Discuss What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, I've just committed financial suicide..........

IMG-20130413-00166_zps6121deff.jpg

Nothing will empty your wallet faster than a ropey, high mileage Alfa Romeo!

But hey look lovely!

They do, sounds nice for a four pot too! Wanted a V6, but they were thin on the ground! Despite the knocks, clunks and rattles it makes, its a dream to drive after being stuck in my van since before christmas!!

I have no sympathy, why an Alfa? always breaking down. Italians are more interested in good food and wine. I think they have got it right.
They do, sounds nice for a four pot too! Wanted a V6, but they were thin on the ground! Despite the knocks, clunks and rattles it makes, its a dream to drive after being stuck in my van since before christmas!!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment! I don't use the car very often, so I wanted something that I actually want to drive, for £1000 I had the choice of this, Mondeos, Vectras, Passats etc! I can live with a little extra maintenance and cost if it means I get some enjoyment!

It'll do me for now until I can afford a proper car!

Yes know where your coming from. My every day car is a BMW 320D tourer, very efficient, cheap tax, reliable. My play car is a Toyota MR2 MKll 16year old expensive tax, not fuel efficient but totally reliable and great fun. Just have to remember not to do big shopping trips in the MR2.
Because I'm a glutton for punishment! I don't use the car very often, so I wanted something that I actually want to drive, for £1000 I had the choice of this, Mondeos, Vectras, Passats etc! I can live with a little extra maintenance and cost if it means I get some enjoyment!

It'll do me for now until I can afford a proper car!

I'd have had something like an MR2 in a flash, but I needed room for four people as my missus has a Citroen C1 to get her back and forth to work and going out as a family in that is far from fun!

This was the best compromise of practicality and enjoyment I could get for the money!

Not a C1, you can barely get a pint of milk in the boot. Agree if you have family MR2 not the best option. My babes are all grown up. Great when the boy gives me a lift to the pub and back again.
I'd have had something like an MR2 in a flash, but I needed room for four people as my missus has a Citroen C1 to get her back and forth to work and going out as a family in that is far from fun!

This was the best compromise of practicality and enjoyment I could get for the money!

I've always fancied a vauxhall monaro for a toy, one day they'll be cheap enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Car Do You Drive (Other Than Van?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock