Search the forum,
  • Thread starter on31ll
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 3K

Discuss Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were trying to be diplomatic and nice out of respect

Isnt everything built off the back of a discussion though? Sometimes its good to have a different set of views and opinions thrown in the mix otherwise it just becomes a dictatorship.

Well ive spoke to colin and have heard his side am i allowed to paste it in here or os that gonna get me in trouble ?

The decision has been made and personally I don't wanna read what he's said I can see it all in the global heating on face book, unfortunately he started the post and has barred me so I can't reply.
Which says it all for me

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the need. We don't need bad feeling and negative vibes.

I already think theres a vibe ! The lads want to know whats gone on ! To nearly everyone its a shock and cane from out of the blue

and now that people dont want it talked about and mods seem to be shushing it ! Well closing threads etc before hand just seems odd ? If all this has happend in past where you guys waiting for us to say oh wheres system3 ?

I would like to know, Colin is obviously a very knowledgeable guy and was very helpful in the forum, it is just a forum to discuss and be open.

Well ive spoke to colin and have heard his side am i allowed to paste it in here or os that gonna get me in trouble ?

I dont see the need. If you are ok with Colins words then thats fine but repeating them here is only going to cause a fuss. Surely there are plumbing matters that need hearing rather than tell taleing.
If anyone feels the need to know then I suggest they contact Colin direct, I would rather the mods and everyone else keep this civil. I have explained this has come about and its already starting to eat into my time.

I dont see the need. If you are ok with Colins words then thats fine but repeating them here is only going to cause a fuss. Surely there are plumbing matters that need hearing rather than tell taleing.
If anyone feels the need to know then I suggest they contact Colin direct, I would rather the mods and everyone else keep this civil. I have explained this has come about and its already starting to eat into my time.

But colins words aside how long was it gonna be before we were told ? Like i said just waiting for us all to ask ? Closed 3 threads for specualating just a) looks a bit guilty of somthing and b) is bull**** ! If we took all the specualtion out of this forum half the threads in the arms wouldnt exist ! For example i bet you hes an engineer ? ?

Personally any issues I had with Colin were between me and him. out of respect for the guy not being able to answer now I won't be airing those issues!

Rest assured though that there will be no changes in the way the UKPF is run, there's no secret police, spetnatz, reds in the bed or anything else that concerns you. No one needs to watch their backs.

Personally any issues I had with Colin were between me and him. out of respect for the guy not being able to answer now I won't be airing those issues!

Rest assured though that there will be no changes in the way the UKPF is run, there's no secret police, spetnatz, reds in the bed or anything else that concerns you. No one needs to watch their backs.

Except villatom...

Just all very very suspicious ! Never seen any threads handled like they have been before !

Just all very very suspicious ! Never seen any threads handled like they have been before !

Because it's unprecedented, unexpected and clearly emotive. As said before it wasn't taken lightly nor with any joy.

I don't think anyone thinks that they need to watch their back or anything like that.

From my point of view and I'm sure its what others think, it would be better to know why or what he disagreed on.

Whats happened so far is an announcement has been made that says he's left and when people ask why they just get told "don't bother asking"

its only human nature to be nosey and want to know why, but in this case I think its mre than justified as he was a massive part of the forum and helped a lot of people and his knowledge can't ever be replaced really.

Exactly ! If you guys wanted to get rid of sombody on the forum you could just do it and then make an announcement in a few weeks when sombody asks sa

Sayin oh he left for personal reasons !

And still nobody will answer when we were going to be told !

Agree with VT here and on311.

It's left a sour taste in the forum in my opinion that someone who gives so much to the forum be erased just like that.

never seen that happen before and seems a bit over regulated to me.

Think this changes the forum really ! No change in how ukpf is run well theres a mod/member gone that was a top poster and a help to forum ! He helped many with logos and business cards etc along with other stuff

This cant just be swept under carpet or forgotton about ! Its kinda serious and theres people shocked and concerned with the forum !

This forum has changed ! Your not even arsed that a forum member has said people may walk from the forum ! Your basically holding the door open !

I don't think its that mate, honestly I don't.

Whats he meant to do? He's not going to beg someone to stay is he?

This forum has changed ! Your not even arsed that a forum member has said people may walk from the forum ! Your basically holding the door open !

No one is forcing anyone to log in and enjoy the forum , if you don't like what's happened then that is your issue not ours , we dont want anyone to leave but understand some of you are close to Colin but AGAIN you don't see what has been happening off the open forum that doesn't concern you

I don't think its that mate, honestly I don't.

Whats he meant to do? He's not going to beg someone to stay is he?

Answer peoples questions ? State reasons ? People want to know ! Last time yoube seen 3 threads closed about one subject ? 1 thread about where system is ! One joking about where system is then third about the threads being closed !

Last time you seen dan close a thread ?

And then they'll get over it and move on with their lives!

As I said, I want people to stay but if they want to leave, if they feel this is no longer the place for them, then yes, I will hold the door open for them, wish them well and wave goodbye.

What a shame that its come to this. I don't know the full story, but personally I liked Colin and appreciated his knowledge and input. Seems very drastic to ban a MOD like this. I know from reading the FB page that he certainly feels victimised by it. Which isn't nice to read at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your hour is up !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock