Discuss initial flush after work to remove flux etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aviator99_uk

Hi Guys,

I have just finished doing some major mods to an existing system which is mostly copper for the htg and a couple of lengths of Hep20 on the DHW F&R.

I have used mostly normal copper connections, led free solder, fernox flux, and some Tectite (discrete heat).

Need to flush the flux residue out of the system as I know some fluxes can cause corrosion and I suspect some could affect the Hep20, don't believe it needs a power flush as it already had a sludge filter etc.

What chemical? How?

Cheers,

Ag

welcome to our forums.

i normally use a bottle of h2o

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting something like; fill it, add some magic smoke, run it, drain it, fill it, run it, stop. :confused:

The magic smoke must be important because when we let the magic smoke out of our telly it stopped working...................:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to initial flush after work to remove flux etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As per the heading, i wanted to ask is it possible to still use a boiler if for example the CH water out and in were both isolated at the boiler...
Replies
Views
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with...
Replies
Views
R
To cut a long story short, after a BG callout to replace a blocked/scaled pump (didn't see the pump myself so not sure) i was quoted £1200 for a...
Replies
Views
Rick the Spud
R
D
i have had an independent plumber check my system,a second opinion- he says i need to power flush as there is sludge. my contracted servicer will...
Replies
Views
S
Hi everyone I am just on the verge of buying a Fernox powerflush pump,but am quite impressed by the Adey Solutions magnacleanse power flush...
Replies
Views
mitchellplumber
M
Back