• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 595K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I see a water main down there as well best ?

Yes Shaun. Well spotted! Luckily it is a balanced flue, so heat from flue gases is going straight out - when the grass etc was removed. It is an older standard efficiency boiler, so very hot gases. That photo doesn't really show the black grass that is directly in front of flue.
The house is a bit of a bodge.

Yes Shaun. Well spotted! Luckily it is a balanced flue, so heat from flue gases is going straight out - when the grass etc was removed. It is an older standard efficiency boiler, so very hot gases. That photo doesn't really show the black grass that is directly in front of flue.
The house is a bit of a bodge.

:D least when it snows, will melt it away for you

What you going to do move the flue or new boiler ?

:D least when it snows, will melt it away for you

What you going to do move the flue or new boiler ?

I come across stupid things like that often.
The owner as I insisted, had to later dig the ground away clear of the flue pipe.
I suggested a new boiler with an unvented cylinder, rather than a combi, if they want the expense.
But it is in the countryside and work has been done for maximum profit I suspect by some farmer type. It could be a can of worms.

I haven't got a photo but a guy on the firm I work for fitted a pressure relief valve thinking it was a automatic bypass...WTF I know, and his in his early 50's thinks he knows it all, there was no telling him either, another guy on the firm also piped a new radiator upside down, with the grills on the bottom. There is a photo of that one, will get my hands on it lol

2014-02-06 15.32.45.jpg
Came across this Potterton profile (positive pressure case) where the case hooks had snapped off. Case held on with cable ties both sides, been like it for last 2years....

I haven't got a photo but a guy on the firm I work for fitted a pressure relief valve thinking it was a automatic bypass...WTF I know, and his in his early 50's thinks he knows it all, there was no telling him either, another guy on the firm also piped a new radiator upside down, with the grills on the bottom. There is a photo of that one, will get my hands on it lol

Nothing wrong with 50 :dizzy2:

Its within all the boundaries as stated within manufacturers instructions

Walk inside the building, they have converted the pub to 3 flats inc a 4 storey townhouse. Joke of a job, guy who demanded boilers where they were didnt listen to a word i said but all the boilers are not affecting anywhere. It got a plume kit on because its less than 2m off the floor, should have a cage but alot of people walk past there which im afraid people could sway onto the road, i informed baxi of all my worries but they agreed if the flues were within distances of OPENINGS of building they were fine. Looks funny from the outside though [emoji23]

haha never thought we would have a member on here posting another members work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock