Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
CeVyj3VWQAATuUs.jpg:large

soldering is interesting :D

soldering is interesting :D

Looks like they wipe the joints. I think that is fine to do with leaded soldering and looks alright if done neatly. But I think a lot of that is rough and also it has been more like spreading solder all over.
I still think there is something wrong with the pipework. Looks like the bypass is irrelevant as the pipes are already joined. Or am I wrong?

Looks like they wipe the joints. I think that is fine to do with leaded soldering and looks alright if done neatly. But I think a lot of that is rough and also it has been more like spreading solder all over.
I still think there is something wrong with the pipework. Looks like the bypass is irrelevant as the pipes are already joined. Or am I wrong?

Looks like they've uses half a roll on that bottom tee

Looks like they've uses half a roll on that bottom tee

thats what got my attention first :D

and best bypass looks right

after pump but before mv

not straight tho which is - points :D

thats what got my attention first :D

and best bypass looks right

after pump but before mv

not straight tho which is - points :D

But behind the bypass valve, - it looks in photo as if the pipes are joined together with a tee off going to an elbow?

But behind the bypass valve, - it looks in photo as if the pipes are joined together with a tee off going to an elbow?

Drain off cock type a I think

Looks like they tried to pack it all within the width of one kitchen cabinet, what floor stander is that btw Shaun?

Looks like they tried to pack it all within the width of one kitchen cabinet, what floor stander is that btw Shaun?

I was wondering about the same. Looks similar to an oil boiler - Grant Vortex

Post up a guess martine and will see whose close

How is this for an install. Wonky boiler, piles all over the shop and can you imagine having to change the cylinder?20160406_181552.jpg

I arrived to service a Warmflow combi oil boiler that was in constant use and looked on the outside wall and asked the guy where the flue was. He said, It is in here somewhere, and started to pull the turf up to reveal this. image.jpg

And the boiler room is part of the basement of the house and the young couple have a baby.

Last edited:
Do I see a water main down there as well best ?

Do I see a water main down there as well best ?

Yes Shaun. Well spotted! Luckily it is a balanced flue, so heat from flue gases is going straight out - when the grass etc was removed. It is an older standard efficiency boiler, so very hot gases. That photo doesn't really show the black grass that is directly in front of flue.
The house is a bit of a bodge.

Yes Shaun. Well spotted! Luckily it is a balanced flue, so heat from flue gases is going straight out - when the grass etc was removed. It is an older standard efficiency boiler, so very hot gases. That photo doesn't really show the black grass that is directly in front of flue.
The house is a bit of a bodge.

:D least when it snows, will melt it away for you

What you going to do move the flue or new boiler ?

:D least when it snows, will melt it away for you

What you going to do move the flue or new boiler ?

I come across stupid things like that often.
The owner as I insisted, had to later dig the ground away clear of the flue pipe.
I suggested a new boiler with an unvented cylinder, rather than a combi, if they want the expense.
But it is in the countryside and work has been done for maximum profit I suspect by some farmer type. It could be a can of worms.

I haven't got a photo but a guy on the firm I work for fitted a pressure relief valve thinking it was a automatic bypass...WTF I know, and his in his early 50's thinks he knows it all, there was no telling him either, another guy on the firm also piped a new radiator upside down, with the grills on the bottom. There is a photo of that one, will get my hands on it lol

2014-02-06 15.32.45.jpg
Came across this Potterton profile (positive pressure case) where the case hooks had snapped off. Case held on with cable ties both sides, been like it for last 2years....

I haven't got a photo but a guy on the firm I work for fitted a pressure relief valve thinking it was a automatic bypass...WTF I know, and his in his early 50's thinks he knows it all, there was no telling him either, another guy on the firm also piped a new radiator upside down, with the grills on the bottom. There is a photo of that one, will get my hands on it lol

Nothing wrong with 50 :dizzy2:

Its within all the boundaries as stated within manufacturers instructions

Walk inside the building, they have converted the pub to 3 flats inc a 4 storey townhouse. Joke of a job, guy who demanded boilers where they were didnt listen to a word i said but all the boilers are not affecting anywhere. It got a plume kit on because its less than 2m off the floor, should have a cage but alot of people walk past there which im afraid people could sway onto the road, i informed baxi of all my worries but they agreed if the flues were within distances of OPENINGS of building they were fine. Looks funny from the outside though [emoji23]

haha never thought we would have a member on here posting another members work!

haha never thought we would have a member on here posting another members work!

Please tell me whats wrong with it and it will be changed? It was a side entry for the old pub, they have kept the outside the same but new walls and other stuff added inside. Over 300mm from openable window, over 2m off floor. Theres nothing else to pick on is there?

Please tell me whats wrong with it and it will be changed? It was a side entry for the old pub, they have kept the outside the same but new walls and other stuff added inside. Over 300mm from openable window, over 2m off floor. Theres nothing else to pick on is there?

I can't see anything else wrong with it apart from it looks like its stuck out next to a door, which we now know is bricked up on the inside, I bet your heart dropped when you found that on here

Lol i kind of knew it would of came up because i would criticise it aswell, the boilers are in silly places. One of those jobs which you end up hating and dreading getting up in the morning to go to! Sure people will report it in the future until they go inside and see that the boiler on the inside is in the kitchen and in a tall cupboard, will take a picture on the inside and post back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock