Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plumber struggling to find work !!!!!! I can't swear on this forum and have been told off already but what planet are you circulating. This sounds like a glorified SEO scam. On day 1 your average 30 quid hourly rate would have to be 60 to cover you and your "admin" get a life . You are not Pimlico Plumbers so would struggle to say the least. I lie awake at night dreaming of being pimped by people like you. Time to do some real work.
wicked man :))

Do you not think it is a risk from your side too? You are going to put all of this time, effort and money into a business, then use a person you barely know as the ambassador for this company. You'd have no idea what this persons capabilities are, how his customer relation skills are and how trustworthy he is.

You can have the best ads and marketing scheme, but if your plumber turns out to be an incompetent oaf, you won't get a lot of repeat business and bad reviews spread like wildfire!

Also I agree with others about the name and logo, it is too gimmicky in my opinion!

Good luck to you in the future, got to say your logo looks like its been lifted out of pathetic sharks from viz

Do you not think it is a risk from your side too? You are going to put all of this time, effort and money into a business, then use a person you barely know as the ambassador for this company. You'd have no idea what this persons capabilities are, how his customer relation skills are and how trustworthy he is.

You can have the best ads and marketing scheme, but if your plumber turns out to be an incompetent oaf, you won't get a lot of repeat business and bad reviews spread like wildfire!

Also I agree with others about the name and logo, it is too gimmicky in my opinion!

I really did think that this original thread was a joke, some people just havent a clue. Another dreamer dreaming of plumbing.

Whatever the opinions here (from all sides), it's going to be interesting looking back at how this business looks a year from now.

For those with strong views on the logo, do you have any suggestions on how I cam improve on the name and logo, what is your company name and logo like. I mean you are the experts in the business and know what works and what doesn't and that is why I am here to seek your help. Cheers

For those with strong views on the logo, do you have any suggestions on how I cam improve on the name and logo, what is your company name and logo like. I mean you are the experts in the business and know what works and what doesn't and that is why I am here to seek your help. Cheers
Basil Brush Gas Services, tagline: BOOM BOOM!

Honestly, the cartoon dolphin looks like it came out of microsoft paint clip art circa 1990. If you're dead set on dolphin (would honestly rethink) you need to get a designer to knock up something classy

i like you, your concept and your avatar.....but who am i.....well i'm a fully qualified, by that i mean down the apprentice route ,not fast tracked....and not your man as i'm too far away and happily self employed

Not a good business plan at all in my opinion.

Most plumbing businesses grow in the same way.

You have a one man band, and that bloke is great on the tools, reliable and personable with customers. He gets too busy so calls in some help, and employs another bloke. Then rinse and repeat and before you know it you have the magical 5-1 ratio where you can support a full time admin position.

You are trying to start a business with two people off the tools and one person doing all the manual graft. If they have their head screwed on, they'll soon see that they're a glorified employee on a crap wage!

re the avatar

where did you find it cos im damn sure you didnt design it there was a member here using the same one a year or two back

nothing wrong with dolphin plumbing if you dont mind being connected to a bathroom company that had a bad name for service and quality and went to the wall a couple of years ago

I will not be 'damn sure' if I were you. The dolphin concept was triggered my head from a similar concept that we have in our current company ('dolphin behavior - to be friendly and helpful etc etc). I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I, but even that didn't stop the logo designer (my cousin) to laugh at it. It took 15 different versions to come to this final one. I never before have come to this site as you might figure that out by now.

Thanks for the advice, please note that my role and my wife's would have been Marketing-Business Development (finding customers, clients and contracts), all the admin work etc - All for nothing! Our aim was not short term but to get the business grow and look for profits 3 years down the line.

I really appreciate some of the views and advice, some not so helpful and relevant though.
Would I be wrong to assume that the majority here are one man band relying on 'word of mouth' with no plan and/ strategy as to how to be somewhere in the future where you will have a teams of plumbers who will work for you. I am sure they all dream of that, but what are they doing to get them there, word of mouth?!

Some may call me unrealistic but how different is the plumbing business from other service delivery business to grow?

Cheers
DP

Yes i think it looks a bit fishy:41:

I see, that explains why Churchill Insurance is going bust because they are using a silly dog for their Logo and adverts, the same is true for Gocompare and Confused.com..... , right? NO!

These guys are not silly to spend millions on branding and advertisements on silly and stupid concepts.
Think of it this way, I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?

Cheers
DP

If you are willing to sit back and not take anything for a while, then you may have a shot at it.

I still think you need to think about taking on a complete stranger, outsiders to the industry seem to think plumbing is and I quote "not difficult, its just joining pipes together" there is far more to it that and at the moment it seems for every 1 good plumber, there are 2-3 cowboys!!

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I...

Royalty Free Dolphin Stock Logo Designs

d1d.jpg

I will not be 'damn sure' if I were you. The dolphin concept was triggered my head from a similar concept that we have in our current company ('dolphin behavior - to be friendly and helpful etc etc). I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I, but even that didn't stop the logo designer (my cousin) to laugh at it. It took 15 different versions to come to this final one. I never before have come to this site as you might figure that out by now.

Really? betcha don't come back lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?
DP

Steve's vans is the answer, cos your vans are in your dreams.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dophinplumbers

I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?
DP

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...oking-business-partner-s-6.html#ixzz2Fi38orK0

steves. He's tried and tested. I see dozens of different plumbing and heating vans on a daily basis and can honestly say that with that logo yours wouldn't stick in the memory for long.

Well theres a surfboard, some kind of palm tree, clouds, sunset, different colour dolphin, a lot of differences really....

A dolphin looks like a dolphin, you cant complain about a similar looking drawing because it actully looks like a dolphin?? Why does that matter?

I dont know who you are, even if this is a joke post as some are predicting, but as long as your committed to the company and workmanship is of fine quality, then good luck to u!!

I see, that explains why Churchill Insurance is going bust because they are using a silly dog for their Logo and adverts, the same is true for Gocompare and Confused.com..... , right? NO!

These guys are not silly to spend millions on branding and advertisements on silly and stupid concepts.
Think of it this way, I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?

Cheers
DP
Agreed, but let's hope they remember the signage for the right reasons.

Top search result when I google DolphinPlumbers.co.uk is this thread.

Well this guys marketing is already quite successful, people are discussing his branding nationally...

Really? betcha don't come back lol

Why will that be, what will that say about this forum and the people like you in it? I am not here looking for sharks and cowboys that you might be a good example of. I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea. I think there is place for dolphin plumbers in the market as it is washed with cowboys and sharks! I wont be needing your opion or advice by the way, so please don't bother the effert of typing anything.

Cheers
DP

Why will that be, what will that say about this forum and the people like you in it? I am not here looking for sharks and cowboys that you might be a good example of. I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea. I think there is place for dolphin plumbers in the market as it is washed with cowboys and sharks! I wont be needing your opion or advice by the way, so please don't bother the effert of typing anything.

Cheers
DP

Cos you are more than likely a troll.
For me you lost all credibility when you told porkies about the logo. As soon as i get the time I'll show everyone the members avatar the same as your 'original'

Cos you are more than likely a troll.
For me you lost all credibility when you told porkies about the logo.

Agreed. Also the fact that for a self proclaimed successful businessman, your English leaves a lot to be desired. Suspiciously poor. Troll.

Yeah a bit condescending wasn't he? Plumbers just dream of growing business but don't know how to do it. Lmao what a dk

Besides the design and the plan this bloke will fall down when it comes to talking to plumbers.
He has no previous history and doesnt know a PRV from a TRV and has a right attitude towards other people.
I will place a £500 bet that I am a larger business then him in 5 years as I have actual experience of plumbing, am starting to build up trade contacts, am learning how to charge the right prices and how to invoice proffesionally. what has he got? a great idea with a well written business plan.

And to the OP, most plumbers who rely on word of mouth are so good that they dont need to advertise as constantly busy and do not want to have 3-4 people running around for them. not everyone wants to dream big!
I dont take the mick out of people in mcdonalds so why have you got an atitude towards the one man band. the world needs all sorts of people not just large companies.
And finally you remind me of my brother, he has a degree in "business studies" but has no proffession or trade. What's the point of learning to run a business if you dont have a business to start?

he mayhave had a flawed business proposition and a poor understanding of a domestic plumber,the desire for success was praiseworthy,but good old plumbers forum the mob rule is frightening

he mayhave had a flawed business proposition and a poor understanding of a domestic plumber,the desire for success was praiseworthy,but good old plumbers forum the mob rule is frightening
I confer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock