Discuss Triton shower heater kettling query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Ill do the temperature difference Chuck also check flow rate and physical water pressure. Note we have a TW10i on the same water main with no issues.

The 3 phase is not full 3 phase, only a single phase is live as they havent upgraded the tranformer yet. We are PME for the earth. Ive Fluke multi meter.

If I turn the shower temperature down the kettling decreases. Cold water flow, no kettling.
If the above is a actual shower then a thermal cut out (TCO) will trip the power at 48C if the flow rate is too low or the power too high and the water will then run hot & cold, if the temperature reaches a still higher temperature then the TCO will trip and won't reset and has to be renewed, if the temperature is constant looks like something in the water.

If the above is a actual shower then a thermal cut out (TCO) will trip the power at 48C if the flow rate is too low or the power too high and the water will then run hot & cold, if the temperature reaches a still higher temperature then the TCO will trip and won't reset and has to be renewed, if the temperature is constant looks like something in the water.
Yes has been tested I have a Metro RCD tester with croc clips in this case. It passes and disconnects, plus phase is correct.

Water temperature is constant.

We are in a software area. If it was water related I think the Triton TW 10i on the same water main would have shown issues too, it hasnt.

Did you ever measure the actual flow rate?

IIRC, the T100XR has a water filter on its inlet. This needs to be cleaned periodically. When was this last done?

If I turn the shower temperature down the kettling decreases. Cold water flow, no kettling.
A flow test may show up something in view of the above.
Don't know what the shower output is, have done a few calcs based on my mains temp of 8C

KW/showertempdegC/flowrate LPM

8.5/40/3.8
8.5/45/3.3
9.0/40/4.0
9.0/45/3.5
9.5/40/4.3
9.5/45/3.7

Reply to Triton shower heater kettling query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is my first post, it might be a bit long because im trying to put all the info which could be relevant but i'll try to avoid waffling on...
Replies
Views
ok had a new unvented tank fitted and system changed from gravity to fully pumped. initially the plumber connected to the original gravity...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
I MOVED INTO MY NEW HOME 3YRS AGO AND IN THE BATHROOM WAS A TRITON T80SI. THIS WAS EXISTING AND AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF MOVING IN THE SHOWER BURNT...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock