Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 280
  • Views 26K

Discuss Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not a nice fact. double posted then deleted both posts by accident.

Fact whyme doesnt know his arse from his elbow when it comes to computers. (or plumbing) thought id get there first.

Standardized plumbing can be traced back to around 3,000 B.C. when the Indus River Valley civilization used earthen plumbing pipes to provide transportable water and drain wastes.

The Indian takeaway opposite Albert Gate of Plymouth dockyard is called.....the Indus

Oxford was not bombed in WW2, because Hitler wanted his base there when they invaded.

The Sweeney was brilliant! The Professionals was poo! (Showing my age there)
Mrs. Brown's Boys is in fact a documentary.

A female chimpanzee in a fit of passion has the strength of six men.

In Chester you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight. (old law).!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is still a legal requirement that all hackney carriage vehicles carry a bale of hay

It has NEVER rained in Calama, a town in the Atacama Desert of Chile.

Changing your keeper for the quarter final penalty shootout but not doing it in the semi. Argentina Germany final.

Mind your p's and q's comes from a pub in Manchester, where the bar tender would ask people to mind there pints and quarts while they cleaned the table

Not sure on the distance, but if your live within a certain distance of a church you can be forced to pay for its repairs when needed

Not sure on the distance, but if your live within a certain distance of a church you can be forced to pay for its repairs when needed
On a similar note, can only be considered a true cockney if you could hear the bells of bow, or something like that

Mr freeman of ringwood will never know how much joy he has brought to the plumbers of the UK :D

If you go to germany and fancy a dip in the pool you have to wear budgie smugglers as they reckon its less disturbing to kids than shorts which allow 'movement'

If you go to germany and fancy a dip in the pool you have to wear budgie smugglers as they reckon its less disturbing to kids than shorts which allow 'movement'
Finally a place I won't be persecuted when I swim

Ray, loving the fact this is still going

The saying " a cock and bull story" comes from 2 pubs/coach houses the cock and the bull in Stony Stratford. They used to try and out do each other with wild claims. As they are on the original roman road from london heading north (now the A5) the stories spread and the saying was born.

So, no pool game tonight and the lads decided we would have a practise night. We need it. There was a group of young lasses in all night. We fed the juke box with all the best songs we could, they never moved. Stuvk a quid in and put on wombles -minuetto allegretto, black lace -agadoo, spitting image -chicken song, captain sensible -happy talk and Jason Derulo ft Snoop Dogg -wiggle. Well the place was a bouncing.

So the pointless fact of the day.

Many a good tune to be playec on an old fiddle :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock