Discuss Flue dripping from exhaust and from air intake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual boilers have their own installation specs. This is where a good engineer could be invaluable

It might sound off to you why I put up with it, but I've lived here too long. The apple tree in my garden (in a previous pic its in blossoms) was planted as a sapling by my previous wife before she passed away as a living memory of her.Now it's a proper tree and I can't take it with me so here I stay.

Funny how there is always a "Tug of the heart strings" in these long winded threads, usually around post 30-40.

The op wants to think himself lucky they didnt fit a vertical flue.
Im sure he'd be complaining about that even more ??

I hope the landlord never landscapes the garden..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thas why they've used a higher plume kit than you have so that it's not within 1200mm of your flue. Don't you have another bedroom that you could move into and use your current one as a guest room, problem solved. You don't breath in any fumes and you can start using your boiler again too which would reduce your bills. Another suggestion would be to get a gas registered engineer to come and have a look and double check the installations I. E. Flue terminations although I think someone may have suggested this already. Whilst they were ther they could measure the fumes in your bedroom with their flue gas analyser.

Which town/county are you in, maybe one of us will be local to you.

Funny how there is always a "Tug of the heart strings" in these long winded threads, usually around post 30-40.

Oooh you old cynic, you! That line had me blubbing all over my copy of GIUSP 7 and you had to go and ruin it! Have you NO romance in your soul????

Hi finchy. I thought the 1200mm applied to the actual installation and could not be fixed with a kit. The engineer inspection is already in the pipeline so hopefully they will know the score on that one. They can also advise on what can be done to get my flue to function properly.
Moving house or room is not an option.
To measure the fumes is totally impractical. They would need to be there when the flue is operating and the window was open and the prevailing weather conditions caused the fumes to come into the bedroom. The only practical evidence apart from anecdotal would be video or photographic plus a degree of common sense I guess. Maybe an outdoor alarm near the flue would be an option.
I don't know if you can help on this one. I would like to know if this flue could be subject to a mandatory Landlords annual safety check as my one is as there is no way of knowing if the flue is operating within specifications? It would also deal with any future malfunctions such as dripping condensate etc.

0304driver. The extension built next to it is about 1.5m higher than the previous party wall and the fumes do not disperse.

I am sorry but your flue still meets the regs and I also think there is a lot more to this, your flue would still meet the rules if the party wall was full house height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue dripping from exhaust and from air intake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock