Search the forum,

Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay away from them,its all bull***t.

I had someone who came to visit me yesterday, I was all up for it,sold it to me very well and sounded to good to be true.

I was due a second visit this evening, but after reading all this I canx straight away, so looks like ive saved some money.

Thanks

I had someone who came to visit me yesterday, I was all up for it,sold it to me very well and sounded to good to be true.

I was due a second visit this evening, but after reading all this I canx straight away, so looks like ive saved some money.

Thanks

Not always as bad as everyone makes out mate! I doin t4ts course and I think it's fine! Not been mis sold one thing and I getin level 2+3 tech cert and this leads on to nvq 2+3 best thing I have done!

Not always as bad as everyone makes out mate! I doin t4ts course and I think it's fine! Not been mis sold one thing and I getin level 2+3 tech cert and this leads on to nvq 2+3 best thing I have done!

did they tell you the quals you are on are out of date?

To be honest fuzzy I started b4 they went out of date and whilst at jtl which is the main training provider they said the quals just bein super seeded? Basically they still recognised but u can't enrol as new from this september

Re: t4t skills

i tryrd 2 do the cold water system check clicked on every thing under the sink but not leting me do it done every thing els just the system check doing me head in know lyk can u help out

To be honest fuzzy I started b4 they went out of date and whilst at jtl which is the main training provider they said the quals just bein super seeded? Basically they still recognised but u can't enrol as new from this september

so u doing this with jtl or t4ts?

coz its an odd set up, you enrol and pay t4ts and they pay jtl to do the on site assessments.

coz its an odd set up, you enrol and pay t4ts and they pay jtl to do the on site assessments.

Yeah a bit strange considering all the paperwork and workbooks are supplied by jtl! Sorry when I said practical work I meant atl! Typo! Very good training though

I've nearly finished a T4TS plumbing course. My advice to anyone taking this up is to take your time with learning and also always ask others for advice on things that don't sink in. I have a friend who started the course the same time as me and finished it in about 8months, problem being is that he doesn't actually know anything and frequently rings me for advice, and I'm not even qualified yet:).
If you do decide you want to be a plumber and you have a mortgage and all that bollox this is a good way of getting into it. But it ain't cheap and you reallly need to be willing to start up on your own once you have finished. I'd even go on to say make sure you check all the options available too you before making the decision to go with these guys, you may find there's other options which would suit you better. I did T4TS because my local college doesn't do a plumbing course.
One last thing if you do it this way be prepared to learn a lot of lessons after you have finished, see it as like when you passed your driving test, you may be able to drive but you've got a lot of driving to do before you become good at it.

Re: t4t skills

i tryrd 2 do the cold water system check clicked on every thing under the sink but not leting me do it done every thing els just the system check doing me head in know lyk can u help out

Explore further under the sink to the extreme left where you will find two washing machine connection taps

Hi Guys.

Is it worth doing the train 4 trade course? I'm really interested in becoming a plumber but have read mixed reviews? Any plumbers out there that would take someone on who'd done the course.
Also do you get all the qualifications you need?

Cheers. So what exactly do I need? Can you reccomend anywhere to train. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

how can a centre only be registered for the 6129 and not the nvq 6089!!! 6129 is only half the qual!

6127 9836 7428 what ever

any ? be it this or any other - if you follow the road for long enough as an apprentice or not it becomes your road, like it or not its your road , its what you do. either way to be any good you have to know when you can and know when you can not.

If you know all the answers.

You don't know all the questions

rant over

they shouldnt be allowed to only offer the 6129 because it isnt a full qual, it misleads people into think they are qualified, how often do you hear people say they have their city and guilds, it could be anything! doesnt mean its a worthwhile qual.

roads??? we are on about quals, someone who does it without the quals is a plummbers mate, like it or o your a plumbers mate ie. unqualified

I am glad I found this thread particularly because I first registered to reply to another thread on the forum from someone who says their name is joanna calling t4ts a scam. I have seen lots of similar postings on various boards and forums as the starter to new threads all using similar phrases. Most, I reckon are nothing more than spoof postings from people with an agenda, maybe even a bit of stirring from rival companies. My experiences with this company (got nvq2, into gas on nvq3) have been totally different from the impressions given by these posters. The stuff I read and the claims made are just idiotic. Take a look at some of them and ask yourselves "is that right or might they just be less bright than they thought they were or just looking for an excuse to back out because money got tighter?"
Check them out and make your own mind up on the validity but base it on the facts. The company responds to enquiries so someone must have requested details either from a flyer, tv advert, jobsearch site or jobcentre. I found them on totaljobs. Then they will have had a phone call to check if enquiry genuine and a few questions are asked before deciding if an appointment is needed to give details of course and to check if the person is suitable. At the interview stage I was asked all sorts of questions about my motivations and reasons to want to be a plumber, what i was doing, looking for workwise, what my plans were if i got the course and a good amount of detail to make sure i really wanted to change my direction in life by retraining. Then the guy explained how the studies were done so i could decide if the training methods suited me. I saw a dvd showing me the facilities and the 3d software. Then, when I said it looked right for me he explained prices and explained how the funding worked. I knew how much in total, at zero percent, how much a month and over how long. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. When i agreed to go ahead (two days later after researching) I gave details for a credit search but since i was unemployed i couldnt expect a main bank to help so i was accepted by another provider who still took me on to help me even though my rating was fairly poor. Couldnt have done it otherwise and certainly not in one go. Paid my registration fee of £100 and got my course starter. Havent looked back, good support, easy way to get the same qualifications as college but to nvq3 which they dont do at a normal college. NO CON NO SCAM

As a 26 yr old man i was looking into this. I must say, however, that you are the most blatent jobsworth employee or maybe higher up? Anyway i will read on tomorrow but just read that and thought what a D£$% so thought i'd register lol.

dont do nvq3 at a college? are you mad? of course they do, i have several colleges within a 30minles radius all of which do l3, gas, water regs etc etc

hi,i believe i have been mis sold a plumbing course with t4ts,i wrote them a letter bout this n that they've replied with there own letter and a copy of the credit agreement and after looking at the one i have to the the one they sent i can see they have forged a signature onto there's thats not on my original copy,could some1 please tell me what rights i have about this,if i have any?

I've nearly finished a T4TS plumbing course. My advice to anyone taking this up is to take your time with learning and also always ask others for advice on things that don't sink in. I have a friend who started the course the same time as me and finished it in about 8months, problem being is that he doesn't actually know anything and frequently rings me for advice, and I'm not even qualified yet:).
If you do decide you want to be a plumber and you have a mortgage and all that bollox this is a good way of getting into it. But it ain't cheap and you reallly need to be willing to start up on your own once you have finished. I'd even go on to say make sure you check all the options available too you before making the decision to go with these guys, you may find there's other options which would suit you better. I did T4TS because my local college doesn't do a plumbing course.
One last thing if you do it this way be prepared to learn a lot of lessons after you have finished, see it as like when you passed your driving test, you may be able to drive but you've got a lot of driving to do before you become good at it.

Totally agree!

I started this course in April 2009, and like anyone, had some reservations regarding t4ts as a company and whether I had done the right thing. One thing however is, I never entered in to it under any illusion it was a fast track or quick fix to my Plumbing career. There is no doubt that hard work and discipline is required to get through the material. Especially when I am trying to do this around a 1yr old and a 4yr old! It takes organisation and determination. Particuarly as there is quite a lot of theory to get through before you even put your hands on any tools.
The course, in my opinion gives you the foundations and rightly said that you will only start to learn once you get out there.
Admittedly I am only a 3rd of the way through due to my family committments (would have liked to have been two 3rd's through by now) and am due to attend my first 2 weeks practical next week. I guess that will be where I make my final judgements on t4ts as a company. Its one thing talking on the phone and another seeing for myself!
Some of the diagrams in the books are a bit naf, and plenty of typing errors but the message is till getting through!
I also looked at college but it was restrictive and split up in too many sections.
I am luckier than most in that I have the support of a husband working full time an earning well, so my income wil be a bonus, allowing me the freedom to establish myself slowly and correctly.
I have spoken to local plumbers who are very supportive, and positive there is plenty of work out there 'if you want it'. I have also offered as a kind of labourer/junior with no pay initially just to help me get a bit of hands on and this has also been welcomed.
As far as t4ts as a company so far (and I can be a harsh critic) they seem good. Although I would like maybe a quartly or half yearly call from someone just to show a bit of support and interest in me as an individual. And someone does need to address the typing and quality of the diagram in the books! And for the 3d scenarios, they are a little tedious to say the least. Nothing like the real thing really.
Despite this, I am still very positive and looking to the future. I am hoping to complete my assessments etc by this time next year, but thats the good thing about it being at your own pace....
mrsPlumb

everything,the whole course just seems like a scam!.the bloke who comes round is just a hard seller and makes out the course is gonna be the best thing i can do,when infact its just a pile of crap,plus they neva sent a 2nd copy of the cancelation rights like they say and i've asked for some proof of posting but not heard anything yet.

Has anyone else received a letter asking them to pay an additional £1000 to complete the first part of the course?

Apparently this is to cover new regulations introduced in August 2009. And considering its now April 2011, why has it taken around 18 months to bother to tell me?

Needless to say, they have a letter of complaint on the way asking for a full refund

Not holding much hope for my money back but im going to give it a damn good try

Definitely not had a letter and if they did get one there is not much hope of them getting it!

Hi Bill, hope by now you have you finished your T4TS plumbing course. Could you please give some advice on this as I am about to go for my first 2 weeks practical training at Southhampton.

I signed up with T4TS last year and was missold the course, the course i thought i was signing up for does not exist and T4TS have basically said tough luck!!!! I can not cancel the course and now have been passed to a debt company by Barclays as am not paying the £135 a month.
Anyone in the same boat or have any advice.

if you feel you have been mis sold the course then this may be false representation as set out under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 s2 (1) innocent misrep, or it may have been made fraudulently - s2 (2) if fraudulent then the Fraud Act 2006 will also apply!

Well the job i do at the moment i have done for 8 years and this year i have had very little work coming in and i have went from around £20,000 per year to around £12,000. Plumbing has always been something i have wanted to do but think now with my work the way it is would be a great time to do it.

The guy who gave me the interview says at the end i would get a NVQ level 1 and 2. Sorry if that information is wrong im just going by what i was told in the interview.
was it a oldish guy in a suit and asked you too play a dvd
and wanted cash allmost on the spot soo he can leave you with the first part of the course lol
same guy came and see me

was it a oldish guy in a suit and asked you too play a dvd
and wanted cash allmost on the spot soo he can leave you with the first part of the course lol
same guy came and see me

Yeah was an oldish bloke called Michael, he told me was only 1 place left on the course and to secure my place i would have to pay £100 and sign the paperwork!!!!

Hi,
I have complete 2 years at college completing city and guilds level 1 & 2. For me to get on to level three I am required to find an apprenticeship and complete so many hours. I am unable to find an apprenticeship after 12months of searching. I have enquired about this Train 4 trade skills and they have said i can go straight on to there course from level 2 costin £5000 which they believe I can complete in 15months and be fully qualified. and NVQ Level 3.
Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock