Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're quite right. I've always taken it as the whole window (building opening) as that's what I was taught at college. I've just checked BS5440 and it's only the opening section of the window itself that counts - Good to know. A bit of a misunderstanding with terminology there, luckily I've never had to change my plan A on the basis of it. Every days a school day.

It does still look a bit close for the 150mm allowance for structural and temperature issues though. I know it's unlikely to cause any issues, especially with the flue temperature of modern boilers, but rules is rules.

It's the route of the kit that made me chuckle, it must have been a right pain cutting it through the gutter. At least it's not cast iron like the main roof gutter.

think that was to take in effect if the window gets changed etc and still a great pic

think that was to take in effect if the window gets changed

Seem to remember an installer being taken to court because a window in a hotel was changed after the installation. It`s in an old thread somewhere.

That's the thing isn't it whatever you install shouldn't prevent a neighbour altering their property

Seem to remember an installer being taken to court because a window in a hotel was changed after the installation. It`s in an old thread somewhere.

yea thats why if close to a window ie top open take a pic of the window with he flue in place as no come back then

It just goes to show, it never hurts to be more cautious. Luckily it's never been an issue for me, I think i'll still carry on as before, but have the allowance in the back of my mind for that one job and make sure i've got my phone with me. :wink5:

That was in Newquay and there was more to it than the window if I remember correctly.

gasmeter.jpg

iso valve on the gas line

but bet you the paints sealed it :D

Think the clue is in the bottom right hand corner. lol

Why have 2 iso valves back to back?

Think the clue is in the bottom right hand corner. lol

Why have 2 iso valves back to back?

test point mate

A quick google says they are ok. Surprised that's all.

the only iso valve on the gas line (closest the boiler eg left one) is not allowed but the test point is for working standing pressures (right/ lowest on the gas pipe)

Yeah ISO on the gas pipe above an isolatable test point, hopefully I'll be ripping it all out tomorrow and sticking a new boiler in anyway

Yeah ISO on the gas pipe above an isolatable test point, hopefully I'll be ripping it all out tomorrow and sticking a new boiler in anyway

hope your leaving the iso in easy to change, dont have to turn the meter/ecv off :D

Well you know I would do but the new boilers going in upstairs as the kitchen needs gutting ;)

shame as them hand painted tiles will get damaged in the process :D

A leak I was called to after a plumber repaired it 2 weeks ago
131670b068b218429ece9c88b18c9a01.jpg

He had just resoldered the reducer without removing and cleaning etc and when he couldn't stop the drip he simply left a deep sandwich box underneath it (gatepost guarantee) which took 2 weels to fill and overflow through the ceiling again
Also in the next joist was this
ae2463c152c4b9201a67d7ad218e629a.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/05/8ad698b25af887781866c2e9cf0e4a40.jpg[/IMGpair of flexis joining some rad drops, which were also leaking
Whilst draining down I managed to give his car a wash at the same time (ends of hoses jumping around due to air in system)
[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/05/d8fb9ed5156c5f4d536ae792928f101d.jpg
Cut out the 28mm tee and replaced, also got rid of the flexis and rigid piped it
Was only supposed to be a leak on a rad ffs

Last edited:
Bet he loved the inhibitor on the paint work!

Some people are just to lazy to do what they are paid for, did you keep the plastic tub lol

Yeah, it was a probly a M&S one, not your usual takeaway container
(up market part of Cardiff, 6 or 7 bedder, dentists, minted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock