Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gate valve on Mains no double check valve although there may be a dble check valve on incoming mains and check valve in bib tap...brum

Gate valve on Mains no double check valve although there may be a dble check valve on incoming mains and check valve in bib tap...brum

check valve in bib tape not allowed unless existing install
needs check valve after iso valve to tap as you could contaminate your water supply
your right on gate valve tho

Always under impression that check valve in tap with dble check above main stop tap is adequate...this is how we are doing new builds in Scotland and never any issues with building control,Scottish Water or NHBC.....am I missing something...brum

image.jpg
What can I say...

Now that's worth more debate than a dodgy outside tap glad I'm not the window cleaner lol

image.jpg

Spotted this today what's missing :D

I know it is not plumbing, but I was asked to remove an old light fitting (all in one unit that you wire directly to) and replace with a standard pendant. Wires were crammed together just past ceiling level. As you can see, some idiot years ago must have used the brass connector blocks from the original ceiling rose. Obviously decided to just ignore the earth wires also. Lethal for electrocution or fire risk.
image.jpg

I know it is not plumbing, but I was asked to remove an old light fitting (all in one unit that you wire directly to) and replace with a standard pendant. Wires were crammed together just past ceiling level. As you can see, some idiot years ago must have used the brass connector blocks from the original ceiling rose. Obviously decided to just ignore the earth wires also. Lethal for electrocution or fire risk.
View attachment 26461
Bloody hell,thats Lethal

Bloody hell,thats Lethal

Yes, scary! That was today and in a rental flat and by the aged look of the plastic light fitting, a good 20 years old probably. I don't even like using the plastic terminal blocks to wire to, unless they are enclosed in a electrical wiring box. So easy to touch bare parts of the live cables.

Yes, scary! That was today and in a rental flat and by the aged look of the plastic light fitting, a good 20 years old probably. I don't even like using the plastic terminal blocks to wire to, unless they are enclosed in a electrical wiring box. So easy to touch bare parts of the live cables.

imagine those touching if no RCD or MCB,S would have exploded

imagine those touching if no RCD or MCB,S would have exploded

Those cables in the photo were pushed fully up into the ceiling void, with little more than from the brass connectors showing.
Funny you mention an RCD, - the flat was built in the 80s and coincidently I had to replace the electric shower about 3 years ago in lower flat also owned by landlady. There was only a cartridge fused consumer unit in each flat - no safety devices whatsoever. I insisted on bringing an electrician to fit a shower RCD, but the guy very wisely said he would fit an RCD for supplying everything. Got him to also fit one on upper flat that happens to have had that light wiring mess.

Last edited:
Gauge could be in a better position, wonder if it steams up when used?

First one on gas ?

It might just be the picture but on that gas one it also looks like the top corner of the socket has been beaten out to accommodate tHe hob pipework

Doing a refurb at a well known fast food chain in Chancery Lane and the main contractor does this, told my boss and got shouted down and told not to get involved! As were not there to touch the gas just the plumbing on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock