Search the forum,

Discuss combi boiler frost protection in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am somewhat confused.

My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode

I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from freezing.

Looking on the Internet the majority state that new boilers have frost protection and these will automatically run the system (including radiators) if the temperature gets below 10 degrees C to prevent the water in the pipes freezing (even if timer side set to off).

As it is now due to get much colder, is the above correct and she can leave it as it is or does she need to use manual mode and set the room thermostat low at night?

Thanks

What mode it's in shouldn't matter, usually it concerns systems where the boilers are outside the thermal envelope of the building and installed in colder areas like lofts or garages.

Reply to combi boiler frost protection in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock