Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: train4 trade skills new starter

Originally Posted by Beth

Hi, I'm new to these forums,...............

HOW AND WHY DID YOU FIND THIS PARTICULAR FORUM?
IS THIS A GENUINE ENTRY AND A TRUE ACCOUNT OF EVENTS OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO PUT THE FRIGHTENER ON T4TS + Apprenticeship Training Limited STUDENTS, FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSE REASONS? (rival course student, collage apprentice, old school plumbing & heating engineer)

........I was also heavily pressurised into signing up for the course there and then and paying the £100 admin/registration fee straight away, without being given the chance to think about it for a little while and assess my finances (I am currently unemployed).

THAT £100 ADMIN FEE WAS PROBABLY THE REPS COMMISION. SO DID YOU PAY IT OR NOT? IT'S UNCLEAR.

.........I was basically told no and that my place would be offered to someone else.

VERY POOR SALES TACTIC I AGGREE AND I BELIEVE A TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENT.
AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO THE NUMBER OF COURSE PLACES; WHAT IS IT, STANDING ROOM ONLY FOR PLUMBING STUDENTS IN THE UK?

.......5 minutes later my mum came out to me in the garden and told me that the T4TS rep had said that plumbing would be my only opportunity to make a career for myself and if I didn't sign up for it I'd never make anything of my life, amongst various other personal insults,

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

YOU DON'T SAY WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OR 16 TO 24, IN WHICH CASE YOU COULD STILL MAKE A CAREER FOR YOURSELF BY STUDYING PLUMBING AT YOUR LOCAL COLLAGE. YOUR GONNA NEED ENOUGH GCSE's TO EVEN GET ON THE COURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE THOUGH, AND BESIDES THE ONE DAY A WEEK TRAINING YOU WILL GET (during term times, closed for half terms, summer, easter, etc) YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A LOW PAID JOB WITH A PLUMBING COMPANY FOR ON THE JOB TRAINING, IF THEY ARE TAKING ANY APPRENTICES ON.

Since this visit, we've done research about the company, and found out that they've been reported to Watchdog for their tactics and about their finance agreements, and there was a government petition set up to put them out of business regarding their bullying tactics.

CAN I SEE THE RESULTS OF YOUR RESEARCH?

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFO FROM, ON HERE FROM ANY NUMBER OF THE OTHER SCARE MONGERS? PEOPLE LIE YOU KNOW.

I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT WAS SKILLSTRAIN SELLING OUT OF DATE I.T. COURSES THAT WAS BEEING INVESTIGATED BY WATCHDOG.

I SAW THE REPORT ABOUT Mr. Jan Telensky THE CZECH FOUNDER OF THE HOME STUDY COURSES IN MICROSOFT OFFICE, WEB MASTERS ETC. HOW HE WENT FROM SLEEP ON THE STREETS, TO BEING PHOTOGRAPHED OUTSIDE NUMBER 10 DOWNING STREET SHAKING HANDS WITH THE PRIME MINISTER, TO FLOGGING DODGY HOME STUDY I.T. COURSE, THAT CLAIMED TO BE ACCREDITED BY CISCO SYSTEM AND MICROSOFT AND TURNED OUT TO BE OUT OF DATE.

[DLMURL="http://www.1888pressrelease.com/skillstrain-boss-joins-british-pm-in-honouring-kids-pr-11k274olk.html"]SkillsTrain Boss Joins British Pm In Honouring Kids by Skillstrain/mary Stuart-miller[/DLMURL]

to answer your questions:

I found this forum on google, it came up in a search about T4TS. this is a genuine entry, i have nothing to gain from "trying to put the frightener" on T4TS or anyone connected to it, I just don't want other people to experience the same bullying and rudeness from them as i did.

i didn't pay the £100 fee no, i refused to. i never sign for, or pay for anything without reading into the terms and conditions first, or being given a chance to weigh up my options and think about things, an option which T4TS didn't seem to like very much.

I'm nearly 26, and am exploring other avenues into becoming a plumber, but T4TS and other courses like it are being given a very wide berth from now on.

If you google Train 4 Trade Skills and search the results you will see everything I found, some of the results of my search can even be found on this forum. I am aware that people lie on the internet, however going on my personal experience of the company, it doesn't entirely surprise me that other people have also experienced problems and bullying tactics from this company. there is a difference between "Hard Sell" tactics, and bullying and downright rudeness, which is what I experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: train 4 trade skills scam

I dont know what to say ?

i recentley put a post up asking people to coment on the plumbing trade,
if we as a colective can disprove the statments the training companys make we can then get out of our contracts and cancel our courses, this would mean not having to pay the monthly £110 but it dosnt mean we can get our money back which we have paid already.

so the things we have to prove are

• 30 000 to 70 000 job prospects
  • promise of plumbing trade growth
  • certificates which are recognised by employers or the trade
i think you guys get the picture, most of these points iv found out above but i still cant disprove that the trade is shrinking instead of growing.
my post has had about 120 views and only 6 replys looks like the plumbing comunity dosnt want to tell us exactly what happening.

have a look at the thread and write a coment and if you know of people that have finished courses and cant get work get them to write a coment and what their experiance has been like while doing the course and if they got work after the course.

we going to need a lot of people and a lot of replys before we can take this further and win our money back and the only way to do it is to stick together.

this is the thread.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/5792-plumbing-trade-slowing-down-growing.html

let me know what you think

T4TS, have I made the biggest mistake ever???

Hi everyone,
My name is Peter, I was stuck in a dull 9-5 job with no career prospects when I recieved a phone call in regards to T4TS training. Literally after showing an interest a salesman called the next day!
He made the training programme sound so brilliant, so I signed up...

Now, after completing the training, set to commence my first practical training, I recieve a letter from T4TS stating that I cannot start my training till I have paid £1000 off the course... this will not be for another 5 months, considering the saleman said that I could be earning a plumbers wage within 10 months I am obviously somewhat dis-heartened.

Then I started to think of all the false information I was fed just so as he could recieve his commission, I understand everyone has to earn a wage but I have been ripped off I think...

How can I break free from this company and the £3500 loan contract tied within it???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: T4TS, have I made the biggest mistake ever???

i am afraid you are not the first and think you will find this is a very airtight contract
as the loan i believe is not actually with them so unless you have access to a free legal advisor you are between a rock and a hard place
sorry cant offer you any more than that

welcome to the forum

its a fact to what newbie says.

youve been caught in the ofside trap of these salesmen.

they are well versed and you could waste your time trying to get out of it.
my b-in law signed with them and managed to get out of the contract, but he did so by declaring bancrupcy?.

the best thing to do is to follow it through all the way, at least you will get what you pay for as it is not a bad centre to train at.

curiocity, what did the rep tell you is a plumbers wage?.

Im enjoying it so far, but im sticking through until the end, it'll take a few years to get through by most people, but training at centre is quality.

im doing the t4ts at the moment,getting time to do the practicals is my problem.Been on the course for a year but only managed the first two weeks at featherstone..Will be april before i can do the next fortnight.looking forward to it,heating and part p electrical..Got my water regs card, but it doesnt seem much for one years study..but at least i have a job and can complete the course no matter how long it lasts...

hi all, my other half signed up for t4ts in oct 08.
I'm a bit concered that we are paying £5770 for a plumbing course (£135 per month over 42mnths) and others have said they are paying in the region of £3000-£4000.
are there different types of plumbing course?
Anyway after paying for a year we stopped our direct debt yesterday as we also feel we were pushed into this course. the course advisor (salesman) turned up we were just expecting a bit of advise but we were not in anyway prepared for the hard sales pitch we got.
We are a young family with two small children we dont have alot of money.
This salesman started saying how our lives would be like this forever and this was our final chance to do something to make life easier. HE ASKED US TO CONVINCE HIM WE WERE SUITABLE FOR OUR PLACE ON THE Course, and that Places were limited and if we didnt take this place he would offer it to someone else. It felt like he was not going to leave unless we signed up.
Anyway we believed him like you do in the moment and also for the next few weeks as he got us hyped up for it.
A year on and the course is not anything like he promised. All the things others have said about. Books being wrong, training centres to far away.
needless to say we never heard from him or t4ts again.

I contacted a soliciter who advised us to contact the office of fair trading as they do take an interest in complaints about distance learning.
He also said to join forces with others who feel the same and involvment from oft may help in negotiations to try and end the contract.
also watchdog has featured t4ts for similar reasons.

so anyone who wants to join forces and send letters or emails of complaint to oft about how they have been mislead or pressured into these courses this would be a great help to me and each of us who feel the same. thanks

HE ASKED US TO CONVINCE HIM WE WERE SUITABLE FOR OUR PLACE ON THE Course, and that Places were limited and if we didnt take this place he would offer it to someone else. It felt like he was not going to leave unless we signed up.

Sounds typical, I had the exact same when i enquired about a comperteach couse, All he wanted was his commision. He insisted we paid £300 there and then and was even demanding he drove us to a cash machine. he said we dont take everyone on and made it feel like an interview. Reverse phsycology i think. Anyway i told him straight not a chance!!

Im currently at college now doing plumbing and heating 6129 city and guilds , It cost me £700 .

I could of got it for £135 if i had no other qualifications under the goverments new train to gain. Because i already had an nvq i had to pay the full rate.

I was on the college waiting list for 3 and a half years though.Im still on another waiting list.

The fact of the matter is plumbing is nothing like what we all expect when we first get involved from what i have now learnt.

Its a hard trade to get into. You will never walk into work after completeing your course and you will be lucky to earn £65,000 after the first 4 years let alone the first year.

Re: train 4 trade skills scam

I dont know what to say ?

i recentley put a post up asking people to coment on the plumbing trade,
if we as a colective can disprove the statments the training companys make we can then get out of our contracts and cancel our courses, this would mean not having to pay the monthly £110 but it dosnt mean we can get our money back which we have paid already.

so the things we have to prove are

• 30 000 to 70 000 job prospects
  • promise of plumbing trade growth
  • certificates which are recognised by employers or the trade
i think you guys get the picture, most of these points iv found out above but i still cant disprove that the trade is shrinking instead of growing.
my post has had about 120 views and only 6 replys looks like the plumbing comunity dosnt want to tell us exactly what happening.

have a look at the thread and write a coment and if you know of people that have finished courses and cant get work get them to write a coment and what their experiance has been like while doing the course and if they got work after the course.

we going to need a lot of people and a lot of replys before we can take this further and win our money back and the only way to do it is to stick together.

this is the thread.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/5792-plumbing-trade-slowing-down-growing.html

let me know what you think

No thanks, I'm more than happy to complete the the course I am paying for. Otherwise what would be the point?
Would you buy a new car and leave it on your drive way, never driving it because someone told you it was a ****e model?
Would you go for a meal at that new asian place, order your meal then leave when it arrives, having paid for it on the way out without touching it because you were affraid it may include dog, snake, Rat or something else you wouldn't want to try?
Would you buy a new carpet then leave it rolled up on the stairs for two years because you can't be ar*ed to fit the underlay and gripper?

ATL training is the dogs watsits and the course work sent by T4TS is up to date and the same as that for part time, full time, college , apprentice and day release.
C&G 6129 Tech Cert in Plumbing level 2 and level 3 NVQ level 2 and level 3. Unvented hot water Cert Bpec WRAS water regulations and a CSCS card. Now if after all that you still can't find a plumbing firm to employ you go self employed and get some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock