Search the forum,

Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: train 4 trade skills scam

never got it in writing it was the salesman that told me this

I recently enroled on T4TS an have found out that a certain amount of money should b paid before going to the 1st practical and then the ful course fee must b paid before doing all other practicals..im going to cancel my agreement.can any1 suggest a good course to go through as i have no time to go college and these are the only courses im able to do..

t4t skills

Hi there i am 2 months in to t4t skills domestic plumbing L2. Read good and bad comments about t4t skills on forum. I was then dissapointed to find out that i could not start the first week of practical training until i had paid the first 1300 pounds of cource fees my foult for not reading small print well enough.My qestion is does anyone know if you have to pay anymore fees before tou can do rest of practical.:confused:

Re: t4t skills

I never realised until i read small print you have to pay 1300 pounds before tou can sit the practical side of the course.I phoned up t4t skills and they said yes i would have to i explained that you promote the course so you can work at own pace,how can you work at your own pace if its going to take 13 months to pay the 1300 aftrerall this is the point of funding.I also asked if i would have to pay the rest of the course fees before i could sit rest of practical she said i wouldent.The reason i asked on forum if anyone knew about this is because this is not the first time they have twisted the truth and was looking for second appinion.

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

i joined the course in febuary of this year after a pushy salesman visited me,
after reading views from others i have now decided dont want to do the course, i have never started never even opened a book,
after being refused my money back even after finding a fault with the contract i am now appealing to anyone who has actually managed to cancel to tell me how they did it!
failing that i would like anyone in the same boat as me to come forth!! as being advised by a lawyer a group of unhappy customers would have more impact than just 1!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed right away in the text, you should've read the whole thing before signing anything.

I had to wait too, although i was sure it was only £1000, have heard of people going on 3rd and 4th week without having to have paid a set amount.
Looking forward to my second week, really enjoyed my first week. :D
The centres are in Featherstone and Southampton only, but they do give you up to 30 quid per day for digs, after you send them the receipts.

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

OK. Getting on with it now, turns out seeing has I have already sat and passed the City & Guilds 6022 and 6032 with Plumbing Skills I don't have to retake them with Train4Trades after all. Come on, who lied? :rolleyes:

All of Train4TradeSkills Domestic Plumbing & Heating, Section 1 Part A, modules 1-4 complete.

TMA 1 (Plumbing Induction) to 3 (Common Plumbing Processes)marked and passed (had to resubmit TMA2 (Health and Safety) but all now 100%) TMA 4 (Key Plumbing Principles) results pending.

Received online training codes after TMA2 and TMA3, did the Induction, took the Health & Safety test and passed all sections.
Section 2- PPE
Section 3- Safety signs
Section 5- Hazardous substances
Section 6- Working at heights
Section 7- Basic First-aid.

Scenario 2 Correctly identified the video sequences that represented both safe and unsafe situations. (What on earth was she thinking? carrying that heavy gas bottle in one hand by herself and holding the fire door open with a fire extinguisher......... Jeeeez!) :)

Passed Online module 3.
Section 2-Jointing Methods,
Section 3-Materials & Tools,
Section 4-The Soldering Process.
Questions 1-15 all answered correctly.

Scenario 3 Interactive Soldering - Took a couple attempts to get use to the online system timings for applying solder and then waiting enough time to remove excess solder with the wet rag but passed all parts:
Flux Application 1-4,
Part Assembly 5,
Applying Heat 6-7,
Applying Solder 8 -9.

Passed Online module 4.
Section 2- Bending - The Basics,
Section 3- 90 Degree Bends,
Section 4- Offset Bends,
Section 5- Kickover Bends,
Section 6- Passover Bends.
Questions 1-15 all answered correctly.

Scenario 4 Interactive Pipe Bending - Correctly identified steps 1-8 for bending copper tube, arranged video sequence in correct order.

Interactive 3D Simulation cd. Scenario 1 :-
i. Correctly identified the cause of the water leak from the CWSC overflow pipe and repaired the Ball valve.
ii. Completed full system check of cold water supply
iii. Identified faulty Stopcock and replaced it.
iv. entered completion code online and received activation code for senario 2.

Studying R D Treloar Plumbing and JTL Plumbing Text books, waiting for the results of TMA4 and the arrival of the next set of modules.

i joined the course in febuary of this year after a pushy salesman visited me,
after reading views from others i have now decided dont want to do the course, i have never started never even opened a book,
after being refused my money back even after finding a fault with the contract i am now appealing to anyone who has actually managed to cancel to tell me how they did it!
failing that i would like anyone in the same boat as me to come forth!! as being advised by a lawyer a group of unhappy customers would have more impact than just 1!!

Hi Kathryn

I got out the contract- did you receive the 2nd copy?

If not then contact the ombudsman :)

Training is a difficult one.

I took a lad on out of grimsby college, distinctions in everything, distinction in his practical. Great thought me!!!!

Not. Day one, gave him a bucket of scrap to sort out, and he couldnt adjust grips, then held the grips and spanner the wrong way around.....

I saw all his college paperwork too.

TMA 4 (Key Plumbing Principles) now marked and passed 100%

Train4TradeSkills Domestic Plumbing & Heating, Section 1 Part b
Modules 5, 6 and 7 have now arrived along with a new TMA cd.

Module 5 - Cold Water Systems.
Module 6 - Domestic Hot Water Systems.
Module 7 - Cold & Hot Water Systems and Components.

Can't wait to get stuck in

Module 5 - Cold Water Systems completed.
TMA 5 submitted last week and returned marked today with new access code for the next assignment -
Module 6 - Domestic Hot Water Systems.

Downloaded Domestic Heating revision software from learnatrade.co.uk at the weekend, already had the Plumbing Revision software from last year.

HI all

im in the same boat as you same people same sales pitch and same amount for the course.

iv done a little training but after time it becomes more fustratung than its worth.

i believe you have several modules to complete at the end of each section, i did these but after getting the awnsers back i noticed that information in the actual book was incorrect and at times conflicted with what it had said at the begining of a chapter, i tried to speak to the tutors but no luck i got a e-mail reply saying some of the information in the book was incorrect at time of priniting and new info was on the web site. (pay £110 a month for wrong information)
long story short i had a look at the T&C's of the credit agreement and it states if they default on service or in goods they provied we are able to cancel the credit agreement and claim our money back as well as sue T4T's

as we will be dealing with the credit company and not the training company (two diffrent companys) this is the only way i feel we can get out of this. let me know what you think. ( i joined t4t sep last year )

a lot of plumbing companies ar going out of business at the moment,there is no shortage of fully trained and experienced plumbers ,but there is a glut of half trained plumbers all certificates and no experience.those companies who are takeing on plumbers can pick and chose who they employ.most look for at least four years post training experience.this is because it is so cut throat now they can not afford to take on people whom they will have to continue to train,they need people who can do the job fully ,and are not constantly needing advice on how to do the job.some of the training companies are now also going out of buisiness.i would like to know how many of the plumbers trained by these companies actualy find work after training.good training is worth every penny you spend on it, but when you see the claims of these companies 100% pass rate gaureteed you have to wonder how this is acheived,and at what cost to standerds.you can not train a plumber in 2/6/12/25 weeks ,plumbing companies know this that is why they look for post training experience.

funny you mention that i was offered a 100% garuntee but not that ill pass first time just that i could keep retaking the exams until i do pass.

i havnt carried it on at the moment as im sure a lot of people have also lost intrest and confidence in the course.

when i signed up the person also claimed the training was backed buy the goverment and it was the goverment that was pushing the training of plumbers because of the forseen shortage that may occur in the future.
if the claims they make are true surley the goverment should bail us out of this mess and if the claims are false then the training companys have faulted in what we have signed up for ? (would this allow us to get out the contract with the credit company)

to answer the question above the training companys dont encourage you to join a company after the course they tend to stear you in the other direction and blind you by the prospect of makeing 40 to 50k a year by opening your own company. (self employed)

so at the end of the day if you fail to make money they would simply say you arnt working hard enough, i think this whole thing would lead to the increase of rougue traders takeing short cuts to make a better profit.

before anyone signs up to any course T4T's plumbing ask your self a simple question,

have i or my family ever needed to call out a plumber ?
most of you will have the same answer as me and im 26

NO ! so in 26 years i have never needed or my family (Mum and Dad) needed a plumber. (so if i dont know anyone that would need a professional plumber to do work where is all this work coming from ?)

i went to see a lawyer the lawyer sent them a letter stating i had been missold the course and that i would be canceling my standing order and that he would defend any warning letters i recieved from the credit company .within 2 weeks my lawyer recieved a letter from t4ts stating the course has now been canceled and no further payments are due .it cost me £92 for the lawyer

i went to see a lawyer the lawyer sent them a letter stating i had been missold the course and that i would be canceling my standing order and that he would defend any warning letters i recieved from the credit company .within 2 weeks my lawyer recieved a letter from t4ts stating the course has now been canceled and no further payments are due .it cost me £92 for the lawyer

hi davius74

well done mate, im going to try and do the same thing, if i could pick your brain about how you stated the case could you give me your contact details and ill call you.

how did they miss sell the course ? (wrong information supplied in books, false promise of work after course, was there a training center in your area etc.. )
im not able to use the third reason as there is a training center in my area.

anyinfo would be great.
like you said lawyer might cost £100 but im paying that anyway a month for a course im not using

Hi again

just spoken to a lawyer over the phone, he sugested i should pick up a small claims leaflet from the court and go see citizens advice about canceling the course. oh he said i should call or write to the people i took the credit out with and see if they willing to cancel the payments im makeing. ?

guess i have to jump through all the hoops first, did you have to do all this davius74 ?

will call credit people tomorrow and book apointment with citizens advice to see what happens

look at it this way as time goes on we will need more plumbers ,so if you can get good cost efective training it will stand you in good stead in the future,so your best bet is to find local plumber to help and learn from. go to night school ,if your keen enougth you will get there and this way gives you time to learn at a measured pace

I have just completed the theory part of this coarse and was contacted about the hands training, which when i signed up was at a training centre in Luton, local to me. Now, after being fobbed off for 10 months that the centre is waiting for certification, I am now being told that training will be in Southampton or Leeds.

t4ts offer an amount to help with expenses, but you have to pay out of your own pocket first and wait for them to process recites.

t4ts small print.......10. Practical training will take place at a venue of our choice.

What this doesn't say is that it may involve overnight stays and costs that may have to be paid out of your own pocket.

What a waste of all my time and money.

Malhi, after speaking and working to several tradespeople in the field, I reckon that if it's something you want to persue it's definitly worth going back to college. There aren't as many fees and most employer's see courses like t4ts not as valued as college study.
I too thought I couldn't of gone back to college because of work, bills etc, but now I'll be starting an nvq on a low wage as well as working to cover my course fees and bills, should of gone back to college would have been much cheaper!!!!

I stumbled across this forum when trying to get information about train4Trades I myself am in the same boat trying to cancel a mis-sold course and not getting very far and getting letters from the finance company.I was told about the shortage of skilled tradesmen and was sucked in. I signed up for an electricians course and all I get is feedback letters about plumbing which I thought was odd then I saw they do computer courses,book keeping the list goes on. has anyone had any luck with cancelling the course?

Please be careful when dealing with these companies that offer high paid jobs at the end. I was curious to find out how these companies went about there business and managed to convince people that spending £4,5,6 + thousands would be worth it. So I made a telephone call to a local company showing an interest in a plumbing course and stated that I was unhappy in my job and looking to retrain.

Initially I asked for details of the costs but no-one would tell me this over the phone and said that a course adviser (they don't like the word sales person) would contact me. I was contacted on many occasions until I agreed to an appointment.

When the 'course advisor' called to confirm the appointment he insisted that both myself and my partner were present on the day. Warning bells - finance agreement talks are due I thought.

Just before the meeting I set up a tape recorder and hi the microphone under the sofa. Now how did the meeting go? Hard Sell, Hard Sell, Hard Sell - that's how.

Like I said I stated that I was unhappy in my job working in a factory on shifts and was thinking of retraining. I was told about the plumbing course and the fact that there was a high shortage of plumbers and that I would be earning £80,000 a year. I was told that it would be a City & Guilds Qualification but the sales rep was unable to give me a qualification number - 6217, 6129 ?????

When I said I wasn't sure due to the cost of the course I was met with the following comments:
What are you going to do? Stay in your dead end job for the rest of your life wishing you had made a change?
Doctors finish their training £15,000 in debt and they don't earn what I will earn in my first year.

All in all they are bad news. I spoke with someone last week who was paying £3000 for a training course that resulted in a OCN qual (which OCN are still trying to locate the qualification information for me) and a Water Regs certificate - average cost of this is £165. Be careful of companies who offer interest free credit as they are carrot dangling. Or saying that you have to pass aptitude tests first and then surprise you are lucky and have been accepted and now here is the cost...

Now there may be some decent distance learning courses out there but check, check, check first. Arrange to visit the centre and talk with students on a one to one basis. Turn up at the centre unannounced to look around. Read and re-read the contract. Check the qualifications exist with the awarding body - eg, you can view all C&G quals on their website.

Good Luck to everyone.

Don't let me put you off - A good friend of mine was unhappy working shifts at a local factory and he has retrained and is now gas safe registered - He went to college in the evening for two years and gained work experience on a weekend but the time did go quickly looking back and it is worth it because he is now very happy in his new work. And that is coming from me and I own a training centre - but I do not state that you will be a qualified trades person - see my FAQ's, but will have basic skills from which to develop and progress from.

Module 6 Domestic Hot Water Systems
TMA 6
Question 04: Where should a service valve be located in order to isolate the hot supply from the hot water storage vessel to the taps?
A Primary return
B Primary flow
C Cold feed
D Open vent

The correct answer is Cold feed (C).

I beg to differ. E Hot water feed is the true answer.

Answers A and B both refer to the primary system, to and from the boiler possibly via a pump and radiators, the dwellings heating system and are totally the wrong answers.

Answer C Cold Feed - The name alone should give you a clue. The vagueness of the question and the choice of answers, it would seem to me are designed to trip you up.

…. in order to isolate the hot supply from the hot water storage vessel to the taps? ‘

Cold feed could refer to the Rising Main in a direct/indirect system or, Cold feed from the CWSC to the cold water supply taps (recommended for properties in areas of low mains pressure). In this case, I read and understand it to mean the supply pipe from the CWSC in the loft to the HWSC usually located in an airing cupboard.

THIS COLD FEED is and should be fitted with a Full Bore/Full Way Gate Valve to isolate the cold feed to the HWSC. Nowhere need a hot tap outlet.

I do not believe this was one of the options in the A to D answers.

Unless you fit a temporary end cap blocking off the expansion pipe as it enters the CWSC, thus making the hot water system air tight, you could not isolate the hot water supply to the taps.

……. You would have to fit service valves to the hot water supply pipe, feeding hot water to each hot water outlet/TAPS in order to isolate it.

Answer D Open vent. The other end of the hot water supply pipe
IS THE EXPANSION/OPEN VENT PIPE. Yet I know never to fit anything that could prevent expansion of hot water in the HWSC, it's DANGEROUS risk of EXPLOSION.

As the hot water supply exits the HWSC from the top via 22mm pipe, closely followed by a 90 degree elbow top prevent one pipe Convection circulation and heat loss, it is then fed to a 22mm Tee via 22mm pipe. The section above the Tee is for expansion and the section below the Tee is the hot water supply feed to the various outlets/taps.

I think an update to Module 6 question 4 is required.

i am currently on the train 4 trade skills course and i have no problems! no interest loan and it costs £35 per week to pay back and they are very helpful! you learn at your own pace and all costs towards practical assessments are covered for example if the training centre is away from your house the travel and accomodation is covered! no probs people just need to realise there are other ways of learning than goin to college and losing money! this way you can still earn and learn! end off !!!!!

Hi truemanufan I am also training with T4TS and im wondering who you spoke to about getting the costs of travel and accomodation covered. I live in Sheffield and will be going to the centre in Featherstone by public transport, I have spoken to ATL but they said that they do not provide any help with funding so im wondering where you heard it and would appreciate it if you could put me in the right direction. Thanks from andy

Train 4 trade skills are a company i cannot fault.To all you who are thinking of joining the trade,this is no fast track course.its a legit course for those who have mortgages to pay and families to look after.

Once qualified,its the starting point to a sucesfull career.

Hi, I'm new to these forums, but I had a visit from a person from Train 4 Trade skills to my house today, for what I was told over the phone yesterday, would be a preliminary visit to just be given information about the course and the work involved. Whilst I did get all of this information, I was also heavily pressurised into signing up for the course there and then and paying the £100 admin/registration fee straight away, without being given the chance to think about it for a little while and assess my finances (I am currently unemployed). My mum was also sitting in on this meeting with me, and also felt that this tactic was unacceptable, and when I asked if I could have time to think about whether or not to sign up, I was basically told no and that my place would be offered to someone else. A heated discussion ensued between the T4TS representative and my mum, and I left the room to go into the garden as I felt I was being severely belittled and bullied by the T4TS rep. 5 minutes later my mum came out to me in the garden and told me that the T4TS rep had said that plumbing would be my only opportunity to make a career for myself and if I didn't sign up for it I'd never make anything of my life, amongst various other personal insults, to which I told my mum to get rid of him as I wouldn't stand for anyone being that rude about me, especially to my parents, in my house.

Since this visit, we've done research about the company, and found out that they've been reported to Watchdog for their tactics and about their finance agreements, and there was a government petition set up to put them out of business regarding their bullying tactics. Having seen other forums, it is also clear that despite the promise of a lucrative career and world recognised qualifications once the course has finished, very few plumbing companies will recognise them and generally won't touch anyone who achieved their certification through this company.

So anyone thinking of doing any of their courses, please avoid them.

Beth you probably had a bad sales rep, some scum bag desperate too make commision but they are just that sales reps
Years ago a mate of mine worked for a utilities company, knocking doors trying to get new customers to save money on their fuel bills
By tranferring their bills to direct debit with his company. He spent weeks trying to
learn scripts to be able to do the job properly and legally. Aparently, one of the guys he worked got sacked for using his own illegal script.
The dirty bleeder use to knock on the door, tell the owners he was there to read the meter so he could get inside the house, fill out the paper work
and con people into supplying their bank details and signing them over . He lied to obtain money via procuneary messures which is a criminal offence, his actions
didn't do my mate any favours either as he said people started to distrust knocking doors providing legal info and he ended up leaving that job when he stopped making good money.

T4TS provide quality course work to follow and as far as I know provide the only 3D interactive training scenario discs to help
with applying the knowledge you learn in a safe environment.

ATL that do the training are legit. They are accredited with all the relevant organisation, City &Guilds, CORGI, Gas Safe,
WRAS, Bpec, CITB, and regularly train gas and heating engineers, plumbers and electricians. They run full time course,part time courses (day release) and in partnership with T4TS BLENDED LEARNING home study course.
I even found out resently that the are also working with the Princes Trust providing training for kids that didn't do too well at school.

My advice report the rep, he probably came a long way to visit you and didn't want to lose a commision so they resorted to ****ty tactics.
The course is a lot of money your gonna need to be working to do it but it is a genuine blended learning course and not a FAST TRACK course to be avoided

im having all the same problems that have been mentioned here but with the skills centre, or aspire training solutions or ATL (the company gets a bad name and then carries on with another one ive heard) has anybody had similar experiences with the skills centre? the con is the same. ive been disputing it to both the skills centre and the finance company (barclays partner finance) and none of them seem willing to help me. so ive cancelled my direct debit and basically told them to do their worst. any information would be a great help though.. thanks

Please keep feedback constructive.

Originally Posted by Beth

Hi, I'm new to these forums,...............

HOW AND WHY DID YOU FIND THIS PARTICULAR FORUM?
IS THIS A GENUINE ENTRY AND A TRUE ACCOUNT OF EVENTS OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO PUT THE FRIGHTENER ON T4TS + Apprenticeship Training Limited STUDENTS, FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSE REASONS? (rival course student, collage apprentice, old school plumbing & heating engineer)

........I was also heavily pressurised into signing up for the course there and then and paying the £100 admin/registration fee straight away, without being given the chance to think about it for a little while and assess my finances (I am currently unemployed).

THAT £100 ADMIN FEE WAS PROBABLY THE REPS COMMISION. SO DID YOU PAY IT OR NOT? IT'S UNCLEAR.

.........I was basically told no and that my place would be offered to someone else.

VERY POOR SALES TACTIC I AGGREE AND I BELIEVE A TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENT.
AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO THE NUMBER OF COURSE PLACES; WHAT IS IT, STANDING ROOM ONLY FOR PLUMBING STUDENTS IN THE UK?

.......5 minutes later my mum came out to me in the garden and told me that the T4TS rep had said that plumbing would be my only opportunity to make a career for myself and if I didn't sign up for it I'd never make anything of my life, amongst various other personal insults,

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

YOU DON'T SAY WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OR 16 TO 24, IN WHICH CASE YOU COULD STILL MAKE A CAREER FOR YOURSELF BY STUDYING PLUMBING AT YOUR LOCAL COLLAGE. YOUR GONNA NEED ENOUGH GCSE's TO EVEN GET ON THE COURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE THOUGH, AND BESIDES THE ONE DAY A WEEK TRAINING YOU WILL GET (during term times, closed for half terms, summer, easter, etc) YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A LOW PAID JOB WITH A PLUMBING COMPANY FOR ON THE JOB TRAINING, IF THEY ARE TAKING ANY APPRENTICES ON.

Since this visit, we've done research about the company, and found out that they've been reported to Watchdog for their tactics and about their finance agreements, and there was a government petition set up to put them out of business regarding their bullying tactics.

CAN I SEE THE RESULTS OF YOUR RESEARCH?

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFO FROM, ON HERE FROM ANY NUMBER OF THE OTHER SCARE MONGERS? PEOPLE LIE YOU KNOW.

I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT WAS SKILLSTRAIN SELLING OUT OF DATE I.T. COURSES THAT WAS BEEING INVESTIGATED BY WATCHDOG.

I SAW THE REPORT ABOUT Mr. Jan Telensky THE CZECH FOUNDER OF THE HOME STUDY COURSES IN MICROSOFT OFFICE, WEB MASTERS ETC. HOW HE WENT FROM SLEEP ON THE STREETS, TO BEING PHOTOGRAPHED OUTSIDE NUMBER 10 DOWNING STREET SHAKING HANDS WITH THE PRIME MINISTER, TO FLOGGING DODGY HOME STUDY I.T. COURSE, THAT CLAIMED TO BE ACCREDITED BY CISCO SYSTEM AND MICROSOFT AND TURNED OUT TO BE OUT OF DATE.

[DLMURL="http://www.1888pressrelease.com/skillstrain-boss-joins-british-pm-in-honouring-kids-pr-11k274olk.html"]SkillsTrain Boss Joins British Pm In Honouring Kids by Skillstrain/mary Stuart-miller[/DLMURL]

Originally Posted by Beth

Hi, I'm new to these forums,...............

HOW AND WHY DID YOU FIND THIS PARTICULAR FORUM?
IS THIS A GENUINE ENTRY AND A TRUE ACCOUNT OF EVENTS OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO PUT THE FRIGHTENER ON T4TS + Apprenticeship Training Limited STUDENTS, FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSE REASONS? (rival course student, collage apprentice, old school plumbing & heating engineer)

........I was also heavily pressurised into signing up for the course there and then and paying the £100 admin/registration fee straight away, without being given the chance to think about it for a little while and assess my finances (I am currently unemployed).

THAT £100 ADMIN FEE WAS PROBABLY THE REPS COMMISION. SO DID YOU PAY IT OR NOT? IT'S UNCLEAR.

.........I was basically told no and that my place would be offered to someone else.

VERY POOR SALES TACTIC I AGGREE AND I BELIEVE A TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENT.
AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO THE NUMBER OF COURSE PLACES; WHAT IS IT, STANDING ROOM ONLY FOR PLUMBING STUDENTS IN THE UK?

.......5 minutes later my mum came out to me in the garden and told me that the T4TS rep had said that plumbing would be my only opportunity to make a career for myself and if I didn't sign up for it I'd never make anything of my life, amongst various other personal insults,

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

YOU DON'T SAY WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OR 16 TO 24, IN WHICH CASE YOU COULD STILL MAKE A CAREER FOR YOURSELF BY STUDYING PLUMBING AT YOUR LOCAL COLLAGE. YOUR GONNA NEED ENOUGH GCSE's TO EVEN GET ON THE COURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE THOUGH, AND BESIDES THE ONE DAY A WEEK TRAINING YOU WILL GET (during term times, closed for half terms, summer, easter, etc) YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A LOW PAID JOB WITH A PLUMBING COMPANY FOR ON THE JOB TRAINING, IF THEY ARE TAKING ANY APPRENTICES ON.

Since this visit, we've done research about the company, and found out that they've been reported to Watchdog for their tactics and about their finance agreements, and there was a government petition set up to put them out of business regarding their bullying tactics.

CAN I SEE THE RESULTS OF YOUR RESEARCH?

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFO FROM, ON HERE FROM ANY NUMBER OF THE OTHER SCARE MONGERS? PEOPLE LIE YOU KNOW.

I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT WAS SKILLSTRAIN SELLING OUT OF DATE I.T. COURSES THAT WAS BEEING INVESTIGATED BY WATCHDOG.

I SAW THE REPORT ABOUT Mr. Jan Telensky THE CZECH FOUNDER OF THE HOME STUDY COURSES IN MICROSOFT OFFICE, WEB MASTERS ETC. HOW HE WENT FROM SLEEP ON THE STREETS, TO BEING PHOTOGRAPHED OUTSIDE NUMBER 10 DOWNING STREET SHAKING HANDS WITH THE PRIME MINISTER, TO FLOGGING DODGY HOME STUDY I.T. COURSE, THAT CLAIMED TO BE ACCREDITED BY CISCO SYSTEM AND MICROSOFT AND TURNED OUT TO BE OUT OF DATE.

[DLMURL="http://www.1888pressrelease.com/skillstrain-boss-joins-british-pm-in-honouring-kids-pr-11k274olk.html"]SkillsTrain Boss Joins British Pm In Honouring Kids by Skillstrain/mary Stuart-miller[/DLMURL]

to answer your questions:

I found this forum on google, it came up in a search about T4TS. this is a genuine entry, i have nothing to gain from "trying to put the frightener" on T4TS or anyone connected to it, I just don't want other people to experience the same bullying and rudeness from them as i did.

i didn't pay the £100 fee no, i refused to. i never sign for, or pay for anything without reading into the terms and conditions first, or being given a chance to weigh up my options and think about things, an option which T4TS didn't seem to like very much.

I'm nearly 26, and am exploring other avenues into becoming a plumber, but T4TS and other courses like it are being given a very wide berth from now on.

If you google Train 4 Trade Skills and search the results you will see everything I found, some of the results of my search can even be found on this forum. I am aware that people lie on the internet, however going on my personal experience of the company, it doesn't entirely surprise me that other people have also experienced problems and bullying tactics from this company. there is a difference between "Hard Sell" tactics, and bullying and downright rudeness, which is what I experienced.

I dont know what to say ?

i recentley put a post up asking people to coment on the plumbing trade,
if we as a colective can disprove the statments the training companys make we can then get out of our contracts and cancel our courses, this would mean not having to pay the monthly £110 but it dosnt mean we can get our money back which we have paid already.

so the things we have to prove are

• 30 000 to 70 000 job prospects
  • promise of plumbing trade growth
  • certificates which are recognised by employers or the trade
i think you guys get the picture, most of these points iv found out above but i still cant disprove that the trade is shrinking instead of growing.
my post has had about 120 views and only 6 replys looks like the plumbing comunity dosnt want to tell us exactly what happening.

have a look at the thread and write a coment and if you know of people that have finished courses and cant get work get them to write a coment and what their experiance has been like while doing the course and if they got work after the course.

we going to need a lot of people and a lot of replys before we can take this further and win our money back and the only way to do it is to stick together.

this is the thread.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/5792-plumbing-trade-slowing-down-growing.html

let me know what you think

T4TS, have I made the biggest mistake ever???

Hi everyone,
My name is Peter, I was stuck in a dull 9-5 job with no career prospects when I recieved a phone call in regards to T4TS training. Literally after showing an interest a salesman called the next day!
He made the training programme sound so brilliant, so I signed up...

Now, after completing the training, set to commence my first practical training, I recieve a letter from T4TS stating that I cannot start my training till I have paid £1000 off the course... this will not be for another 5 months, considering the saleman said that I could be earning a plumbers wage within 10 months I am obviously somewhat dis-heartened.

Then I started to think of all the false information I was fed just so as he could recieve his commission, I understand everyone has to earn a wage but I have been ripped off I think...

How can I break free from this company and the £3500 loan contract tied within it???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: T4TS, have I made the biggest mistake ever???

i am afraid you are not the first and think you will find this is a very airtight contract
as the loan i believe is not actually with them so unless you have access to a free legal advisor you are between a rock and a hard place
sorry cant offer you any more than that

Re: T4TS, have I made the biggest mistake ever???

welcome to the forum

its a fact to what newbie says.

youve been caught in the ofside trap of these salesmen.

they are well versed and you could waste your time trying to get out of it.
my b-in law signed with them and managed to get out of the contract, but he did so by declaring bancrupcy?.

the best thing to do is to follow it through all the way, at least you will get what you pay for as it is not a bad centre to train at.

curiocity, what did the rep tell you is a plumbers wage?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock