Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think who ever has replaced the boiler on the left thought rather than switch it to a vertical flue kit he has just thought can't be arsed with that and slid it down the same lead slate and turned a vertical flue into a horizontal flue bobs your uncle.... Guys got skills :D Long way up as well lol

Ripped this Ariston Combi out today after turning it off yesterday, no flue seal whatsoever between inner and outer flue, made my hand wet with condensation and didn't need to use the flue test point to get a analyser reading haha
a2709e1cbd1a93400c7dd64ac48c07d4.jpg
4a633cf64cf4192765d1617dd3197def.jpg

f2ebe5d5a6f5a97489ab892e1953fea3.jpg

Went to install some kitchen taps and found this when looking for the stop tap. It has only been in a week. I left water and power off and told him to get the installer back and check his qualifications! The list of faults is quite high!

f2ebe5d5a6f5a97489ab892e1953fea3.jpg

Went to install some kitchen taps and found this when looking for the stop tap. It has only been in a week. I left water and power off and told him to get the installer back and check his qualifications! The list of faults is quite high!
Speedfit City!!
Can't see how the expansion vessel will work!
Nice joinery on the stand tho:dead:

I'm correct in saying the EV should be after the PRV aren't I?

(I don't do unvented)

Yea, - after the PRV, between it and the unvented unit it is supposed to be for.
Nothing is to be fitted on that pipe except perhaps a drain off.

Went to classic lxff today and found the case bracket had broken off and been repaired with silicone
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely pipework and soldering. Gas heating job, what a joke!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Take a look at this soldered joint I melted off. Literally holding by a solder thread and all joints seem same. Some of the pipes are also cut at a bad angle, obviously with a hacksaw. Pipes half in, barely soldered. This is original work (30 years old) on a system now converted to combi high pressure in a flat.
Really shocking "plumbers" could do such consistently useless soldering.
image.jpg

Take a look at this soldered joint I melted off. Literally holding by a solder thread and all joints seem same. Some of the pipes are also cut at a bad angle, obviously with a hacksaw, (this one in photo is done badly with a pipe cutter) Pipes half in, barely soldered. This is original work (30 years old) on a system now converted to combi high pressure in a flat.
View attachment 26251

Note the fitting shows bare copper never soldered also. I am removing every fitting above the floor, but it is a worrying thought that the pipes are buried in screed floors. Not a good idea to even move the pipes

Last edited:
not clean enough before soldered

Take a look at this soldered joint I melted off. Literally holding by a solder thread and all joints seem same. Some of the pipes are also cut at a bad angle, obviously with a hacksaw, (this one in photo is done badly with a pipe cutter) Pipes half in, barely soldered. This is original work (30 years old) on a system now converted to combi high pressure in a flat.
View attachment 26251

Note the fitting shows bare copper never soldered also. I am removing every fitting above the floor, but it is a worrying thought that the pipes are buried in screed floors. Not a good idea to even move the pipes
Come across that a lot on stuff fitted in the 70's and 80's. Some that are fully soldered you can snap off easily. Might be a combination of bad cleaning and the flux but it only seems to be on stuff from about a 10 year span. Saying that it is unusual to find soldered copper stuff from the 60's or earlier. It was all compression or paraffin blow lamps for lead then.

Come across that a lot on stuff fitted in the 70's and 80's. Some that are fully soldered you can snap off easily. Might be a combination of bad cleaning and the flux but it only seems to be on stuff from about a 10 year span. Saying that it is unusual to find soldered copper stuff from the 60's or earlier. It was all compression or paraffin blow lamps for lead then.

after 30 years warrentys probably void

not clean enough before soldered

Maybe, but it also can happen with lack of flux and/or blasting too much heat at the fitting.
It is a very common fault I believe in the methods plumber use to solder. I have the habit of melting off soldered joints to replace the joint and I find this with many fittings.

after 30 years its done its job,may be ****e but its held up,move on folks,nothing to see here

True :smile: it has somehow by luck held until now, but my point is the joints have been very weak from first day and obviously that plumber would have one or two leaking joints frequently.
Also joints like this will crack easily if we touch a pipe to connect onto and really got to be gentle with any pipes not being replaced. You never know what way a joint is done

:D

"Nice and neat inside your cupboard! No DIY kit fitted here, Outside tap done properly"

CjYVrHmXEAAfxMY.jpg

outside tap whats missing :D

How are we supposed to know that from your photograph?

""Nice and neat inside your cupboard! No DIY kit fitted here, Outside tap done properly""

if you read above it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock