Search the forum,

Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single olive remover which does all sizes up to 22mm.

Ah!!

Yeah, it would be handy. I don't use the olive puller at all since I bought the monument olive cutters. Much quicker than the puller.

10mm olives are a git to get off, as the soft copper means it's often on there forever!!

If you make a tool that can do them all, put me down for one.

Ah!!

Yeah, it would be handy. I don't use the olive puller at all since I bought the monument olive cutters. Much quicker than the puller.

10mm olives are a git to get off, as the soft copper means it's often on there forever!!

Hacksaw and fine tip screwdriver.

Ah!!

I have the 10mm Monument cutter which was great when I needed it for changing valves on a 120 house job. Was great watching the other lads use their hacksaws because they wouldn't spend a few quid.

Or try whacking the back nut of the compression joint with a spanner and it'll sometimes move down the pipe.

Often with 15/22 I'll try that before I break out the cutter! I have a cheap adjustable in my tool box, so I'm not too precious with it.

I've lost an 8" Bahco wide jaw last month. Not happy about that.

Don't think the link worked I saw this the other day and got a bit aroused, 10mm copper tube straightener

I've never seen an olive puller or splitter in my life and don't know anyone who has used one and have never needed one but i can always get them off if i need to :wink:

Seems a good bit of kit, pity about the long and instantly forgettable name though.
The guy who invented it was on here last year pushing it. It seems like a decent bit of kit but do i really need it? I've got an old yorkshire one lying around somewhere that is used so much i've never seen it in more than 10 years:smile:

The monument olive cutters will be faster than any manual method you have though Tamz. The design is so simple and effective. Start to finish on say a 15mm olive, is about 2 seconds.

The olive pullers, yeah a waste of time really.

If I'm doing a bulk change of rad valves, the little tool saves a load of time/hassle.

I dunno!

I do a fair few bathrooms over the course of a year, and i don't have any silicon on any of my work gear.

I even like to keep the mastic cage clean. That's going a bit far, i know this.

I dunno!

I do a fair few bathrooms over the course of a year, and i don't have any silicon on any of my work gear.

I even like to keep the mastic cage clean. That's going a bit far, i know this.

Think its just me, if it sticks it sticks to me. i'd never be a decorator..

State benefits for plumbers like help with rent and council tax.

If you ever park outside any Greggs you can play spot the plumber. Just look for the gut covered in silicon :smile:

The guy who invented it was on here last year pushing it. It seems like a decent bit of kit but do i really need it? I've got an old yorkshire one lying around somewhere that is used so much i've never seen it in more than 10 years:smile:

He actually offered some free samples after a lot of us said we thought it was too expensive. Mysteriously he hasn't been seen since. More fool him I say, look how well the forum has worked for the centramag filter. I'd buy one if it was a tenner.

An app that tells you not to bother with that customer or forget that quote becausevtheir cheapskates and just want anothet quote to justify paying the cowboy ÂŁ10 to fit a full combi and 10 rads !

The monument olive cutters will be faster than any manual method you have though Tamz. The design is so simple and effective. Start to finish on say a 15mm olive, is about 2 seconds.

do they have damage the pipe danny? would you use them without fear on say a rad tail pipe which is frozen and it's the only usable bit of pipe above the plug?

just watched youtube vid of them, looks pretty sweet if it works every time.

I've lost an 8" Bahco wide jaw last month. Not happy about that.

My 8" rothy grips have been under a lady's bath for a week. I didn't mention it to her because I was meant to go back the next day but she keeps changing her mind about the taps she wants. At some point I'm going to have to fake a psychic episode and claim they appeared to me in a vision sat under her bath.

Watertight, Yes they can often damage the pipe a small amount. As it cuts the olive it often prangs the pipe, but it's not caused me any issues to date.

At least you know where your grips are. I had an idea where I'd left my spanner. I called and was told "I've looked, not here". So I have to kiss em goodbye.

I did once leave the exact same model under a floor, when I dived under to nip up a compression joint. The next day the floor was tiled. Bye bye spanner. (I know about comp joints under the floor, but I didn't fit it, and customer just wanted it nipped up not replaced).

That hurt as I knew where the spanner was, but couldn't get to it!

I found an old pair of footprints under a floor and thought ooh i'll try these nice and oldskool.......Then realised why they invented proper grips...

I found an old pair of footprints under a floor and thought ooh i'll try these nice and oldskool.......Then realised why they invented proper grips...

Ha!! Really? I have some foot print copies (cheap from Toolstation) never used them.

Some people rave about footprints but I hate the things, do you have to have hands like shovels to use them or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock