Search the forum,

Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRV's with 18°C, 19°C, 20°C, 21°C marks on them.

A machine to straighten out coiled up 10mm. Didn't someone show one on here recently.

An automated pipebender that can create perfect offsets and crossovers. They're available but incredibly expensive.

A junior hacksaw that cuts straight. I've got one, it's goog thirty years or more old and you can tighten the blade like in a large hacksaw. Sandvik make the 268 junior which features a screw to tighten the blade, don't know if it's as good as mine though.

A burn mat that doesn't divert flames elsewhere.Can't help with this one but I've found if you use Mapp you can use a smaller flame.

Sting free flux! Already sleeved copper tube. A magic paste that seals the sudden drip on old pump valves. Dust sheets that actually stop dust. And a dust free drill bit.

Have a look at WICU gas pipe from Yorkshire tube.

smokeless flux and smokeless burn mats so I don't feel like I'm getting lung disease every time I'm in an airing cuboard or loft

well i think your all just a lazy set of ungrateful so and so`s i tell ya you wanna be great full of the technology we have - WHEN i was a lad back in the day of plumbing you had to..................... never mind

Hands that were similar to a Swiss Army knife! All you needed was there in your fingers; adjustable spanner, slotted driver, pozi driver, torch, nose picker, arse scratcher, bleed key, rad tool, possibly even a phone built into the palm of your hand!!

I'd settle for isolating valves that don't pee out when you touch them.

well i think your all just a lazy set of ungrateful so and so`s i tell ya you wanna be great full of the technology we have - WHEN i was a lad back in the day of plumbing you had to..................... never mind

You had to what? Mine the lead yourself and carry it on your back across the great viaduct then swim to Pompeii?

REMOVE TRANSIT BOLTS painted on the back of washing machines.

At the moment I'd settle for some work. Had to resort to 'damsel in distress' jobs! Putting up shelves, putting together flat-pack, laminate flooring, decorating etc..............:disappointed:

Sorry to hear that Sid.

I would like a zero gravity tool bag.A bit like the hover boards in back to the future.

So you could pull in a 50KG tool box and not have to go out to the van three times for a 'just' job.

Sorry to hear that Sid.

I would like a zero gravity tool bag.A bit like the hover boards in back to the future.

So you could pull in a 50KG tool box and not have to go out to the van three times for a 'just' job.
Id be happy with a bag that doesn't increase in weight as the day goes on.

I know what you mean.

I'm too tight fisted to leave even small lengths of copper tube behind.

I once dropped a quid, and it hit me on the back of the head on the way down.

On the subject of an earlier post, there is a flexible flush pipe and it's made by Wirquin. I seen it in B&Q today.

People who wipe silicon down their trousers are lazy!! Get a cloth!!

I agree 100%. When I worked at the council as a contractor, all their direct bloke looked like dirty tramps. They always used to accuse me of not doing any work because my trousers where always clean.

I always wipe my hands on an old rag, or on the carpet if I'm I a minging house :)

It's a right pain if it gets on your clothes. I use a trade wipe. I hear baby wipes also work.

You see some plumbers with it smeared all down their thighs. Looks a right mess!

Just my opinion, which doesn't count for much!!

Knee pads that stay in place and actually cushion your knees, failing that, new knees (btw I'm 27)

When using silicone I just wipe my hand on my rse. That's why I've got a nice shiny white bum that never gets wet.

Private guitar lessons from Mark Knopfler would be nice, if anyone could arrange that for me...............:punk:

Yep I am feeling it now, back and knees ache already, hurt my back lumping 6 inch steel about when I was back pipe fitting, now I'm working for myself housebashing the knees are getting it. I don't think I'll actually have knees if I make it to 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock