Search the forum,

Discuss low limit stat combined with a frost stat advice... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello i understand the combination of a pipe stat and a frost stat working together which makes sense.but can some one explain why can you not just a have a frost stat on its own? if it was a external boiler with a frost stat inside the boiler when the temperature get below 5 the boiler will fire up.then the surround temperature inside the boiler would get above 5 and would then turn the boiler off?
thanks

Last edited:
But if you have a pipe stat on return it will shut off quicker. All about energy efficiency. Would take a lot longer to warm the space.

even if the frost stat was inside the boiler casing? i guess with the outside temperature and the boiler temperature would be average temperature and like you said it would take ages to switch off. cheers

hi scott i went to a service a boiler on friday with my boss and there was a frost stat and pipe stat on the return pipe.

Last edited:
i scott i take it the reason why you don't fit a frost stat inside the boiler is because it want be able to detect a true ambient air temperature?

it was a external oil boiler. why did scott say you don't fit frost stat inside boilers?

I thought you were talking about a wall hung boiler in a garage or loft :aureola:

best practise for future installation when fitting a external boiler is to fit a pipe stat and frost stat together?

what would be the problem if you were to fit a frost stat inside the boiler if it were inside the loft and was wall hang? what would the problem be?

In a loft, garage or shed then frost stat on the wall, on a block of wood, adjacent the boiler.

i have come across a sparky installation were a frost stat was fitted on the outside of the boiler house and no pipe stat, owner was winging the boiler was on all night at times and using a lot of oil :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to low limit stat combined with a frost stat advice... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler is running through the night and the radiator on the 2nd zone that room is roasting hot. Any suggestions? The pipe stat is on 40 degrees can this...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My boiler was kind of new & installed last year July, I know there's build-in frost protection. Also, there's an old external frost protection (attached photo) that the engineer did not disconnect it when installed the new boiler. I wonder if I need to disconnect/get rid of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock