Discuss Can't get tap head off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know the secret to getting these heads off?? Took screw out, tried to pull head off and stuck solid on both hot and cold. Don't know the make of tap although there is a swan logo on the head.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 78
Universal tap head replacement will fit, just yank it or break it. The tap head kits come complete with new covers etc.

Your almost there... They do seize on like that... Remove screw and prize off!!

Maybe some wd40 or apply some heat!

Swirl Modern Reviver Kit Bathroom Basin Contract Tap ½" | Tap Reviver Kits | NoLinkingToThis

Grip tap head with grips. Turn it anti aclockwise with some force and I believe that the guts should unthread with it.

Try boiling water then ice that might release it, other than that hacksaw right through it horizontally ten you can get grips on tap body

Thanks for replies all, tried a towel over head and grips but wouldn't budge at all. Never known them to be this stubborn just thought there might have been secret screw or other method of release somehow before breaking the head or tap replacement.
Will try heat next, tried wd40. I've got head replacements ready to go on.

Ugly old tap that... I would just replace the thing! Prob cost the same as parts + labor of change over !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't get tap head off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock