Discuss The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this X-Hose on a shopping channel this morning and thought it was pretty good how it expands and shrinks. It'd certainly save some room in the van.

Probably not work on low pressure as a drain down hose particularly well either. Seeing it contract about ten foot in the video under mains pressure with the sprinkler on I can see it contracting back to it's original length whilst draining down. Can you imagine the scene as the hose contracts back into the hallway and pours black water all over Mrs Jones new cream shag pile.

Probably not work on low pressure as a drain down hose particularly well either. Seeing it contract about ten foot in the video under mains pressure with the sprinkler on I can see it contracting back to it's original length whilst draining down. Can you imagine the scene as the hose contracts back into the hallway and pours black water all over Mrs Jones new cream shag pile.
That's a very good point.

I once made the mistake of getting a lay flat hose to save room. I must have had my stupid head on that day, whatever made me think I could drain down through it, it wasn't even any good on mains pressure.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/flow%2526pressure/REGR09"]REGR09 - Drain-Down Hose Kit | Regin[/DLMURL]

T

Last edited by a moderator:
A flue gas analyser that doesnt freak after being left in the cold. Maybe an analyser onesie.

A lottery number predictor might be able to buy some new tools if I win the euromillions

Thought of a few today,

1. A tool to tell us where to drill through a joist so that it is straight
2. A clip that holds pipe up while soldering
3. A tool to stop movement on pipes whilst soldering
4. a tool to push pipes so that they dont pull out when soldering
5. some way of cleaning pipes when you take them apart so when you put a different fitting on it is easy to put back on.
6. an app with all the most important regulations on it, cutting joists etc
7. a toolbox that tells you when you are out of flux, glue, solder, wire wool etc
8. a gas bottle that tells you when you are down to 1/4 full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great big plumbers wish list thread. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock