Search the forum,

Discuss What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to jump back to the top of the most hated list ( if I'm not there already) but I've had a chat with my son and I'm getting his Lambo Gallardo back to keep as he is buying something else ( to be decided) but as they won't offer enough for trade on we are keeping both hahaha
Prob not for a couple of months but i can wait

hope you get piles so u cant drive it, just green horns Really ;) git comes to mind as well

Last edited by a moderator:
not true as the fastest car ever had no wheel drive at all, thrust2:)

thats not a car.....thats a plane with no wings....so what is the fastest "car" driven through the wheels?

What do you call fast....top speed or accelleration?....most people think f1 are the fastest but have no idea

hope you get piles so u cant drive it, just green horns Really ;) git comes to mind as well

Haha, was discussing it with the younger boys tonight and they are delighted, the misses asked what I was going to do with my present car, but as we have twins I "can't" get rid of it as we need to to their football and all the other stuff they do, ( sometimes the misses is busy so I still need my car so it looks as if stuck with the xf jag and the Lambo haha (I could use her qashqai but she point bank refuses to drive the Lambo)

haha, was discussing it with the younger boys tonight and they are delighted, the misses asked what i was going to do with my present car, but as we have twins i "can't" get rid of it as we need to to their football and all the other stuff they do, ( sometimes the misses is busy so i still need my car so it looks as if stuck with the xf jag and the lambo haha (i could use her qashqai but she point bank refuses to drive the lambo)

i've a nice dry garage in much better climatic conditions than you??????????

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366755258.363150.jpg

My toys

I no longer "drive" the Alfa :(

DSCF3159.jpg
This is what I found! I think cylinder no 1 has dropped a valve :( Proper f****d. This ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you buy with your heart and not your head!

Not as sorry as I am! Its got a full tank of fuel, £60 worth of brand new oil and £280 worth of dunlop tyres with less than 100 miles wear on it!

Thats all its good for now :(

I'm not a car breaker expert but perhaps if you've got the time you might get more money for individual parts (seats, tires, wheels, lights easily removed parts by you etc)?!?

I'm always sceptical of taking a car to a scrappy as I think they'd just rip you off!!

Going to try and sell it as spares or repairs, if not I'll take off as much as I can before I scrap it. Its going to break my heart seeing them put a claw through it to put it on the lorry! Live and learn! I'm buying a Toyota Corolla next!!

Engines are like rocking horse poo and very expensive when they do show up! I might take the head off and inspect the damage, I'd like to think I could get away with a new head, piston and valve. But in reality I think the block is probably shagged too! It still runs, albeit on three cylinders!

Engines are like rocking horse poo and very expensive when they do show up! I might take the head off and inspect the damage, I'd like to think I could get away with a new head, piston and valve. But in reality I think the block is probably shagged too! It still runs, albeit on three cylinders!

Thought running on three was good going for an Alfa!

The running on three is ok, its the noise of the engine eating itself is what disheartening!

It's got to be worth keeping, surely. Feel fr you mate, sounds like a total disaster.

Alfa has gone :( Did not have time to repair or strip it and didn't want to throw more money at it. Was breaking my heart looking at it, plus the tax was running out. Sold it for........£200! It had £280 worth of tyres on it! Extremely expensive mistake!

To rub salt in the wound, I am now driving this..........

DSCF3165.jpg
Which is on a 3 year lease, so I can't even hand it back for another two years and 3 months :( I make very, very silly decisions when it comes to cars! As a kneejerk reaction to the Alfa getting towed away I very nearly went and financed a Focus ST, but slept on it and decided to save the money instead!!

Alfa has gone :( Did not have time to repair or strip it and didn't want to throw more money at it. Was breaking my heart looking at it, plus the tax was running out. Sold it for........£200! It had £280 worth of tyres on it! Extremely expensive mistake!

To rub salt in the wound, I am now driving this..........

View attachment 13174
Which is on a 3 year lease, so I can't even hand it back for another two years and 3 months :( I make very, very silly decisions when it comes to cars! As a kneejerk reaction to the Alfa getting towed away I very nearly went and financed a Focus ST, but slept on it and decided to save the money instead!!

Do you actually have a mangina?!?!

I think a double dose of masculinity needs to be injected into your brain - Stat!!

Haha! I had this before the Alfa, its my girlfriends car for getting back and forth to work, I've just put myself back on the insurance for it! Spent all day driving it today and I've never felt so "Zeb-like" in all my life!!

I drive a Volvo S40, something I never dreamt I'd do in a million years coming from mainly a biking background but I'm quite enjoying it's build quality, reliability and although the performance isn't break-neck it ain't half bad.

I've just had it converted to take Autogas (lpg) huge savings considering the mileage I do.

I just noticed the guy who did the conversion has put a clip up on youtube:

[video=youtube;gMDezmOIu9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDezmOIu9s[/video]

Have you read and adhered to the Volvo drivers code of practice?

*A Panama hat must be left on the parcel shelf at all times.
*Driving gloves must be worn whenever the vehicle is in motion, regardless of weather.
*When travelling on a motorway, the inside lane must never be used even when free. The middle lane is used for most situations unless travelling at 70mph. At this speed you MUST stay in the outside lane even if other motorists wish to overtake you at a higher speed.
*Never use mirrors when executing an overtake on a dual carriageway or motorway.
*Always assume you are the only car using the road you are travelling on.
*never maintain a constant speed when travelling long distances, speed up and slow down at regular intervals to ensure you overtake, and then be overtaken by the same car at regular intervals.

I'm sure there's more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock