Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, please note that my role and my wife's would have been Marketing-Business Development (finding customers, clients and contracts), all the admin work etc - All for nothing! Our aim was not short term but to get the business grow and look for profits 3 years down the line.

I really appreciate some of the views and advice, some not so helpful and relevant though.
Would I be wrong to assume that the majority here are one man band relying on 'word of mouth' with no plan and/ strategy as to how to be somewhere in the future where you will have a teams of plumbers who will work for you. I am sure they all dream of that, but what are they doing to get them there, word of mouth?!

Some may call me unrealistic but how different is the plumbing business from other service delivery business to grow?

Cheers
DP

Yes i think it looks a bit fishy:41:

I see, that explains why Churchill Insurance is going bust because they are using a silly dog for their Logo and adverts, the same is true for Gocompare and Confused.com..... , right? NO!

These guys are not silly to spend millions on branding and advertisements on silly and stupid concepts.
Think of it this way, I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?

Cheers
DP

If you are willing to sit back and not take anything for a while, then you may have a shot at it.

I still think you need to think about taking on a complete stranger, outsiders to the industry seem to think plumbing is and I quote "not difficult, its just joining pipes together" there is far more to it that and at the moment it seems for every 1 good plumber, there are 2-3 cowboys!!

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I...

Royalty Free Dolphin Stock Logo Designs

d1d.jpg

I will not be 'damn sure' if I were you. The dolphin concept was triggered my head from a similar concept that we have in our current company ('dolphin behavior - to be friendly and helpful etc etc). I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I, but even that didn't stop the logo designer (my cousin) to laugh at it. It took 15 different versions to come to this final one. I never before have come to this site as you might figure that out by now.

Really? betcha don't come back lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?
DP

Steve's vans is the answer, cos your vans are in your dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock