Search the forum,

Discuss initial flush after work to remove flux etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aviator99_uk

Hi Guys,

I have just finished doing some major mods to an existing system which is mostly copper for the htg and a couple of lengths of Hep20 on the DHW F&R.

I have used mostly normal copper connections, led free solder, fernox flux, and some Tectite (discrete heat).

Need to flush the flux residue out of the system as I know some fluxes can cause corrosion and I suspect some could affect the Hep20, don't believe it needs a power flush as it already had a sludge filter etc.

What chemical? How?

Cheers,

Ag

welcome to our forums.

i normally use a bottle of h2o

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting something like; fill it, add some magic smoke, run it, drain it, fill it, run it, stop. :confused:

The magic smoke must be important because when we let the magic smoke out of our telly it stopped working...................:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to initial flush after work to remove flux etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock