Search the forum,

Discuss 10 year warranty on Ravenheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ravenheat are giving 10 year warranty on their top end combi
Would you fit one?

tbh ive never fitted one cant get the locally

Have you fitted any?
Fitted about 30 Modenas over the past 5 years, the majority with 7 year warranties. Not bad for a budget boiler, they work well, simple and the engineers in our area are great so can't complain - but saying we know the engineers says it all really :rolleyes:

Fit Vaillants the majority of the time to be fair. You've always got a customer that doesn't want to spend that type of money though.

Well rave don’t make there own hex’s just use a generic one so cuts cost down

Never liked Ravenheat and had so many breakdowns to fairly new ones in the past I have avoided them like the plague.
That said They have now really upped their game and for this they have totally transformed their new range. All the plastic has gone and replaced with copper and brass, the stainless hex is now 28mm stainless coil and very unlikely to block up and every part can be changed in minutes. I have to say I am very impressed by their new boiler and at ÂŁ600 for boiler, flue and boilerplus controls has to be a good choice for a budget boiler in my opinion.
Still do not know how reliable it will be, but time will work that one out and I am now going to be fitting one next week and see how it goes. Even got a ÂŁ50 off voucher for one when I went for my gas safe inspection event day at Ravenheat so winner methinks, and worth the risk.

Never liked Ravenheat and had so many breakdowns to fairly new ones in the past I have avoided them like the plague.
That said They have now really upped their game and for this they have totally transformed their new range. All the plastic has gone and replaced with copper and brass, the stainless hex is now 28mm stainless coil and very unlikely to block up and every part can be changed in minutes. I have to say I am very impressed by their new boiler and at ÂŁ600 for boiler, flue and boilerplus controls has to be a good choice for a budget boiler in my opinion.
Still do not know how reliable it will be, but time will work that one out and I am now going to be fitting one next week and see how it goes. Even got a ÂŁ50 off voucher for one when I went for my gas safe inspection event day at Ravenheat so winner methinks, and worth the risk.
Which model?
Would be good to get a review if you have time

I dont think they are paying ÂŁ500 for a new hex.

I heard Worcester pay something like ÂŁ2 for a pcb.

That wasn't really my point. If the boiler is ÂŁ500 to buy, lets say it costs ÂŁ100 (Could be more or less) to make and get to a retailer. If a new HEX is ÂŁ50 to them as a spare, they've then got the costs maybe two engineers visits (one to diagnose, then a revisit to fit), the cost of the engineer and the running costs of the call centre etc. By the time you've finished you're probably into a minimum of a ÂŁ200 repair. Get another call out to that boiler and you're nearly at a loss.

Has John from ravenheat inspired you?

no wouldnt fit but to be honest the old ravenheats were really good till the got to be around 9 or 10 years old thats when the problems started, not seen any newer ones as most of the guys near me fit worcester or vaillant

That wasn't really my point. If the boiler is ÂŁ500 to buy, lets say it costs ÂŁ100 (Could be more or less) to make and get to a retailer. If a new HEX is ÂŁ50 to them as a spare, they've then got the costs maybe two engineers visits (one to diagnose, then a revisit to fit), the cost of the engineer and the running costs of the call centre etc. By the time you've finished you're probably into a minimum of a ÂŁ200 repair. Get another call out to that boiler and you're nearly at a loss.

Thing is a lot of these smaller manufacturers dont use their own engineers they will use companies and pay them a fixed fee per breakdown and they will supply the parts. They also dont pay a huge amount I worked for a company years ago that did vokera and heatline some jobs they won on others they lost on if they had to go back to a breakdown they lost money. The smaller manufacturers also were very tight with parts and you had to send them back to be tested and if you installed 2 parts they argued every time. Where as the likes of Worcester just throw parts in if they suspect it could be that part.

Thing is a lot of these smaller manufacturers dont use their own engineers they will use companies and pay them a fixed fee per breakdown and they will supply the parts. They also dont pay a huge amount I worked for a company years ago that did vokera and heatline some jobs they won on others they lost on if they had to go back to a breakdown they lost money. The smaller manufacturers also were very tight with parts and you had to send them back to be tested and if you installed 2 parts they argued every time. Where as the likes of Worcester just throw parts in if they suspect it could be that part.

All Ravenheat guys are their own , I / you could ring a fault in now and they would be there tomorrow.
They have been knocked like hell over the years but they provide a service streets ahead of any other manufacturer in England .

Reply to 10 year warranty on Ravenheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock