Discuss Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The builder.
I believe the plumber designed the heating and hot water system as he is the most qualified person to do this - not 100% sure but it does not make sense for the builder to do it.

I said I wanted a boiler and a separate hot water cylinder due to the supply issue that I had with my combi. From my research I believe that combi-boilers are designed for flats rather than three/four storey houses. I said I wanted a Vaillant boiler as I hear they are one of the best.

He is aware and sticking by with what the plumber has said.

I have called Vaillant and they think it is to with the design of the pipework. They said that the fact that I am getting hot water means that the boiler is working.

It won't be a problem with the boiler, it will be either a very badly designed pipe layout or fault.

Either way, it's the builders responsibility to get it fixed if you're paying him and he's paying the plumber.

I've said it before, and I'll say it once more, get a decent plumber in to look at this!

I will do that. Could you recommend a decent plumber? Please PM me if you prefer not to post their details.
Thank you so much!

Give Mak a call on:

07899747777 his rates are £90 ph plus vat and I would expect him to find what's wrong in less time than it takes the kettle to boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock