Search the forum,

Discuss Best way of reducing rad. Valve to 10mm in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Which is the best way of reducing a rad. Valve down from 15mm to 10mm. A soldered reducer or an internal reducer?

Attachments

• IMG20230501190403.jpg
    IMG20230501190403.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 26
Long tail soldered reducer better in my opinion

Or a pushfit 15-10 elbow adapter

Thanks as long as the one in my picture. Looks Abit over kill as the olive just need to be back past the shoulder. But that's all my merchants have.

You can cut them down to match the depth of the fitting

Slice or manual cutter eg tighten the wheel etc

Why not buy 10 mm radiator valves? My plumber fitted 10 mm TRVs (Inta I-Therm 10/8mm White Angled TRV 108TRVA) and I later fitted 10 mm lock shields when I replaced the radiators.

Yes but taken 15mm ish off the top

A point nose pliers on the bit your cutting off etc

Don’t worry about the flow, the big restriction is in the valve.
Any of the above methods are fine, it’s just about the aesthetics- which to be honest will be overlooked within a few days !!

Reply to Best way of reducing rad. Valve to 10mm in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock