Search the forum,

Discuss Proper panic moment... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Thought I'd lost nearly a grand cash today. Proper sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Horrible, horrible feeling...

But I've eaten now, and calmed down a bit...

So, go on then....

Nothing much to tell mate. Got paid the balance on a bathroom refurb that I finished off today, £960 in twenties. A small bundle in a carrier bag. I shoved it in my trouser pocket and went on to my last job. Checked pocket when I got back in the van and it wasn't there. Proper cacked myself. Turned out it had fallen out of my pocket down the side of the van seat. I really don't take much cash, and when I do, it's little odd jobs that don't need a receipt. I had visions of having to pay it myself to keep the books square. No way the taxman was going to believe I'd lost the cash!

She looks after it all cos i leave it lying all over the place but she doesn't spend it. Only woman i know who hates shopping.

I once many years ago, when i was in my don't give a fak phaze of life, lost nearly 3 grand of cash. Must have fell out my pocket somewhere.
I backtracked for a while looking for it but gave in after an hour and went to the pub and got pished on a tab :17:

I accidentally threw a fiver away once while clearing paper out my pockets.
I'm still regretting that.

I once many years ago, when i was in my don't give a fak phaze of life, lost nearly 3 grand of cash. Must have fell out my pocket somewhere.
I backtracked for a while looking for it but gave in after an hour and went to the pub and got pished on a tab :17:

Once, when I lived in Scotland, I found nearly £3k lying in the gutter.

I stepped over a drunken plumber, trousered the loot, and moved on. I always wondered what happened to that plumber...

Once, when I lived in Scotland, I found nearly £3k lying in the gutter.

I stepped over a drunken plumber, trousered the loot, and moved on. I always wondered what happened to that plumber...

Once a plumbers merchant, always a plumbers merchant. ...

Was in the pub one Saturday night with a group of mates and found my wallet wasn`t in the back pocket when it was my time to buy a round and said my wallets been nicked ffs!

Woke up Sunday to see it on the table - Duh!

Was in the pub one Saturday night with a group of mates and found my wallet wasn`t in the back pocket when it was my time to buy a round and said my wallets been nicked ffs!

Woke up Sunday to see it on the table - Duh!

That old chestnut hey?

I did a job last year, £100, got home not in pocket, job was in Northolt, bit of a trek, back I went & it was still sitting by the gate an hour later

So lucky

No I put any notes straight in wallet rather then pocket

I did a job last year, £100, got home not in pocket, job was in Northolt, bit of a trek, back I went & it was still sitting by the gate an hour later

So lucky

I`d say you were very lucky.

'kinell mate! I think I'd still be looking for it!!!

So lucky

I always put notes in my pocket never carry my wallet too much to loose

I lost £600 cash advance payment on a boiler conversion in Croydon. It took me ewice as long to finish the job (as my heart wasn't in it anymore) and I never finished it to a high standard. Oh that sinking feeling. Why had he given me an envelope full of £50 notes, and he made me sign for it, so I couldn't be brave enough to ask him if he really did give me the money????

20(ish) years ago I was steward of a social club and used to get paid by cash weekly, one sunday night staggered home with my Mrs and my wage, £240 if I remember correctly - I remember the fact that I put it 'somewhere safe' but couldn't remember where. Months went by and still didn't find it, I really thought my Mrs had nicked it or something.
Anyway, we moved out a couple of years later and found it under the telly :)

20(ish) years ago I was steward of a social club and used to get paid by cash weekly, one sunday night staggered home with my Mrs and my wage, £240 if I remember correctly - I remember the fact that I put it 'somewhere safe' but couldn't remember where. Months went by and still didn't find it, I really thought my Mrs had nicked it or something.
Anyway, we moved out a couple of years later and found it under the telly :)

And it was in old notes & worth a tenner!

I watched a women breakdown in tears once 3k in cash for a heating system I was doing went missing the same old put it in a safe place etc. but they were also ripping out the kitchen same weekend she was adamant head just launched down the tip, hubby went off to the tip to raid the bins and she sat sobbing.

I thought I know I'll make her a brew and calm her down low and behold there was an envelope in the tea bag tin with £3k in it!

I thought she was about to pull my trouseres down and burry her head in my groin when I walked in with a cup of tea and that envelope

I would of made her a brew and not mentioned the money. Done the boiler as goodwill. Well worth the advertising she would give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proper panic moment... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock