Search the forum,

Discuss Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On any system of that size I would spec and quote for a secondary return as standard and would only agree to not fit it if the customer put it in writing to me that they don't want it. Its poor system design to not have it.

I always thought on the flow at tap might be part of the problem. Especially as new plumbing has been done or if it is a new kitchen tap. Could be debris in the tap airator, or check valve or isolating valve. Always check the simplest and most obvious thing first. I am sure the OP won't mind extra water flow from the tap to increase the speed of hot water delivery.

I agree with the above. Flow is obviously a big issue but a secondary hot water circuit would've been the simple choice

Probably a crappy tap... Normally great flow on the cold but the hot comes out like jet in the centre of the spout on the ones I fit...

Could be lots and lots of things so instead of surmising why doesn't a decent plumber offer to go and take a look and do a survey for the poster
They are in London anyone from that area

I'm sure we are all waiting with baited breath for an answer from a decent plumber. This has gone from a pamphlet sized endeavour, to a novel, on to a saga and it's about to hit epic, cast of thousands territory!

I can't wait to actually find out what is wrong.

LCV Did they dig up your front garden and lay a nice new blue pipe in the ground?????

+1 any update op?

I do hope we get an update. We've often disappointed by the lack of feedback considering the free input we give.

I do hope the OP has this sorted and I do hope she comes back to tell us the resolution.

The op got in a plumber to take a look and the new plumber checked the flow rate at kitchen was 10 litres a min
Way way bellow what should be for unvented
He didn't check the line strainer at combination valve or what the incoming mains was
But was given a quote for a secondary return to be put in
At £22k
So to say they are no more forward than last time
If it gets sorted I'll let everyone now

And if there is any real plumbers about London let me know

Didn't check the strainer or CV? Oh dear. £22k for a secondary return? Lord help us!

Poor woman! I think I'm going to have to pop over, just to put an end to this thread if nothing else.

Poor woman! I think I'm going to have to pop over, just to put an end to this thread if nothing else.

plenty of pics please :)

Yes they are having a tough time through no fault of there own
They just listened to advice given to them by so called professionals

Id like to see what this install looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock