Search the forum,

Discuss Week 2 in the great Intergas Virgin freebie thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Before we start, a few quick reminders:

Your favourite sponsor has FIVE (count them, one, two, three, four, FIVE) Intergas boilers to give away. Each one is worth a thousand (inc VAT) of your Great British Pounds.

Two of these have now gone, to AtouchofGas and Solutions. Three more to go.

I should express my inestimable thanks to Mr Steve Zouch, Mr Jim Boyce and Mr Andy Burton of Intergas for their spectacular generosity in providing these boilers, and for their bottle in putting their product in front of all of you for honest review.

No change there. Top guys.

The boiler in question is the top-of-the-range 30kw Combi Compact ECO-RF. This is not the boiler that most Intergas users will be aware of (the HRE is the well known one). The ECO-RF range is a souped-up version and has all the features one expects of Intergas - easy maintenance, separate expansion, just 4 moving parts, legendary heat-ex, hot water available even when the pump fails, along with:

• Built in Honeywell RF programmable stat
  • 10 year warranty* (so long as you attend the manufacturers training course)

Smashing freebie! How do you get one?

To qualify for this freebie, you must be:

• a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
  • the main decision maker in your business.
  • An Intergas virgin. So you must not ever have fitted an Intergas boiler, or been on one of their courses.

By submitting your application for a freebie, you agree to the following conditions:

• You will attend an Intergas training course (approx 4 hours) at one of their 21 training centres around the country before you receive your free boiler.
  • You (and your customer if necessary) will co-operate with the Intergas marketing team if requested for photos and/or interviews
  • You agree to write an honest review on this forum of your experience with the training course and the boiler. The review does not have to be positive, but any criticisms should be constructive

Winners of the Vogue freebie which we ran last year are specifically excluded, just to spread the love around. :)

Winners cannot re-enter, but if you are one of the unlucky 6 who are rejected during the week, there is nothing to stop you having another go next week.

Simple eh?

Next step is:

Starting this weekend, once a week for 4 weeks, I will post a question on this thread, along with an invitation to contact me via PM. The question will relate to some technical aspect of the boiler, so you might like to have a browse round their website to get ahead.

On each occasion, the first 7 qualifying people to contact me with the correct answer and their contact details, will go into the pot for a free boiler. By a process which is entirely private to me and Intergas, and against which there is no appeal, the winner of the freebie will be selected. Over the course of the week, we will reveal the name of one loser per day, eventually unmasking that weeks winner. We will then start the process again for the next week.

And this week's question is:

How long was the warranty on the ECO-RF range BEFORE the upgrade to 10 years which comes into effect on 1st July?

*from July 1st 2015

Ok, I am going to be nice to Anz and let him in for the 3rd spot.

But from now on, entrants must include their contact details as well as the answer to the question.

I didn't make that sufficiently clear, and I know I have Anz's contact details from last week.

However, these are sometimes a scramble for speed, and it isn't fair if some people have to type less because I already have their details...

[edit - as I was typing, he sent another pm with all the details...thanks Anz]

Ok, I am going to be nice to Anz and let him in for the 3rd spot.

But from now on, entrants must include their contact details as well as the answer to the question.

I didn't make that sufficiently clear, and I know I have Anz's contact details from last week.

However, these are sometimes a scramble for speed, and it isn't fair if some people have to type less because I already have their details...

Wasn't sure if you wanted all the details again, but did resend them after actually reading the full opening post.

Jonnyswamp emerges from the black lagoon to claim the fourth spot...

if you havent installed an eco rf can we play?

No. You are not an intergas virgin, you are an intergas ****.

If you recall, after all this is over, I am putting a Rapid up, but the Ts & Cs will limit it to one of you intergas ****s.

Good luck all but mostly Riley :smile:

Ray if I have to dress up like Shania Twain to win the nxt boiler just pm me and I'll arrange! But just to prewar not you even shaved I'm hairy in parts the sun doesn't regularly see!!

Ray if I have to dress up like Shania Twain to win the nxt boiler just pm me and I'll arrange! But just to prewar not you even shaved I'm hairy in parts the sun doesn't regularly see!!

mindbleach.jpg

Well, this is going slower than I expected!

I have to nip out for a bit, but when I get home, the first two qualifying PMs will be added to the list.

I've never found it so hard to give away free boilers. Perhaps I was too hard on you all last week?

Any fleeces yet lol
I don't even want a boiler (unless its oil of course lol)

Any fleeces yet lol
I don't even want a boiler (unless its oil of course lol)

Reckon it`s easier to get a boiler than a fleece at the moment mate. lol

Can see why though, if uncle Ray gave one away and the word got out then ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Week 2 in the great Intergas Virgin freebie thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock