Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone - just out of interest can anyone on the trade 4 trade skills course tell me how long they had to wait for the call after requesting information?? put a request in for some information 2 weeks ago and heard nothing back - phoned them again and some lady told me that there was nothing more they could do! all i want is information about the cost and what qualification you actually get after you finish... anyone got any ideas??

They took a few weeks to get back to me - out of the blue phone call.
For £5570, you get what they call distance learning. Studying and all the books/dvd to do at home, submit your TMA`s and then book for when you feel your ready to do the practical of that TMA.

7hrs study per week = NVQ level 2 in 2yrs or
14hrs study per week = NVQ level 2 in 1yr is what I was told, as long as you pass etc.

For the £5570, you will get NVQ level 2 & 3, solar heating, part p and something else from what I can remember.

For £5570, you get what they call distance learning. Studying and all the books/dvd to do at home, submit your TMA`s and then book for when you feel your ready to do the practical of that TMA.

14hrs study per week = NVQ level 2 in 1yr is what I was told, as long as you pass etc.

For the £5570, you will get NVQ level 2 & 3, solar heating, part p and something else from what I can remember.

hi i was told you would be away for two weeks monday to friday
That is the final 2 weeks to get your full qualification. You spend it in a house and have to do everything - central heating install, solar panels, boiler, bathroom etc

Last edited by a moderator:

hi, did you do the course in the end?? cheers.:rolleyes:

It was recently someone came round.
Some thing`s just didn`t add up right, like the interest free loan.

I was very dubious when they said a place had become available and I had to let them know within a few days. The practical sessons run all the time on a bookable scheme.

Also, some of the modules in level 2, that I think are un-necessary. ie: web site, business banking, book keeping, defining sales, topics for expansion to name a few.

Don`t get me wrong, it`d look great on paper after getting qualified, but it`s not relevant for me.

Hi all
Thanks for the advice especially Johnmess - very wise. I've looked into the train4trades & was a bit concerned to finde that they are run by the scheidegger group who are apparently being investigated by watchdog. Dunno much more but have asked about & found enough out to put me off.
Cheers all
wyng

train 4 trade skills, whats the problem???

i signed up for the "full scope" train for trade skills course last saturday. i read all the comments on this site and was extremely weary about committing myself to the course. members on this site were saying things like "they pluck prices out of the air" and " i dont think these qualifications mean anything". i paid £4900 for the city and guilds 6129 technical certificate training, also city and guilds 6129 level 3, nvq 2 training and assesments and nvq 3 training and assesments, i also get electrical training (part p) and water regulations certificate and a few other certificates included in this price. along with all this i get 12 weeks practicle training in a city and guils approved centre. i have a tutor on the other end of the phone, and virtual reality training on the pc. the guy came round and had a folder with prices in it, he said it would be £5770 on finance or £4900 paid up front, it was a no-brainer for me as i had the money to pay. i dont see how this is a fast track way to becoming a plumber,you revise in your own time, it saves you waiting around for your one day of college a week, its the exact same qualifications as you get in colleges, the difference being you get adults on these courses who are 100% committed to learning as they pay thousands for it and at the end of it you get a plumber who is pretty much ready to go out and work. ill end with this, to companies that say they wont employ people who have been on these courses i am asking you why not?? surely its better than taking on an apprentice giving your money away for them doing nothing!! im sure it would be better to take someone on thats done these courses as they already have a lot of practical and thoretical knowledge that would benifit your company.. its going to take me 24-36 months to be nvq3 qualified, i am 23 years old at the moment so will be around 25 when fully qualified.

Re: train 4 trade skills, whats the problem???

rah! rah!
check out these in cost from high to low.

1, reactafast about £8,000+ = intensive with offers franchise etc

2, t4ts varies between £4,500 to £5,950 plumbing learning for 'dummies' = from
scratch ie no tool skills.

3, plumbing career academy, about £2,250 = theory training to nvq3 6128 gas route, pay as you need it workshop training inc weekends, plus support. good for diy'er.

all diferent, find someone who has actually done it and follow the same course as them for referal then you cant go to wrong.

hi there bcharalambous, I think the problem is that it seems alot of these people doing these fast track courses think that they can learn all there is to know about plumbing and these fast track plumbers think they can go land a job on full rate, alot of plumbers won't give people who have only done a course a chance because of there unrealistic expectations. Everyone in the game knows it takes years on the tools to be of a good standard, so the idea of these people thinking they know it all gets peoples backs up. I think that if you sent out cv's to plumbing firms and say your on a course but are willing to work as a plumbers mate to help kick start your plumbing carear you should stand a good chance of employment, over time you will progress from mate to improver to plumber, evan if you pass a course in twelve weeks you will still not be of standard to be classed as a plumber, you say it will take you a couple of years before you get qualified so it would be ideal to get related employment to run alongside it

:eek:
Hi,

Kinda new to all this Forum stuff. Like a lot of you I would like to try something new and being pretty handy and practical I think that I would enjoy plumbing and be able to make a living at it. The big question , what course and who with ?

What decided you to go with T4TS as opposed to another outfit for example OLCI that I have tracked down ?

Is it financial, better course material or they are convenient for the training workshop or non of the above ?

Can you or anyone give me any pointers, OLCI have a workshop assessment centre on my doorstep but I do not think the course material looks as comprehensive as the T4TS. Then again that might just be presentation.

i went with t4ts for many reasons, the training centre for the practical is a 15 min drive away, the price was very good, it did not seem fast track like the others. the method of learning for the c and g 6129 seems a lot more thorough. i did not like the way the other companies took £5000 off you, take you on a 10 week training course and send you on your way. i would no way feel confident enough to go out and work after a 10 week course, therefore it would be a complete waste of money. by looking through the modules i have already i can see how much there is to learn. at the end of the day these companies are only open to make money, otherwise they would not bother, you have to respect that, its like any other buisiness's. like every other buisiness they offer a product or service in return for your money, you only hand your money over if you want that product or service. if you want to do plumbing i would advise you to go for it, whatever company you go with, these people would not be in buisiness if what they were offering was not as they advertise, trading standards would be on thier case like flies on dog sh**.

hi there bcharalambous, I think the problem is that it seems alot of these people doing these fast track courses think that they can learn all there is to know about plumbing and these fast track plumbers think they can go land a job on full rate, alot of plumbers won't give people who have only done a course a chance because of there unrealistic expectations. Everyone in the game knows it takes years on the tools to be of a good standard, so the idea of these people thinking they know it all gets peoples backs up. I think that if you sent out cv's to plumbing firms and say your on a course but are willing to work as a plumbers mate to help kick start your plumbing carear you should stand a good chance of employment, over time you will progress from mate to improver to plumber, evan if you pass a course in twelve weeks you will still not be of standard to be classed as a plumber, you say it will take you a couple of years before you get qualified so it would be ideal to get related employment to run alongside it
thanks for the advice plumbster,and i understand what you are saying. you would have to be a mug if you thought you would earn top dollar after doing a 10-12 week course. i just want the qualifications under my belt first, as much experience as possible and then i would be happy being employed or self employed earning between £18000 and £30000 after being time served (4-10 years). im realistic!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock