Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

Training is a difficult one.

I took a lad on out of grimsby college, distinctions in everything, distinction in his practical. Great thought me!!!!

Not. Day one, gave him a bucket of scrap to sort out, and he couldnt adjust grips, then held the grips and spanner the wrong way around.....

I saw all his college paperwork too.

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

TMA 4 (Key Plumbing Principles) now marked and passed 100%

Train4TradeSkills Domestic Plumbing & Heating, Section 1 Part b
Modules 5, 6 and 7 have now arrived along with a new TMA cd.

Module 5 - Cold Water Systems.
Module 6 - Domestic Hot Water Systems.
Module 7 - Cold & Hot Water Systems and Components.

Can't wait to get stuck in

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: train4 trade skills new starter

Module 5 - Cold Water Systems completed.
TMA 5 submitted last week and returned marked today with new access code for the next assignment -
Module 6 - Domestic Hot Water Systems.

Downloaded Domestic Heating revision software from learnatrade.co.uk at the weekend, already had the Plumbing Revision software from last year.

Re: train 4 trade skills scam

HI all

im in the same boat as you same people same sales pitch and same amount for the course.

iv done a little training but after time it becomes more fustratung than its worth.

i believe you have several modules to complete at the end of each section, i did these but after getting the awnsers back i noticed that information in the actual book was incorrect and at times conflicted with what it had said at the begining of a chapter, i tried to speak to the tutors but no luck i got a e-mail reply saying some of the information in the book was incorrect at time of priniting and new info was on the web site. (pay £110 a month for wrong information)
long story short i had a look at the T&C's of the credit agreement and it states if they default on service or in goods they provied we are able to cancel the credit agreement and claim our money back as well as sue T4T's

as we will be dealing with the credit company and not the training company (two diffrent companys) this is the only way i feel we can get out of this. let me know what you think. ( i joined t4t sep last year )

a lot of plumbing companies ar going out of business at the moment,there is no shortage of fully trained and experienced plumbers ,but there is a glut of half trained plumbers all certificates and no experience.those companies who are takeing on plumbers can pick and chose who they employ.most look for at least four years post training experience.this is because it is so cut throat now they can not afford to take on people whom they will have to continue to train,they need people who can do the job fully ,and are not constantly needing advice on how to do the job.some of the training companies are now also going out of buisiness.i would like to know how many of the plumbers trained by these companies actualy find work after training.good training is worth every penny you spend on it, but when you see the claims of these companies 100% pass rate gaureteed you have to wonder how this is acheived,and at what cost to standerds.you can not train a plumber in 2/6/12/25 weeks ,plumbing companies know this that is why they look for post training experience.

funny you mention that i was offered a 100% garuntee but not that ill pass first time just that i could keep retaking the exams until i do pass.

i havnt carried it on at the moment as im sure a lot of people have also lost intrest and confidence in the course.

when i signed up the person also claimed the training was backed buy the goverment and it was the goverment that was pushing the training of plumbers because of the forseen shortage that may occur in the future.
if the claims they make are true surley the goverment should bail us out of this mess and if the claims are false then the training companys have faulted in what we have signed up for ? (would this allow us to get out the contract with the credit company)

to answer the question above the training companys dont encourage you to join a company after the course they tend to stear you in the other direction and blind you by the prospect of makeing 40 to 50k a year by opening your own company. (self employed)

so at the end of the day if you fail to make money they would simply say you arnt working hard enough, i think this whole thing would lead to the increase of rougue traders takeing short cuts to make a better profit.

before anyone signs up to any course T4T's plumbing ask your self a simple question,

have i or my family ever needed to call out a plumber ?
most of you will have the same answer as me and im 26

NO ! so in 26 years i have never needed or my family (Mum and Dad) needed a plumber. (so if i dont know anyone that would need a professional plumber to do work where is all this work coming from ?)

i went to see a lawyer the lawyer sent them a letter stating i had been missold the course and that i would be canceling my standing order and that he would defend any warning letters i recieved from the credit company .within 2 weeks my lawyer recieved a letter from t4ts stating the course has now been canceled and no further payments are due .it cost me £92 for the lawyer

i went to see a lawyer the lawyer sent them a letter stating i had been missold the course and that i would be canceling my standing order and that he would defend any warning letters i recieved from the credit company .within 2 weeks my lawyer recieved a letter from t4ts stating the course has now been canceled and no further payments are due .it cost me £92 for the lawyer

hi davius74

well done mate, im going to try and do the same thing, if i could pick your brain about how you stated the case could you give me your contact details and ill call you.

how did they miss sell the course ? (wrong information supplied in books, false promise of work after course, was there a training center in your area etc.. )
im not able to use the third reason as there is a training center in my area.

anyinfo would be great.
like you said lawyer might cost £100 but im paying that anyway a month for a course im not using

Hi again

just spoken to a lawyer over the phone, he sugested i should pick up a small claims leaflet from the court and go see citizens advice about canceling the course. oh he said i should call or write to the people i took the credit out with and see if they willing to cancel the payments im makeing. ?

guess i have to jump through all the hoops first, did you have to do all this davius74 ?

will call credit people tomorrow and book apointment with citizens advice to see what happens

look at it this way as time goes on we will need more plumbers ,so if you can get good cost efective training it will stand you in good stead in the future,so your best bet is to find local plumber to help and learn from. go to night school ,if your keen enougth you will get there and this way gives you time to learn at a measured pace

I have just completed the theory part of this coarse and was contacted about the hands training, which when i signed up was at a training centre in Luton, local to me. Now, after being fobbed off for 10 months that the centre is waiting for certification, I am now being told that training will be in Southampton or Leeds.

t4ts offer an amount to help with expenses, but you have to pay out of your own pocket first and wait for them to process recites.

t4ts small print.......10. Practical training will take place at a venue of our choice.

What this doesn't say is that it may involve overnight stays and costs that may have to be paid out of your own pocket.

What a waste of all my time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock