Search the forum,

Discuss Flue dripping from exhaust and from air intake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The op wants to think himself lucky they didnt fit a vertical flue.
Im sure he'd be complaining about that even more ??

I hope the landlord never landscapes the garden..
A vertical flue would have to be in the neighbours roof so why would that be considered lucky for me they didn't do that? I'd love for them to do that.
My landlord has no authority to do anything in my garden it would be a breach of contract. Just the same as allowing a flue to be in it. So funny enough a vertical flue would have kept them out the trouble they are in.

Because a Vertical flue would be discharging the fumes in the same area!
And like you say would be perfectly ok, thats why he said you were lucky.
TBH I dont think you are going to get the answer you want in this case, especially as the landlord, the owner of the property gave his permission for the flue to be on his property.

You seem to be under the false impression I am asserting my flue does not meet regs. I have only referred to the neighbours flue meeting regs.

You dont use your boiler because in your opinion the fumes do not disperse, what I was trying to point out to you is that the fumes should be getting away correctly because your flue meets the regs and has been designed to work where it is.

In post 48 i actualy stated "And yes I have complained about my flue but it is apparently within the legal requirements so I have to live with it".

I feel sorry for the GSR person you get in, walking into a can of worms.
You also state in post 67 that they could give you advise to get your flue to work correctly, which you have already been told is correct!!!

A vertical flue would have to be in the neighbours roof so why would that be considered lucky for me they didn't do that? I'd love for them to do that.
My landlord has no authority to do anything in my garden it would be a breach of contract. Just the same as allowing a flue to be in it. So funny enough a vertical flue would have kept them out the trouble they are in.
Because the plume would be worse for you

0304 Driver. I don't get it. Sympathy for GSR person and walking into a can of worms sounds a bit emotive. Surely the GSR inspector will be a expert who examines the situation and makes a professional report based on his skill and knowledge. I certainly hope so or they will get a can worms freshly dug from my garden (that's meant as a joke by the way)

I think all they are trying to get out mate is that you won't be convinced you've had at least 10 of us on here telling you certain things which are just questioned constantly. If your boiler is installed to manufacturers instructions it will work and fumes will disperse safely. Really you just have to trust the manufacturers on their design as manufacturers instructions are gospel

All I am trying to get out is the flue doesn't disperse whatever may be printed on paper and I have accepted I can't change it so I live with it. I know it sounds extraordinary someone would accept never switching their central heating on and my integrity is being questioned on here so that's why I uploaded proof. I just don't use my gas boiler any more. I've dealt with it. Maybe there's a solution which someone on here could provide or a GS engineer can provide e.g. a diversion kit or a refence to a breach of regs and then I can switch it on again which would be great. As it stands it's not in use. That's my choice albeit reluctant. As I've said an an engineer is being organised so we'll see how that pans out.
Cheers Riley

I fully agree it's probably a bit late, especially if the op has given permission for the install. But it's more of a labc issue than a gas safety one.

True, Gas Safe won't bother, cos it's not a gas issue.

I'm sorry mate I find it staggering what you are "putting up with" and continuing to pay a full rent to your landlord. I understand your reasoning for staying However I do question what your landlord would do if anything serious ever happened. I'm sorry I just don't buy the boiler bit, If your boiler is installed correctly it will work, end of, unless there is actually a fault with the boiler itself. Good luck with the gas engineer I think we will all be interested to know his findings

Last edited:
130729a782c9a00b3f3cf5d265a60e.jpg

08d53ea4ab33fa89a4396cfde0542f.jpg

Not true. I didn't give permission and there certainly are gas safe issues, e.g. leaks, position, Reg 28 etc.
Its not your house to decide - it seems your a council tennant.
You want to make decisions about a property - buy one

Last edited by a moderator:
And its the middle of winter lol

Ive got all my windows closed.

Aren't you a sleuth AleX. Asking on an American forum probably wasn't the Best option

You are a tenant so it's basically nothing to do with you. If your neighbour wanted access they would approach your landlord or worst case go to court to gain access. Bottom line is you are not in a position to stop them.

Go buy yourself a flue gas analyser and take readings at your window.

However I would recommend directing your frustrations at something you are able to influence. Lifes too short.

I get the point Riley. The boiler meets specs. The facts on the ground are the plumes does not disperse as it used to. I will defo let you know the outcome with engineer.
Have you anything to say about the neighbours flue not being properly upright due to a too short upper bracket. The elbow joint does not look like it's meant to take the strain and the outer seal to the wall is distorted because the top is bent in and the bottom is being pulled out showing the whole fixture is being pulled up because the flue extension is acting like a lever. IMHO this looks like the integrity of the joint has been jeopardised and that is where the leak of condensate from the air intake is coming from. I guess after so long the components would be classed as unfit for purpose and require attention including a longer upper bracket and the exhaust elbows and seals would need to replaced.
The Installer should have not made this mistake and if the flue had been in a positon where it was readily accessible for inspection and maintenance (Reg28) the problem could have been identified and fixed a long time ago. I suppose that's why good old reg28 was made. It's OK I understand you do not critisize fellow engineers and don't miss an opportunity to critisize anyone who does (I am refering to others comments about me not yours, some quite harse) but when such a blatantly bad job is done then it really aught to be a matter for a website devoted to a well respected profession to do something or say something as it reflects on you all when cowboys are out there.

We can and often doo criticise other engineers. Move on

But you are coming across a proper bell and you now need to move on.

Your going round in circles.
You have been on to the council and they have sent you packing. Move on.

You have no practical appreciation of what you are talking about and you can read the regs till your blue the face but it wont change what you have already been told. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the point Riley. The boiler meets specs. The facts on the ground are the plumes does not disperse as it used to. I will defo let you know the outcome with engineer.
Have you anything to say about the neighbours flue not being properly upright due to a too short upper bracket. The elbow joint does not look like it's meant to take the strain and the outer seal to the wall is distorted because the top is bent in and the bottom is being pulled out showing the whole fixture is being pulled up because the flue extension is acting like a lever. IMHO this looks like the integrity of the joint has been jeopardised and that is where the leak of condensate from the air intake is coming from. I guess after so long the components would be classed as unfit for purpose and require attention including a longer upper bracket and the exhaust elbows and seals would need to replaced.
The Installer should have not made this mistake and if the flue had been in a positon where it was readily accessible for inspection and maintenance (Reg28) the problem could have been identified and fixed a long time ago. I suppose that's why good old reg28 was made. It's OK I understand you do not critisize fellow engineers and don't miss an opportunity to critisize anyone who does (I am refering to others comments about me not yours, some quite harse) but when such a blatantly bad job is done then it really aught to be a matter for a website devoted to a well respected profession to do something or say something as it reflects on you all when cowboys are out there.

I hope you are not feeling hurt and abused. It was only a one night stand. I was drunk. soft music was playing you know how it goes.

Young and needed the work, there's a few on here like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue dripping from exhaust and from air intake. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock