Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: train 4 trade skills scam

never got it in writing it was the salesman that told me this

I recently enroled on T4TS an have found out that a certain amount of money should b paid before going to the 1st practical and then the ful course fee must b paid before doing all other practicals..im going to cancel my agreement.can any1 suggest a good course to go through as i have no time to go college and these are the only courses im able to do..

t4t skills

Hi there i am 2 months in to t4t skills domestic plumbing L2. Read good and bad comments about t4t skills on forum. I was then dissapointed to find out that i could not start the first week of practical training until i had paid the first 1300 pounds of cource fees my foult for not reading small print well enough.My qestion is does anyone know if you have to pay anymore fees before tou can do rest of practical.:confused:

Re: t4t skills

I never realised until i read small print you have to pay 1300 pounds before tou can sit the practical side of the course.I phoned up t4t skills and they said yes i would have to i explained that you promote the course so you can work at own pace,how can you work at your own pace if its going to take 13 months to pay the 1300 aftrerall this is the point of funding.I also asked if i would have to pay the rest of the course fees before i could sit rest of practical she said i wouldent.The reason i asked on forum if anyone knew about this is because this is not the first time they have twisted the truth and was looking for second appinion.

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

i joined the course in febuary of this year after a pushy salesman visited me,
after reading views from others i have now decided dont want to do the course, i have never started never even opened a book,
after being refused my money back even after finding a fault with the contract i am now appealing to anyone who has actually managed to cancel to tell me how they did it!
failing that i would like anyone in the same boat as me to come forth!! as being advised by a lawyer a group of unhappy customers would have more impact than just 1!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed right away in the text, you should've read the whole thing before signing anything.

I had to wait too, although i was sure it was only £1000, have heard of people going on 3rd and 4th week without having to have paid a set amount.
Looking forward to my second week, really enjoyed my first week. :D
The centres are in Featherstone and Southampton only, but they do give you up to 30 quid per day for digs, after you send them the receipts.

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

OK. Getting on with it now, turns out seeing has I have already sat and passed the City & Guilds 6022 and 6032 with Plumbing Skills I don't have to retake them with Train4Trades after all. Come on, who lied? :rolleyes:

All of Train4TradeSkills Domestic Plumbing & Heating, Section 1 Part A, modules 1-4 complete.

TMA 1 (Plumbing Induction) to 3 (Common Plumbing Processes)marked and passed (had to resubmit TMA2 (Health and Safety) but all now 100%) TMA 4 (Key Plumbing Principles) results pending.

Received online training codes after TMA2 and TMA3, did the Induction, took the Health & Safety test and passed all sections.
Section 2- PPE
Section 3- Safety signs
Section 5- Hazardous substances
Section 6- Working at heights
Section 7- Basic First-aid.

Scenario 2 Correctly identified the video sequences that represented both safe and unsafe situations. (What on earth was she thinking? carrying that heavy gas bottle in one hand by herself and holding the fire door open with a fire extinguisher......... Jeeeez!) :)

Passed Online module 3.
Section 2-Jointing Methods,
Section 3-Materials & Tools,
Section 4-The Soldering Process.
Questions 1-15 all answered correctly.

Scenario 3 Interactive Soldering - Took a couple attempts to get use to the online system timings for applying solder and then waiting enough time to remove excess solder with the wet rag but passed all parts:
Flux Application 1-4,
Part Assembly 5,
Applying Heat 6-7,
Applying Solder 8 -9.

Passed Online module 4.
Section 2- Bending - The Basics,
Section 3- 90 Degree Bends,
Section 4- Offset Bends,
Section 5- Kickover Bends,
Section 6- Passover Bends.
Questions 1-15 all answered correctly.

Scenario 4 Interactive Pipe Bending - Correctly identified steps 1-8 for bending copper tube, arranged video sequence in correct order.

Interactive 3D Simulation cd. Scenario 1 :-
i. Correctly identified the cause of the water leak from the CWSC overflow pipe and repaired the Ball valve.
ii. Completed full system check of cold water supply
iii. Identified faulty Stopcock and replaced it.
iv. entered completion code online and received activation code for senario 2.

Studying R D Treloar Plumbing and JTL Plumbing Text books, waiting for the results of TMA4 and the arrival of the next set of modules.

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

i joined the course in febuary of this year after a pushy salesman visited me,
after reading views from others i have now decided dont want to do the course, i have never started never even opened a book,
after being refused my money back even after finding a fault with the contract i am now appealing to anyone who has actually managed to cancel to tell me how they did it!
failing that i would like anyone in the same boat as me to come forth!! as being advised by a lawyer a group of unhappy customers would have more impact than just 1!!

Hi Kathryn

I got out the contract- did you receive the 2nd copy?

If not then contact the ombudsman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock