Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 280
  • Views 26K

Discuss Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
King George II died falling off a toilet on the 25th of October 1760

The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet

Argos wad founded by the same chap that created 'green shield stamps'

Anyone remember dashboards and ashtrays in cars and vans overflowing with reams and reams of practically worthless stamps lol

Argos wad founded by the same chap that created 'green shield stamps'

Anyone remember dashboards and ashtrays in cars and vans overflowing with reams and reams of practically worthless stamps lol

Not that I have ever smoked, but embassy points :)

The toilet handle in a public restroom can have up to 40,000 germs per square inch.

The first toilet cubicle in a row is the least used (and consequently cleanest)

The toilet handle in a public restroom can have up to 40,000 germs per square inch.

Thats alright, because my hands have double that by the time my finger has pushed through the tissue paper bog roll used in a public loo.

Reminds me of the greaseproof paper you were supposed to wipe your backside at school with.

Thats alright, because my hands have double that by the time my finger has pushed through the tissue paper bog roll used in a public loo.

Reminds me of the greaseproof paper you were supposed to wipe your backside at school with.
Ha ha we used to call that grease prooof paper stuff 'john Wayne bogroll' cos its rough, tough and takes shyt from no man' :D

kay-jay673447 said:
Ha ha we used to call that grease prooof paper stuff 'john Wayne bogroll' cos its rough, tough and takes shyt from no man' :D

LOL. What was it? San Izal rings a bell for some reason.

Yes it was called izal. Iirc it was one of the first products to undergo a pointless name change. Think it was changed to just zal

As a kid it made decent tracing paper

And yes its still available albeit without the antiseptic smell.
Who on earth would use this stuff in this day and age.

Sadistic so and so''s:D

The Roman army didn’t have toilet paper so they used a water soaked sponge on the end of a stick instead! hope stick wasnt sharp

Your right zeb i bet they did if sponges were in low supply ooooch

In a typical home, more than 9,000 gallons of water are wasted while running the tap waiting for hot water. As much as 15% of your annual water heating costs can be wasted heating this extra 9,000 gallons.

Not sure on the distance, but if your live within a certain distance of a church you can be forced to pay for its repairs when needed

It's not distance. It applies to properties built on former monastic land that may have chancel repair liabilities. You can take out insurance against it.

Ray stafford, to be forced to buy a drink for every member of UKPF as a result of starting a Post that will never end?????
That will teach him:)

One of the most popular threads on a plumbing forum has nothing to do with plumbing, but does prove plumbers have far too much pointless facts!

Most American car horns honk in the key of F.

A pig's ****** lasts for 30 minutes.

That's for numerous reasons though :wink:

See Ray this could easily make 300 posts

Chinese proverb

Man with big tool is a very lucky man so long as he can use tool.
If he cannot use said tool then he himself becomes tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock