Discuss can anyone help me solve a shower problem? its driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a 8.5kw shower won't work ie low pressure why would a 9.5kw?????????[/QUOTE

the answer to that comes at year 22

you must have to much time on your hands. I tried the 9.5kw as I had one in stock and I am simply asking fellow plumbers for a bit of advice. you obviously do not have anything positive to say here so kindly move on to someone that's interested in your sarcastic remarks and leave me to communicate with level headed plumbers that are willing to help me out here. PS if you need any more info on the triton t8si "PUMPED SHOWER" most plumbers learn about this in year 1. goggle it and you will be educated from there. unfortunately I cannot paste a link for you as its forbidden on this site but I am sure you will find it if you look correctly.
now you and your immature mate can go on your jollies to where the sun don't shine

Well most power shower need a minimum 1 bar pressure to start with - it may be your mains pressure is uncommonly low for some reason . . .

Are you sure it is mains otherwise the power showers would work?

The Triton states in the manual that you invalidate the guarantee if you connect it to the mains anyway, I do not understand quite frankly . . . .

Something is not right that's for certain - you must have checked your mains pressure surely when these issues started?

The only thing I can think is that the connection you think is mains, isn't . . .. Nothing else makes sence!

thank you. yeh I HAVE CHECKED THE MAINS ETC AND YOUR RIGHT NOTHING IS MAKING SENSE HERE THATS WHY I TRIED THIS forum A COUPLE OF PEOPLE ARE HELPING.
I AM POSITIVE THIS IS MAINS AND NOT STORAGE ALTHOUGH IT IS LOW MAINS PRESSURE. I KNOW I HAVE INVALIDATED THE GUARANTEE AS WELL THANKS BUT I HAD TO TRY SOMETHIN. THINK I AM JUST GONNA GO WITH A MIXER SHOWER NOW AND CUT MY LOSSES ON THE TILING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT ANYWAY BUT TO BE HONEST I HAVE JUST RECENTLY JOINED
KIND REGARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol hopefully ull get a warm shower soon. Nowt wrong with mixer showers :)

I am not saying goggle how to do it. (YOUR REALLY SAD WITH THESE REMARKS) but I will talk you through it.
1. try to take this in "IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PASTE A LINK ON THIS FORUM FOR YOU TO LOOK AT"
2. open a tab on your computer for goggle.
3. search for "triton t80 si pumped" (not DIY but the official sales page for triton showers)
4. click on the official triton website and look at the t80 si pumped
5. try and absorb into your sarcastic brain what you see
6. realise your full of mince and no one really cares about your snide comments
7. hey presto you did it. your now one of millions that realise triton actually do have a t80 si that is pumped.
8. move on to your next victim

God this guy is moody, payed him a compliment now hes having a go. Must be because of his 20+ years of experience
Also i said nothing about pumped or mains shower. You said you've tested the mains and i asked " HOW MUCH BAR DID IT READ? "
Your getting me mixed with someone else

Ecowarm and plum bob said your shower isnt pumped. Get your facts right

the triton t80 si shower needs to be feed from a tank not the mains mate dont know if you already this but there you go.

Hence this fine copy and past:

Performance
The T80si Pumped is a tank fed integral pumped electric shower designed for installations where the pressure of the mains water supply is too low, unreliable or non-existent. It can therefore be used in locations unsuitable for normal electric showers. This remarkable problem-solving shower is fed from your cold water tank which can be as little as 8cm above the unit.

another thing if your mains pressure is to low a mixer shower will be psshhh to and therefore need a pump and suitable sized tanks installed.

I fit a triton t90xr pumped to a farmhouse with low incoming main (0.8Bar). I called triton to make sure it was the right one to use and they confident. 2 years later its still going fine.

You can fix these pumped showers by replacing the pump or the carbon brushes most of the time.

Take the shower off the wall, make sure all the valves are fully open, and using a bucket measure the flow, i.e. how many litres per minute. Then get on the phone to Triton technical advice and they will tell you whether it's worth fitting another shower on that feed, and if so, which one.

Customer Service Information

Obstruction in the water main or just generaly low pressure. Have the same problem in the house ive just purchased. Going to do total strip out, new mains pipe and hopefully unvented system if I can achieve pressure and volume.

known it before,
flush downstairs toilet and the shower cuts off.
pipe as first draw off sorted.

low pressure/damaged pipe work.

you must have to much time on your hands. I tried the 9.5kw as I had one in stock and I am simply asking fellow plumbers for a bit of advice. you obviously do not have anything positive to say here so kindly move on to someone that's interested in your sarcastic remarks and leave me to communicate with level headed plumbers that are willing to help me out here. PS if you need any more info on the triton t8si "PUMPED SHOWER" most plumbers learn about this in year 1. goggle it and you will be educated from there. unfortunately I cannot paste a link for you as its forbidden on this site but I am sure you will find it if you look correctly.
now you and your immature mate can go on your jollies to where the sun don't shine

Ok Del Boy, apologies if my comment offended you., guess its time to move on. I have fitted the said Triton pumped shower so you were quite right, but i seemed to remember it was the ts80. Try having a a word with the Mira people, because i seem to remember they do a shower which is specific to low incoming mains pressure.

known it before,
flush downstairs toilet and the shower cuts off.
pipe as first draw off sorted.

low pressure/damaged pipe work.

listen to this! Had my self on a Mira sport, found nearly closed ball valve tiled over!
DIY disaster zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can anyone help me solve a shower problem? its driving me mad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back