• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 595K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're quite right. I've always taken it as the whole window (building opening) as that's what I was taught at college. I've just checked BS5440 and it's only the opening section of the window itself that counts - Good to know. A bit of a misunderstanding with terminology there, luckily I've never had to change my plan A on the basis of it. Every days a school day.

It does still look a bit close for the 150mm allowance for structural and temperature issues though. I know it's unlikely to cause any issues, especially with the flue temperature of modern boilers, but rules is rules.

It's the route of the kit that made me chuckle, it must have been a right pain cutting it through the gutter. At least it's not cast iron like the main roof gutter.

think that was to take in effect if the window gets changed etc and still a great pic

think that was to take in effect if the window gets changed

Seem to remember an installer being taken to court because a window in a hotel was changed after the installation. It`s in an old thread somewhere.

That's the thing isn't it whatever you install shouldn't prevent a neighbour altering their property

Seem to remember an installer being taken to court because a window in a hotel was changed after the installation. It`s in an old thread somewhere.

yea thats why if close to a window ie top open take a pic of the window with he flue in place as no come back then

It just goes to show, it never hurts to be more cautious. Luckily it's never been an issue for me, I think i'll still carry on as before, but have the allowance in the back of my mind for that one job and make sure i've got my phone with me. :wink5:

That was in Newquay and there was more to it than the window if I remember correctly.

gasmeter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock