Search the forum,

Discuss Magnacleanse Power flush filter versus pumped machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smeagal

Hi everyone

I am just on the verge of buying a Fernox powerflush pump,but am quite impressed by the Adey Solutions magnacleanse power flush filter and its claim of doing a six rad flush in two hours.anybody used one? is it as good as they say,at a third of the price of a fernox powerflush unit and a faster clean timeyou would think it would be a no brainer but cannot do heavilly sludged systems.I would be interested to hear what the forum thiinks of them.Thanks for your thoughts.

Smeagal

Its the Mutts Nutts and will strip out all magnetic sludge and the water you dump is always clean..worth its weight in copper!!!

Hi Spudhater

Have you used one? I think they have just come out beginning of the month how do you find it does it reduce flushing time, it would be interesting to know.

Smeagal

Bro in law has one,he has a Norstrom Power flush (with heater) when used with the Magna clean (which has been around for a while) you do not need to keep dumping the dirty water so it saves quite a lot of time.
He reckons it is the best bit of kit he has brought!!!

Bro reckons it`s the best bit of kit he has brought

hi Spudhater

Thanks for the info very helpfull but Adey have just brought out a flushing machine called Magnacleanse which its sole purpose in life is to provide a flush and is supposed to be quicker than a Pump type system anybody else seen this advertised comments would be helpfull thanks!

Smeagal

it is the same kit as my bro -in -law uses on his pumped machine..

They are marketing it as a stand alone cleaner, good idea in my view, i spoke to the rep at the Phex show and he said this is all you will need to clean all the "MAGNETIC" sludge..

I use one with a fernox power flushing unit and would recommend but can't see it can be used on its own
eco

Thats what I think according to the Adey literature it can act as a stand alone unit utilizing the ch pump,but is that going to provide enough velocity to shift the magnetite sludge ,they seem to give the impression this thing is going to put Pump based units in the museum!it may have been better combined into a pumped unit.

Thats what I think according to the Adey literature it can act as a stand alone unit utilizing the ch pump,but is that going to provide enough velocity to shift the magnetite sludge ,they seem to give the impression this thing is going to put Pump based units in the museum!it may have been better combined into a pumped unit.

I dont see how it can, best combined with P/F machine

Point taken on Pump...

If the rads are that bad:eek: i would advise the customer to change them, with the cost of "Power Flush" you can nearly change all the rads on a 3 bed semi.

The pipe work is normally not a problem.

The HV pump alone does not always break up the mag you forgot the vibrating drill!!!!

Cost ÂŁ1500.00:)

or a rubber mallet ÂŁ5.00 :D

I got one of the Fernox Magnom powerflush filters (I think it's called the Flush Buddy now or something similar) and it does a good job of cleaning out the magnetic debris. The only complaint is that it can be a bit of a pain to clean out.

it is the same kit as my bro -in -law uses on his pumped machine..

They are marketing it as a stand alone cleaner, good idea in my view, i spoke to the rep at the Phex show and he said this is all you will need to clean all the "MAGNETIC" sludge..

I spoke to the Adey reps at Phex too and I wasn't impressed. I've been power flushing for years and can't see how the Magnacleanse will replace a flushing pump. You need more than just the strength of the circ pump to clean a system, and even then there's still no guarantee you'll get everything out. The reps didn't seem to know much about power flushing at all. When I asked them about reversing the flow she said "Why would you need to do that?"

The magnaclean isn't going to remove debris which has already settled out in the system - only chemical cleaning and powerflushing will do that. What it will do is pick up any loose debris suspended in the water.

The magnaclean isn't going to remove debris which has already settled out in the system - only chemical cleaning and powerflushing will do that. What it will do is pick up any loose debris suspended in the water.

Exactly! I think I'll stick with my flusher and my CombiMag.

The people who man the trade stands are salesmen and not plumbers!

Anyone thort about using both. Iv been given a powerflush machine but can't help but think that it's such a pain in the rse getting the dirty water out an also how much water you use doing that. I agree that the system pump won't shift sludge very well. So I'm gonna connect the magnacleanse before the powerflush unit. Best of both worlds. Anyone else done that or think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one of the Fernox Magnom powerflush filters (I think it's called the Flush Buddy now or something similar) and it does a good job of cleaning out the magnetic debris. The only complaint is that it can be a bit of a pain to clean out.

Anyone thort about using both. Iv been given a powerflush machine but can't help but think that it's such a pain in the arse getting the dirty water out an also how much water you use doing that. I agree that the system pump won't shift sludge very well. So I'm gonna connect the magnacleanse before the powerflush unit. Best of both worlds. Anyone else done that or think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

Exactly too much stopping to clean out when flushing best way i,ve found is to do a normal chemical flush , then magna clean flush at the end result is crystal clear.:)

I've been power-flushing for years now and I only bought the Adey MagnaCleanse filter a few months ago. I find it does a really good job and takes a lot of sludge out of the system. I know the feeling with the "pump", I was also very skeptical about this. The thing is, if you clean one radiator at a time the central heating pump is only pushing through one rad (with chemicals) at a time and if you use it with the vibraClean (agitator) this will dislodge the hardened magnetite. Your looking at about 10-15 mins per radiator. The good thing about this system is you are not dumping the water until the end of the process therefor you keep all the cleanser chemicals in the system the whole time.
On one job I had recently though, I did struggle a bit with a blocked feed pipe.... out came the power-flusher and fixed the problem. I would say, its a great piece of kit but would not recommend getting rid of your power-flusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse Power flush filter versus pumped machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock