Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one way to avoid cutting the flue down

c85b921baaa024434bbe4cf31d18e678.jpg

Saw this the other day, couldn't work out what the thought process behind it was!

Relief valve in attic on a gas heating job today.
New way to discharge it - into the cwt overflow and going out about 3 metre high outside.
Free job for elderly people and believe it or not it was all passed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Look at this boiler flue I saw today in Lewisham, also do you think he got planning permission to build what ever his building? Bet his going to rent it out for £500pw

IMG_20160204_095946187.jpg

flue.jpg

CaUFgUKW4AAzjb8.jpg:large

CaUFgULWwAAMdnN.jpg:large

Arh man why go to all that effort, just get a pan that fits, also I hate DIY'ers and flexi's! Swear its not even pushed in all the way. Great photo for hall of shame any how :D

I was replacing a soil stack for a mate yesterday, when I was at the top of the ladder cutting out the old stack I peered over next doors' roof to see this shining example of a plume kit.

The installer had notched out the gutter perfectly to pass the flue through, supported by a bit of silicone round the gutter half way and a cable tie round the gutter at the top.

7be8fde5645594de388786799b31ce0d.jpg

17ddbe88024abec252a6b2f5854e4b09.jpg

e45c692d0822de3e299da0c8e77e02d8.jpg

Can't tell from pics but doesn't seem any need for all that ?

The flue is definitely too close to the opening but I'm not sure that plume kit installation was the right solution.

It does look a bit too close even with the kit.

The installer was probably fed up of customers supplying back to wall pans when they cant physically have them!Ive had it a couple of times even after saying do not buy a back to wall pan as I cant fit one without building a false wall or running soil outside, What did I get yep 2 back to wall pans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The installer was probably fed up of customers supplying back to wall pans when they cant physically have them!Ive had it a couple of times even after saying do not buy a back to wall pan as I cant fit one without building a false wall or running soil outside, What did I get yep 2 back to wall pans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had one this morning with a Sanislim shoehorned in behind it, luckily for me I could reach the problem area otherwise it would of meant pan and pump coming out as one. That`s fine when installing as it`s all new, empty and clean but 5yrs later it ain`t so fine for me or the customer.

Had one this morning with a Sanislim shoehorned in behind it, luckily for me I could reach the problem area otherwise it would of meant pan and pump coming out as one. That`s fine when installing as it`s all new, empty and clean but 5yrs later it ain`t so fine for me or the customer.

Yuk!

The flue is definitely too close to the opening but I'm not sure that plume kit installation was the right solution.

It does look a bit too close even with the kit.

dont think the window opens, only top opener

dont think the window opens, only top opener

You're quite right. I've always taken it as the whole window (building opening) as that's what I was taught at college. I've just checked BS5440 and it's only the opening section of the window itself that counts - Good to know. A bit of a misunderstanding with terminology there, luckily I've never had to change my plan A on the basis of it. Every days a school day.

It does still look a bit close for the 150mm allowance for structural and temperature issues though. I know it's unlikely to cause any issues, especially with the flue temperature of modern boilers, but rules is rules.

It's the route of the kit that made me chuckle, it must have been a right pain cutting it through the gutter. At least it's not cast iron like the main roof gutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock