Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you get some really crap ones like the fast track course's.

I spoke to a T4T rep this morning and he made the course sound fantastic until he wanted me to sign the enrolement forms today and when I said I wanted to think about it he gave me the hardsell 'well there's extremely limited space on the course', 'we strictly vett applicants and if I don't think you'll finish the course I won't put you on it', 'I would do the course myself but I'm not good with my hands'.

Put me right off. I think T4T is very much a fast track course (but the best of a bad bunch), 9mths for NVQ Lv 2 (which is normally 2 years at college) and two years for the whole course..

I'm going to let him down unfortunately, he'll have to earn commission off someone else..

Hi all!

I am a bit shocked to discover no accomodation is provided when you visit a training centre... you would think there would be when you pay that much for the course!
On their website the video speciffically states "the training centre will make the accomodation booking for you, so you don't even have to worry about those logistical details!" Naive of me, maybe, but I thought that would mean it was included in the cost of your course.
From T4TS's website they say " A new centre is soon to be opened in Luton to complement the existing facilities in Southampton Guildford and Leeds."
I'm in the midlands and that's a long way to travel :( Also how long will you be away for- anyone know?
You may have guessed I haven't signed up for it yet and can't wait for the rep to come (see what price they quote me as so many different ones are quoted on this site)!
Out of curiosity can everyone who has signed up tell me how much they have paid as we may be in for a bit of a surprise.
Cheers all!

The rep has come and apparently they now give vouchers for your accomodation (£30 per night) so you can stay where ever you like.
The price differences people are quoting is because you can choose to do level two on its own (around £4000) or up to Level 3 (£5575 I think).
They do train in NVQ and will help you get a place if you need it with a company (to do the NVQ bit that is- not guaranteed a perm job).
She seemed fair and honest enough. Got the usual sales pitch when I said needed to think about it (she said she is not in the area after tomorrow and that it may be a few more months before I can get on the course if I don't let them know by then).
To be fair I would have signed up but can't afford it right now. Having looked into this really hard T4TS would be the one I would go with out of all of them- maybe in the future.
Good luck anyone who is on the course!

I am currently half way through my course with Train 4 Trade skills having recently completed my first two weeks practical training and i have to say i am very disapointed. Allow me to apologise for the length of this thread but trust me its worth a read if your already qualified, thinking of doing one of these courses or fingers crossed you work for City and Guilds.

Firstly allow me to address the main point that is coming from who i assume are experianced plumbers who learnt the old fashioned way. Your quite right you cant learn to be a plumber in what is a very short time, but if like me you know nothing of the trade and you need to change career as you have a family to feed and your current career (Financial Services) is in steep decline then someone telling you in your own home that completion of this course will make you a qualified plumber earning X amount your more than happy to believe them. In fact the high cost of these courses gives the sale pitch more gravity.

I have now realised through research and talking to people (yes i know i should have done this before signing up) that firstly the qualification i will get C & G 6128 is pretty much useless as according to the Governments careers website this qualification doenst build towards the NVQ. Which is a minor point because as far as i was concerned i was going to become a fully qualified plumber. So i'm in the process of trying to get my money back having been missold.

Can i also add what a joke the training is for example during the exams if you didnt know an answer dont worry one of the helpful instructors would pop up and tell you the answer. The scary thing about this is that many of the people on our course spoke little or very broken English and without having the answers told to them wouldnt have had a chance. Imagine that one of these people come to do work on your house. At one stage we confronted one of the trainers and said that we hadnt touched a shower ie installation, maintence, repair etc and we were told 'you fitted a tap, you can fit a shower'. Now i dont know much but i think a power shower or thermostatic shower are a little different from a tap. On our final day we had to finish up our paper work which involved ticking off a sheet saying we'd done all sorts of things we hadn't even talked about. I have a portfolio now, a complete tissue of lies yes i've done some of it but most of it we've not touched. I could go on and dont get me on to health and saftey or the complete lack of it we were never issued with any PPE no talk of fire exits despite a load of amatures using blow torches in flamable surroundings.

I feel sorry for those that have been sold the hope this course offers i feel sorry for decent qualifed plumbers whose qualifications are being erroded by a bunch of incompetants being released into the trade with the same qualifcations as you. i am going to fight trade for trade skills until i get what i want and hope more do the same. I have contacted trading standards who will look into it and was thinking i can imagine this making a good piece on watch dog.

Monstermash

Two questions

One. what center did you go to?

and

Two. Was you on the foundation course with T4TS? becasue if you was, you won't get a 6129 after conpletion. The foundation course they do, dose state that the 6129 is not in with the course, its more on the basic side of plumbing

i think most people here are missing the point..........
you have to start some where, so makes your choice that suits you, stick with it and dont expect to get results for free.
then after getting your quals, choose your path into the industry and you will find what suits your ability. be it installing new boilers at rolls royce or changing a tap washer at your local retirement home as a maintenance guy.
being a plumber is knowing how to plumb 3 types of items, h/c water, waste, fuel, not take columbus into space.

Tottaly agree with REDSAW34. You do have to start some where, Even though you won't get that much respect in the Industry because people like me chose a course like this, instead of going to college, or even doing a apprenticeship. I did apply to a college in my area at frist, But they turnt me away becasue i did'ent sit my GCSE. So i did alot of research and found that T4TS was the best for me. I can understand why these course get most plumber back's up. Because the people on them! They all got the wrong attitude, thinking they can earn 30K a year when they pass, I do find it unbelievable how people can actuary think like that, with not that much experience.

Code:
'well there's extremely limited space on the course', 'we strictly vett applicants and if I don't think you'll finish the course I won't put you on it'
I had exactly the same.

train 4 trade skills scenario 4

hi,
has any one done the scenario 4 of the t4t dvd. yet?.

Re: train 4 trade skills scenario 4

what type of dvd is this.where is its place in relation to training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock