic looking shiny chrome sanitary silicone, would really finish off shower enclosures.

Start posting!

Sting free flux! Already sleeved copper tube. A magic paste that seals the sudden drip on old pump valves. Dust sheets that actually stop dust. And a dust free drill bit.

An apprentice that knows everything drives owns hos/her own tools and van and works for 50p a day ?

Flexible flush pipes for those concealed cisterns !

An I phone app that measures stuff using the camera and some infa red techno ingenuity.

If it had touch screen abilities you could for instance point it at a house, touch screen at one side then touch screen at the other side and bam!! You've got the measurements.

A van that warms up instantly, so I don't have to drive off first thing with my head hanging out the window because I can't be arsed to scrape it

Knuckles that don't cut when you slip. Or an app that prevents you from taking a sink trap off and pouring the contents into said sink

My pet HATE is cutting flue pipe. I would like a cutter like the monument or rems soil pipe cutter that will cut and chamfer flue pipe.

My pet HATE is cutting flue pipe. I would like a cutter like the monument or rems soil pipe cutter that will cut and chamfer flue pipe.

I've got one its called 'manual labour with a hacksaw and a file':)

An I phone app that measures stuff using the camera and some infa red techno ingenuity.

If it had touch screen abilities you could for instance point it at a house, touch screen at one side then touch screen at the other side and bam!! You've got the measurements.

aherm!
they already do that one;)

There is a measuring app for Android and I've got it on the Galaxy Note. Works ok but wouldn't rely too much on it. There's another one which is really useful that projects a beam of light so that it can be used as a straight line. Good for tiling etc.

a wrachet spanner that works , heated windscreen for the van is a must !!! an app that can turn heating on from work ......
an app that tells customer to call for service when time is due

Core bits that wont snag on damp walls

big size syringe to drain systerns with an adaptor to a manometer hose for sucking water out of pipes ready to solder.

A tool to mute custards screaming kids when you are going about a landlords cert.

The never empty tea cup........just imagin.....a permanant brew on the go.

a wrachet spanner that works , heated windscreen for the van is a must !!! an app that can turn heating on from work ......
an app that tells customer to call for service when time is due

Wratchet spaner try britool
there is an app for turning home heating on if that's what you mean.
drayton do a programmer with a service indicator

Laser powered laser guided flue-hole cutting limpet. Stick it on, switch it on, get on with something else

3.25 metre lengths of copper tube for central heating drops.

A reliable cut in iscolating valve that can be cut in to live pipes to save draining down. E.g changing a 3 port

A reliable cut in iscolating valve that can be cut in to live pipes to save draining down. E.g changing a 3 port

How about 3 port valves with iso' unions?

A machine to straighten out coiled up 10mm.

An automated pipebender that can create perfect offsets and crossovers.

A junior hacksaw that cuts straight.

A burn mat that doesn't divert flames elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock