Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 280
  • Views 26K

Discuss Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Switzerland, it is illegal to mow your front lawn while you're dressed as Elvis

Don`t worry you haven`t got any.

I think you are trying to confuse me? WHY, I ask? He said 5/4 people do not understand fractions?
Now, I know I am dyxlexics, but how do you get Five out of FOUR people not understanding this fracteous???? Regardless of what fracting is, the analogy has 4 people. So where did 5 out of 4 came from? I am confused, very confused.
Where is that bottle of Rum. I need a drink, badly.

Sorry mate just my sense of humour and drinking Rum will only make it more confusing for you lol

Sorry mate just my sense of humour and drinking Rum will only make it more confusing for you lol

You are right.
I think Ray is to blame for all this confusion he has let loose on an unsuspecting public. :)
He has a lot to answer for.

Right-handed people live, on average; nine years longer than left handed people

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Plumbers have more time on there hands than most.

90% of pharmaceuticals taken by people are excreted through urination. Therefore our sewer systems contain heavy dose of drugs. A recent study by the EPA has found fish containing trace amounts of estrogen, cholesterol-lowering drugs, pain relievers, antibiotics, caffeine and even anti-depressants.

During World War 2, the British Minister of food considered a plan to feed the population with black pudding - secretly made from surplus human blood bank donations.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

There are 2 types of politician,
1. Those that don't know, and
2. Those that don't know that they don't know.

Standardized plumbing can be traced back to around 3,000 B.C. when the Indus River Valley civilization used earthen plumbing pipes to provide transportable water and drain wastes.

The flushing toilet was invented by John Harrington in 1596, which is where we get the nickname “the John.” We also call the toilet “the crapper” because of Thomas Crapper, who widely increased the popularity of it.

The word “plumber” comes from the Latin word “plumbum,” which means “lead.”

Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest

During World War 2, the British Minister of food considered a plan to feed the population with black pudding - secretly made from surplus human blood bank donations.
Wow... that's a creepy but good one. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The average bottle of wine uses between 500 - 750 grapes to produce.

An Epicurean is a person who derives sensual pleasure from food and/or drink (Croppy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock