Search the forum,

Discuss What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Sports are apparently whippet fast?

I've got my commercial, but I don't use it. My work van is provided to me, a Dispatch.

My car used to be a Renault Sport Clio 197 (hence the username) but I now have a Mazda 3 MPS and a Peugeot 307 HDi for the missus to get about in.

I've had a 182 and a 200. Awesome cars.

Would have had a 6 MPS too if they did them as estates, really like the mazdas. You got the aero kit on yours?

Anyone ever go to york drag strip you can take your own car on there for about ÂŁ25.00- 30.00 as long as you have an helmut. See some good cars in the summer.

I go tithe Shakespeare county race way. Some immense cars and some cracking sleepers.

My toy is a 1992 Impreza Type-RA lightweight that's been a little bit fiddled with...

I love it to bits on the twisty stuff, but the really, really short ratio gearbox is a swine on main roads! 4200rpm at 70mph makes for a boring motorway journey!!
On twisty stuff it is absolutely savage!

Saying that, I've only driven it 5 times in the last year!! :(

My toy is a 1992 Impreza Type-RA lightweight that's been a little bit fiddled with...

I love it to bits on the twisty stuff, but the really, really short ratio gearbox is a swine on main roads! 4200rpm at 70mph makes for a boring motorway journey!!
On twisty stuff it is absolutely savage!

Saying that, I've only driven it 5 times in the last year!! :(

I do like these very much! Some nice examples on the boat when my R32 came over.

I do like these very much! Some nice examples on the boat when my R32 came over.

I had an r32gtr, what a machine. only thing was every time you drove it your wallet would shrink. Which one did you have?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364857671.953885.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364857685.587993.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364857703.709481.jpg

Couldn't keep a eye on any of these once the loud pedal was pressed.

Evo I hear you say?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364890419.564449.jpg

I really liked it in yellow but wasn't to everyone's taste :)

Missus company car BMW 119 when she returns off maternity leave she's getting a new BMW 3 series

Ah mmmm ford focus ten yrs old, well its my mrs shopping car 26k miles only on clock

Erm, I've just committed financial suicide..........

IMG-20130413-00166_zps6121deff.jpg

Nothing will empty your wallet faster than a ropey, high mileage Alfa Romeo!

They do, sounds nice for a four pot too! Wanted a V6, but they were thin on the ground! Despite the knocks, clunks and rattles it makes, its a dream to drive after being stuck in my van since before christmas!!

I have no sympathy, why an Alfa? always breaking down. Italians are more interested in good food and wine. I think they have got it right.
They do, sounds nice for a four pot too! Wanted a V6, but they were thin on the ground! Despite the knocks, clunks and rattles it makes, its a dream to drive after being stuck in my van since before christmas!!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment! I don't use the car very often, so I wanted something that I actually want to drive, for ÂŁ1000 I had the choice of this, Mondeos, Vectras, Passats etc! I can live with a little extra maintenance and cost if it means I get some enjoyment!

It'll do me for now until I can afford a proper car!

Yes know where your coming from. My every day car is a BMW 320D tourer, very efficient, cheap tax, reliable. My play car is a Toyota MR2 MKll 16year old expensive tax, not fuel efficient but totally reliable and great fun. Just have to remember not to do big shopping trips in the MR2.
Because I'm a glutton for punishment! I don't use the car very often, so I wanted something that I actually want to drive, for ÂŁ1000 I had the choice of this, Mondeos, Vectras, Passats etc! I can live with a little extra maintenance and cost if it means I get some enjoyment!

It'll do me for now until I can afford a proper car!

I'd have had something like an MR2 in a flash, but I needed room for four people as my missus has a Citroen C1 to get her back and forth to work and going out as a family in that is far from fun!

This was the best compromise of practicality and enjoyment I could get for the money!

Not a C1, you can barely get a pint of milk in the boot. Agree if you have family MR2 not the best option. My babes are all grown up. Great when the boy gives me a lift to the pub and back again.
I'd have had something like an MR2 in a flash, but I needed room for four people as my missus has a Citroen C1 to get her back and forth to work and going out as a family in that is far from fun!

This was the best compromise of practicality and enjoyment I could get for the money!

I've always fancied a vauxhall monaro for a toy, one day they'll be cheap enough.

Rickee, rickee......that's a hairdresser's car *** ***

I've always fancied a vauxhall monaro for a toy, one day they'll be cheap enough.

I was very very tempted to buy one of these a few years ago. White with a yellow stripe running over the bonnet to the wing mirrors. about 19k if i remember right for a 2 yr old.
Ended up buying a 3 litre V6 406 coupe because she liked it better. That was a decent car too.

I was very very tempted to buy one of these a few years ago. White with a yellow stripe running over the bonnet to the wing mirrors. about 19k if i remember right for a 2 yr old.
Ended up buying a 3 litre V6 406 coupe because she liked it better. That was a decent car too.

No no no, oportunity missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock