Search the forum,

Discuss Freebie Alert - Altecnic 22mm dirtmag IQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Evening all.

Please read ALL the way to the end of the post before responding!

Tonights freebie is the 22mm Dirtmag IQ, courtesy of Mr Steve Boyd at Altecnic <cue round of applause>

You may only request a freebie if you commit to using the product, and then writing a review in the "product review" section of this forum. The review does not have to be positive, but any criticisms should be as constructive as possible.

The following members are not eligible, because they have received freebies in previous promotions but have not posted a review: Plumber0808, Jase, Mutley, KillyBing, Croppie or IDChappy.

The Dirtmag (apart from having a name that reminds me of some of the magazines of my youth in the 1970s) is positioned at the budget end of the filter spectrum and we will be selling it to the trade for £44.95 + VAT. However Altecnic are a reputable manufacturer, and make some strong performance claims.

To claim one of 6 freebies, PM me you real name and postal address. I don't care if I already have your address - you must type it in full to qualify, otherwise its not a level playing field. PMs without the full name and address will not count.

If you snooze, you loose... :)

I would love a good old fashioned dirt mag. All the streaming **** in net is boring me

Had these off Graham's last summer I think wasn't very impressed but at £40 the seem better. Does job , system blocked it in about 10 mins .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayyyyyyyy cheers monsieur stafford

Thanks Ray!!
Just watching the video in the link. Anyone fitted one?

My mobile phones warm with all the tinternet action and i near smashed the glass screen on the speed of that typing...

Damn, too slow!

But are they any good Ray? At that price if they work they're a no-brainer...

But are they any good Ray?

That, my dear Mas, is the whole point of getting you lot to review them! You wouldn't believe me if I said they were good would you?

I have a feeling that, like most things in life, you get what you pay for. But not every customer can afford top quality gear, and I suspect that any filter is a lot better than no filter at all - so long as it doesnt leak. I would be surprised if an Altecnic product leaked.

Did i see the altechnic new one in this months gas safe mag . The page where they show you companies new products. Im sure it was.. or couldve been spiro

just to cheer up the losers, guess who's been shown the spare room tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did we ever manage without em eh. Mind u 28mm takes longer to fur up.

still haven't fitted my timer!!! need to sort that out and do review otherwise no more freebies for me!!!

I like the look of the integral flow/return which may mean less leaks

At least it has a removable magnet . Not so keen on non magnetised ones . Only thing has this one isolators on it as i couldnt see from pics looked at.?

I'm looking forward to trying this out, if it works well it will be an ideal option when fitting cheaper boilers for landlords etc.

At least it has a removable magnet . Not so keen on non magnetised ones . Only thing has this one isolators on it as i couldnt see from pics looked at.?
Looks like they are an extra you can buy, also a hose for cleaning/maintenance

Only thing has this one isolators on it as i couldnt see from pics looked at.?

Yes, the version that we are selling does have butterfly iso valves. It is also on sale in a version without them, but it only saved about £3, which I thought was little enough for a pair of reasonably decent valves.

if it works well it will be an ideal option when fitting cheaper boilers for landlords etc.

Yes, thats the sector that we see it selling into. Hard to persuade someone who only wants to stump up £399 for a boiler to pay nearly 100 notes for a filter that they don't even understand why they need it.

Knackers I've missed it. Although I've got a stash of dirt mags under the bed so not too fussed. I've had a shed load of dissarono tonight. Absolutely wasted and it's not even 11pm. I'm off for some loving and a glass of water. Night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie Alert - Altecnic 22mm dirtmag IQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
For those of you receiving Altecnic Dirtmag IQ filters to review - please add your review here. Thanks Ray
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Permit me to introduce you to the the Johnson Magnetic Filter. Designed and built in the UK by registered gas engineer Neil Johnson, from Mansfield in Notts. There are a lot of filters on the market, and this one is not the cheapest, so is there room for another product? Neil thinks...
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
R
Before we start, a few quick reminders: Two of these have now gone, to AtouchofGas and Solutions. Three more to go. No change there. Top guys. Smashing freebie! How do you get one? Simple eh? Next step is: And this week's question is: How long was the warranty on the ECO-RF range...
Replies
Views
R
Well, I bet you weren't expecting this on Easter Sunday afternoon! If you are reading this after the afternoon of Sunday 20th April 2014, skip over it, because the freebies will be long since gone. People who got the iT500 freebie, but have not yet reviewed it are NOT ELIGIBLE for this...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Your favourite sponsor has FIVE (count them, one, two, three, four, FIVE) Intergas boilers to give away. Each one is worth a thousand (inc VAT) of your Great British Pounds. Absolutely free. No charge. Not a penny. We will even throw in a jig, flue kit and delivery. Your bank balance...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock