Search the forum,

Discuss Show us your fanciest radiators you have installed!! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them!

I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space.

1000014327.jpg

1000014329.jpg

What do you think?

I also came across this one in a Wetherspoons at the weekend. I quite like the old fashioned types.
20240422_164249_resized.jpg

Forgot to take an installed photo, will when I go back to fit the other 3.

The below rad comes in 2 sections due to the weight. 70kg each section.

I hired their kit to join the sections.

4 x rads, £6.5k my cost to purchase….

IMG_5072.jpeg
IMG_5073.jpeg

Currently first fixing for 25 of those. 15 being re-finished and 10 new ones. Biggest being 800x 1500 at 150kg. Let me know how they go as not had to do any cast iron rads yet. Mine are also set to be delivered in 2 parts for the big ones but didn't realise I would need fancy tools to assemble them (strategically left off their website)

I've heard horror stories of people bending the breaker bar when trying to disassemble old ones. Luckily I won't need to do that

Currently first fixing for 25 of those. 15 being re-finished and 10 new ones. Biggest being 800x 1500 at 150kg. Let me know how they go as not had to do any cast iron rads yet. Mine are also set to be delivered in 2 parts for the big ones but didn't realise I would need fancy tools to assemble them (strategically left off their website)

I've heard horror stories of people bending the breaker bar when trying to disassemble old ones. Luckily I won't need to do that

Gonna need the tools. The joint is made with a half reversed thread nipple and graphite washers.

The nipple has to go in the correct way round/it to its designed half. Mine came labeled.

Tbh was a lot quicker/easier than I expected. I air pressure tested them once assembled, no leaks.

You shouldn’t need it, but good luck!

Reply to Show us your fanciest radiators you have installed!! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock