Discuss Water Supply from Washing Machine Feed in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes it is standard practice. You can connect plastic pipe to any compression fitting as long as you use an insert and compress the olive enough.

When the pipe came out of the iso valve was the insert and olive left in the iso valve?
All a bit of blurr. I think the olive and insert were still on the pipe but not 100%. It could be that the insert was left in the iso. As I say all a bit of blurr given the panic at the time!

I used the insert with the blue o rings because I heard they were better than the standard plastic ones (John Guest Speed fit Super Seal)

Wrong insert you need the one without the blue oring

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/jg-speedfit-plastic-push-fit-pipe-inserts-15mm-10-pack/64318

As the depth isn’t enough for compression

I appreciate your interest in this issue. Yes, I just put a three inch length of copper into the iso and joined it to the plastic with Speedfit coupler. I feel so much more confident about it and so far no trace of a leak. I saw the idea of using copper on compression joints and then join to plastic on a You Tube discussion thread. The arrangement was labelled as "bomb proof". I was so traumatized by what happened, I liked the idea of "bomb proof".

Wrong insert you need the one without the blue oring

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/jg-speedfit-plastic-push-fit-pipe-inserts-15mm-10-pack/64318

As the depth isn’t enough for compression
Thanks, I wish I had known that at the time. Because they have the rubber O rings and they cost more, I assumed they would give a better seal so I used that one in the compression joint and the normal ones in the other joints.

Thanks, I wish I had known that at the time. Because they have the rubber O rings and they cost more, I assumed they would give a better seal so I used that one in the compression joint and the normal ones in the other joints.

There the super seal ones just for push fit fittings

Thanks Shaun, thats good to know. It would be helpful if the makers were to print that on the packaging.

When speedfit came out they one made that type (super seal) and they had a few claims through with compression popping off under pressure and then they brought the stnd inserts out but agree should be somewhere in big letters not for compression etc

Reply to Water Supply from Washing Machine Feed in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back